News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Highly Contested 70 Charger A/C Six Pack Update: 2-28-15 Door Vin Decal Question

Started by TUFCAT, January 11, 2015, 08:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

It had to cost 100k to restore it to where it is, CORRECT?  It took my car 38k to restore from missing floor pan, trunk, and then body work to make it decent looking then threw another 20k to modify so I spent a lot and its not nice.

Im assuming he spared no expense to this car?  He lost money?

white

hemi-hampton

Yeah, I wonder how much it cost to restore? A few years ago some guys bought a rare car for like $300k, spent like $150k to restore & then sold for no reserve at Barrett Jackson for like $350 & lost like $100k. :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: LEON.

472 R/T SE

The restoration work had to cost every bit of the selling price IMO.

The fact it sounds like the seller was a dealer most likely means all the restoration work was farmed out.  Since it was performed in less than a year's time, I would think that's the case?

I would imagine the seller was trying to peddle it ASAP before word got out?  

TPR

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 17, 2015, 04:35:47 PM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 17, 2015, 03:45:51 PM
If you go to barrett-jackson.com and click on "watch live" and back up to 3:46.40, you can watch the car and hear the announcers  :Twocents:

Thanks.  I found the video here....  http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Live/Streaming/Video

I brought up the live stream and have wifey recorded it on her phone....primitive I know, but it worked fairly well. :icon_smile_wink:

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/i8n1d2vHL1A

Don't you love it when the announcer introduces this car as a  "440 six pack when it left the factory"...and "rare V-code factory air car"... :eek2:

By the way you can hear my kids laughing in the background - - even they think its funny!  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Thanks for the link Tufcat.
-That poor bloke has a terrible stutter.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 18, 2015, 01:19:39 AM
The restoration work had to cost every bit of the selling price IMO.

The fact it sounds like the seller was a dealer most likely means all the restoration work was farmed out.  Since it was performed in less than a year's time, I would think that's the case?

I would imagine the seller was trying to peddle it ASAP before word got out?  

not saying that perfection or good body work takes time, but it took my body man 2.5 in the garage and he did it within a year...well sheit if chip foose can do it in a week what am I talking about.... :icon_smile_big:

tan top

Quote from: white on January 17, 2015, 10:02:37 PM
Here is the video of the auction   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8n1d2vHL1A

:rotz:   60 k , for a car  with options  that Chrysler never built , ( I know  never say never with Chrysler but ... ) , just goes to show , who are buying these cars ,  

still good luck to the seller & buyer  !!  :cheers: :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

So $60k for a NOM R/T  :shruggy: Seems right for fresh paint and non-original 440, not factoring of AC and Cruise, right  :Twocents:

TUFCAT

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 18, 2015, 11:12:29 AM
So $60k for a NOM R/T  :shruggy: Seems right for fresh paint and non-original 440, not factoring of AC and Cruise, right  :Twocents:

It was 65K actually.  The buyer paid $71,500 with the buyer's fee....the seller walked away with only $59,800.

Fat cat mades $11,700 on this car alone.  That's enough to keep Steve Davis' hair plug treatments going, and Craig's dazzling elitist, douchebag, high-society lifestyle going on for a while...

On a side note......I love watching the old dudes in the sky box wearing Hawaiian shirts with Chevrolet ball caps, next to their old, drunk, Barbie-esque, blonde wives....(think ex-Dallas Cowboy's cheerleader, circa 1980) totally tripping out on her third triple Vodka/Red Bull shot, with a side of Zanax....egging on hubby to buy the next car, without a clue of how much of her "soon-to-be alimony" payments have already been spent on cars.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

6bblgt

Let's hope a "collector" purchased it & packs it away with hundreds of others never to see the light of day for decades.
VS.
Regurgitating these threads before each auction it makes an appearance at for years looking for a NEW owner.

Here (hopefully) endeth the discussion!

Ghoste

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ghoste on January 18, 2015, 03:02:34 PM
Wow Tuffy, you nail the demographic pretty good.  

Well you know..... I've been "around the block" a few times myself bro.  :coolgleamA: ...and not necessarily car auctions.  :D

charge69

Absolutely love the description of the crowd, Tufcat !  Craig has always struck me as a slimeball used car salesman trying hard to be considered as accepted by the "society elite" in Scottsdale.  I guess he made it but ........... never by me! He will always be considered as a wannabe society puke and lying-to-make-a-sale used car salesman!
Those bidders must be pretty liquored-up to bid the crazy prices some of the cars were going for! Definitely confirms my beliefs that GM people are basically stupid and just take the auctioneers' word for the authenticity of the cars!  Ha ! fools parade!

TUFCAT

Quote from: charge69 on January 18, 2015, 07:34:32 PM
Absolutely love the description of the crowd, Tufcat !  Craig has always struck me as a slimeball used car salesman trying hard to be considered as accepted by the "society elite" in Scottsdale.  I guess he made it but ........... never by me! He will always be considered as a wannabe society puke and lying-to-make-a-sale used car salesman!
Those bidders must be pretty liquored-up to bid the crazy prices some of the cars were going for! Definitely confirms my beliefs that GM people are basically stupid and just take the auctioneers' word for the authenticity of the cars!  Ha ! fools parade!

Thanks.  It must be a wonderland of beautiful cars, and a nostalgic walk down American history.... but I don't want to be part of that Circus atmosphere, or give any money to Craig Jackson's empire.  On a side note, I've been to Mecum and RM auctions, and enjoyed them a lot.  :2thumbs:  

I don't have the bank roll, nose up in the air, or the third nut required to be part of the Barrett-Jackson crowd.  

Ghoste

Do you have your passport buddy?  I might be able to hook you up with a third one this summer.

TUFCAT

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 18, 2015, 07:49:55 PM
Thanks.  It's got to be a wonderland of beautiful cars, and a nostalgic walk down American history.... but I wouldn't want to be part of that Circus atmosphere, or give any money to Craig Jackson's empire.  On a side note, I've been to Mecum and RM auctions, and enjoyed them a lot.  :2thumbs:  

I don't have the bank roll, nose up in the air, or the third nut required to be part of the Barrett-Jackson crowd. 

It's a nice car event, for sure. My first time going was a little over a decade ago, and have been several other times, but it seems lately, I am just not into it.
That said, I went to Mecum in Kissimmee last year and had a great time. While I had been there before, too, it just seems easier to navigate.  :shruggy:

TUFCAT

To clarify some confusion out there, this is not the "rear-ended to the shelf panel" 1970 Sublime Charger R/T featured on the Graveyard Carz TV show.

However, the Graveyard Carz '70 Charger R/T is also for sale.  Check out this thread....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,115722.0.html

HeavyFuel

Quote from: tan top on January 14, 2015, 06:38:59 AM
Quote from: MxRacer855 on January 13, 2015, 07:38:12 PM
:iagree:  :scope:  :drool5:

That ass! I mean rear end... I MEAN TAIL PANEL!

:scope:   yum yum   :yesnod:   

Here's a better look at her.   Quite beautiful.

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

moparnation74

TUFCAT