News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Highly Contested 70 Charger A/C Six Pack Update: 2-28-15 Door Vin Decal Question

Started by TUFCAT, January 11, 2015, 08:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 13, 2015, 07:30:15 PM
Quote from: JesseJames78 on January 13, 2015, 07:22:13 PM
Prices going up? this one went for 200k..... lot 2025

Guys, I think this one's pretty clear.... :cheers:

Yea, what's up with the block candy? Was she just up there for the Pratt collection sales?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dodge Don

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on January 12, 2015, 10:49:25 PM
For anyone with 1970 St. Louis tag & Mylar door sticker data, when you get time, start comparing fender tag photos & door sticker photos from the same car & compare them.

I am sure you will find that the scheduled production dates on the tags were not always the actual build month listed on the door stickers if you have enough data to compare on file.

The door stickers were required to show the actual build month while the tags were not, so I would be very surprised if you do not find any from St. Louis that do not match.

St. Louis is out of my normal area of study, but a quick search found three examples that did not match.

I have seen it at other plants as well, but do your own research on it if it interests you.   :scope:

Barry, yes you are correct. Every once in a while we run across one that does not match. Typically where the date on the fender tag is at the end of the month and the door sticker has the following month noted. They are fairly rare but common enough that you see one every once in a while. I have also seen ones with a very early date (like 903) where the door sticker had the previous month....these have been much less common than the other scenario.

Not to open up another festering wound but based on all the door stickers we have received (so not saying 100% accurate but based on all the research to date) we have noticed that for 70 Chargers (all built at St. Louis) the door sticker date format changed around mid-September 1969....every sticker we have received with a tag date of 913 or earlier had the door sticker date format as "AUGUST 1969" or "SEPTEMBER 1969"....after this the format changed to "9 - 1969" or "10 - 1969" etc up until mid-March 1970 where it switched to "3 - 70" or "4 - 70" etc. I imagine Dave at ECS may possibly have more original examples on file given the nature of his business but would have to somehow cull out just 70 Chargers from St. Louis plant to do a direct compare....I imagine he has better things to do with his time like running his business.  :yesnod:

Alaskan_TA

I started a database for the cars I track showing the SPD & the real build month, it was a real eye opener.

There was a 1970 Charger for sale online last year, 518 scheduled production date, but a note at the bottom said 'LAST JOB FIRST SHIFT (????) 05/25/70'  so that car was built at least a week 'late'. Have you seen that sheet yet?

1970 Hamtramck & LA door stickers also had running changes on how much was printed on them during the year.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: JesseJames78 on January 13, 2015, 07:22:13 PM
Prices going up? this one went for 200k..... lot 2025

When I see pricing like that, it makes me seriously consider cashing out on my car.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 14, 2015, 01:21:39 PM

When I see pricing like that, it makes me seriously consider cashing out on my car.

It will be very interesting to see what kinda' money gets thrown around today through Friday with the remaining Ron Pratte inventory parked until Saturday.

Whenever Pratte's involved, you never know what's really bought or faked for TV.  I think he's just as slimy and dirty as Craig and his sunglass wearing, hair plugged buddy Steve.

Did that Charger R/T really sell for 200K?  Who knows, did Ron Pratte ever really own these cars?  Maybe he's just a side-show ringleader for the Barrett-Jackson automobile warehouse?  Most likely not, but whenever I see Pratte, I always think something under the table is going on.  

So far there's been lot's of smoke and mirrors on the opening day of the circus this year, and some really big, big money was "on hand" to open the show.

........So who's playin' who?  :shruggy:

Ghoste

Oh, you have been watching the auction business much too closely.

69charger2002

WOW. the beautiful blue 70 V code charger just sold for $47000. i personally thought that was a great deal. People are asking that for regular R/T's.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

A383Wing

yea, saw that also...it should have gone for much more as nice as that was

I keep seeing that red 70 with white top in in the car lot..did that one sell yet?

nvrbdn

wasn't the red 70 with the white top the hemi car that sold for 200k last night?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

I missed yesterdays show..I don't know,, but I keep seeing the car when they go to commercial break

5hunert

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 14, 2015, 07:41:50 PM
WOW. the beautiful blue 70 V code charger just sold for $47000. i personally thought that was a great deal. People are asking that for regular R/T's.
Wow, low price.  Too bad IT didn't come with factory A/C and cruise control.  :icon_smile_big:

jww426

Don't try and talk me out of it...Ive decided to bid on the green 70 V-code charger and win it NO matter the cost.

Then Ill repaint it black, burnt orange interior, throw in a Hemi, 4sp, with the A/C of course, stamp out a new VIN tag with my stamping machine, and sell it next year at BJ as a Steve McQueen / Lee Iaccoca owned, 1 of 1 Hemi A/C car with cruise, sunroof, recall wheels, and with the rare color Sony mini TV from the factory line.

Yes I know what you all are saying, the Sony TV option was a: "limited, corporate exec-only option in 1970" and I realize that astute fact, but who there at BJ 2016 will know that bit of Mopar esoterica? Only we will !

JWW
JWWIV

472 R/T SE

I'm anxious to see what lot #838 does.  It was cloned into a Hemi 'cuda back in '74 out of an original AAR.  Bruce, the selling owner has owned it since then & bought it that way.

His live in buddy sold his yellow Town & Country first day.

chargerman69

Quote from: A383Wing on January 14, 2015, 07:44:04 PM
yea, saw that also...it should have gone for much more as nice as that was

I keep seeing that red 70 with white top in in the car lot..did that one sell yet?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Barrett_Jackson/status/555154956756336641/photo/1

TUFCAT

Just as I thought.....Ron Pratte's cars went off the block Tuesday, so where did all the "big money buyers" go?   :shruggy:

It doesn't appear that a single big money buyer was in the room on Wednesday!  :brickwall:   Coincidence?  .....I think not.  :icon_bs:

I saw plenty of high quality cars offered on Wednesday.....many of which should have sold for more money.  Are the "Tuesday" buyers on a 3-day tour of Scottsdale.....with full service high-end brothel service on the house?   Wherever those buyers went, I'm sure they'll be back in the room on Saturday when Ron Pratte's collection goes up for sale again.  

Barrett-Jackson is looking more and more like a fraud as the years go by. :Twocents:

A383Wing

Redmanf1

1970 DODGE CHARGER R/T  

Auction Scottsdale 2015
Reserve NO RESERVE
Status Sold
Price $48,400.00
Lot 464
Location Tent 2 A - 7
Year 1970
Make DODGE
Model CHARGER R/T
Style 2 DOOR HARDTOP

*Includes Buyer Commission   

Details

VIN XS29U0G218482
Exterior Color BLUE
Interior Color WHITE
Cylinders 8
Engine Size 440
Transmission AUTOMATIC

Description

For sale at auction: Lot #464 - Beautiful ground-up restoration, matching numbers 440 motor with console automatic transmission. The original Build Sheet is included. Options on the car are power steering, power brakes and swivel bucket seats. The blue metallic and white interior is a great color combination. Meticulously maintained to like new condition.

Ghoste

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Redmanf1

I think it is a little far back but that is an easy fix, few hundred bucks..

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 15, 2015, 10:56:49 AM
So, what's wrong with the tail stripe ?

TUFCAT

I'm sure there's lots more things wrong with that '70, I saw 1/2 dozen things without even looking that hard. $48K is a seller's dream!