News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Highly Contested 70 Charger A/C Six Pack Update: 2-28-15 Door Vin Decal Question

Started by TUFCAT, January 11, 2015, 08:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB14404SPD

A383Wing

it's on Discovery today in about 30 minutes, then half way through Saturday's broadcast, it switches to Velocity Channel

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 17, 2015, 02:47:37 PM
Whew.....that's a relief!  The bidders are much smarter than I thought.  I predicted a sale of over $100K.  Good Job Scottsdale!  :2thumbs:  

By the way, I hope Keopell lost his ass on it  :moon:  so other sellers stop fooling the public on this stuff.

Was it televised?  :shruggy:

We Scottsdale maybe considered rich but we aint dumb either....your welcome

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

If you go to barrett-jackson.com and click on "watch live" and back up to 3:46.40, you can watch the car and hear the announcers  :Twocents:

TUFCAT

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 17, 2015, 03:45:51 PM
If you go to barrett-jackson.com and click on "watch live" and back up to 3:46.40, you can watch the car and hear the announcers  :Twocents:

Thanks.  I found the video here....  http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Live/Streaming/Video

I brought up the live stream and have wifey recorded it on her phone....primitive I know, but it worked fairly well. :icon_smile_wink:

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/i8n1d2vHL1A

Don't you love it when the announcer introduces this car as a  "440 six pack when it left the factory"...and "rare V-code factory air car"... :eek2:

By the way you can hear my kids laughing in the background - - even they think its funny!  :smilielol: :smilielol:

6bblgt

hemi-hampton

TUFCAT

Quote from: 6bblgt on January 17, 2015, 04:35:56 PM
it was a very uneventful lot - I wonder if it actually "SOLD"?

Good question.  :shruggy:  Your guess is as good as mine, but I think the dude bought his car back....

472 R/T SE

Tuffy, you need to attend Scottsdale.  

My buddy Tom took 5 cars down again & consigned another couple buddies rigs.
Tom's cars are as nice if not nicer than the ones selling Friday & Saturday but he likes the Wed. & Thurs. time slots.  He refuses to pay more for "better" time slots since he feels his cars will sell on their own...and they almost always do.  He's not a "typical" flipper.  He'll go through every rig he buys & is not afraid to spend on any issues a rig may have.

I told Tom about this car & to let the NW collectors/dealers there know about it.  He told me he hadn't even seen it yet.  
I'm sure 8WHEELER being there helped spread the word as well.  And those of you that know Dan know he's quiet & not easy to approach.   :ohhthesarcasm:   :smilielol:

JB400

Not very many people are going to spend $100k+ on a car they don't know anything about.  I'm sure the people bidding on it, knew that combo wasn't available factory, and bid on it for what it actually was: a nicely restored 70 Charger non numbers matching 440 custom.

At least it had a nice looking red dress standing beside it

TUFCAT

That's awesome 472 and thanks to Dan for helping to get the word out....  :2thumbs:  I really hate to see good people (unknowingly) get burned on this stuff.  

6bblgt

funny that's not the same sentiment that the "cream puff" Daytona thread conveyed

TUFCAT

Quote from: 6bblgt on January 17, 2015, 05:02:06 PM
funny that's not the same sentiment that the "cream puff" Daytona thread conveyed

Not sure I fully get that?  In the case of that Daytona (hijacking a bit) I think our guys were being pretty realistic about the cars value.  In the end they found a buyer with endless, huge-ass deep pockets willing to overspend.  :Twocents:   But at least it was "real car" being sold.   :patriot:  

This Charger was as fake as a three dollar bill.

bill440rt

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 17, 2015, 04:35:47 PM

Don't you love it when the announcer introduces the car as a  "440 six pack when it left the factory"...and "rare V-code factory air car"... :eek2:

The announcer also said it has all original sheetmetal with the exception of a trunk floor repair.  :scratchchin:
I... don't... think so....  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

moparnation74

Quote from: bill440rt on January 17, 2015, 05:33:33 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on January 17, 2015, 04:35:47 PM

Don't you love it when the announcer introduces the car as a  "440 six pack when it left the factory"...and "rare V-code factory air car"... :eek2:

The announcer also said it has all original sheetmetal with the exception of a trunk floor repair.  :scratchchin:
I... don't... think so....  :scratchchin:
The introductions are very comical.  65k plus BP is on the high side for a 70 r/t non matching drivetrain.  But just think how much it would cost to buy a car and to restore it completely.

Had to watch the video twice I was too mesmerized by the beauty in the RED DRESS!!

TUFCAT

Just using the word "original" in the same sentence with this car should be against the law.  :D

TUFCAT

Quote from: moparnation74 on January 17, 2015, 05:48:32 PM

Had to watch the video twice I was too mesmerized by the beauty in the RED DRESS!!

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  Dude I agree that red dress was fetching...  :icon_smile_tongue:   "fetching" at least $20k on the price of that Charger!  :icon_smile_big:

Btw I really like the tight butt and mermaid bottom of that dress....oye veye! :devil:

[commercial break over]......back to lime green.   :icon_smile_cool:

moparnation74

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 17, 2015, 05:50:34 PM
Quote from: moparnation74 on January 17, 2015, 05:48:32 PM

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  I agree that red dress was fetching...  :icon_smile_tongue:   "fetching" at least $20k on the price the Charger!  :icon_smile_big:
Wonder what the buyers premium would be for that one? :icon_smile_big:

TUFCAT

Quote from: moparnation74 on January 17, 2015, 05:55:25 PM

Wonder what the buyers premium would be for that one? :icon_smile_big:

I'm betting that someone's probably sick of payin' on it....  :D

A383Wing

TUFCAT

Quote from: A383Wing on January 17, 2015, 05:59:08 PM
Tuffy would hit it, if he could afford her

Yes...I would!  :2thumbs:

But I can't....so I don't....and therefore I won't.  (Dammit)!  :'(

moparnation74

A383Wing

TUFCAT

Quote from: moparnation74 on January 17, 2015, 06:00:48 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on January 17, 2015, 05:59:34 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on January 17, 2015, 05:59:08 PM
Tuffy would hit it, if he could afford her

Yes, yes I would!  :2thumbs:
LOL, he already hit that and she doesn't know it yet :popcrn:

You're right!  :2thumbs:  I believe I have a twin somewhere out in the world.  He's 20 years younger....and tonight he's going to be in Scottsdale.....  Hitting that!  :drool5:

Now that's enough about me....so let's get back to me. :D  Ha ha

I'm kidding guys.  :nana:    More about the abortion that almost cast an ugly shadow on our hobby......  :yesnod:

Ghoste

Quote from: JB400 on January 17, 2015, 04:56:31 PM
Not very many people are going to spend $100k+ on a car they don't know anything about.  

You might be shocked then to find out just how many people are in fact perfectly willing to spend unbelievable sums on cars they know nothing about.  If the paint is shiny and the announcer says it cool...