News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'70 Road Runner that was wreck in F&F6

Started by Drache, January 09, 2015, 11:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Car was put back into running order and the owner takes it to shows like this....  :rotz:

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

six-tee-nine

I'd think so.

Not my cup of tea. If it were mine, I'd make a photo album of the before state and bring it back to how it was before that crash.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on January 09, 2015, 12:22:24 PM
Was that a stunt double for Strope car?

Yes.

It was a driven by Michelle Rodriguez (Letty) in F&F4 where she crashed (this was computer generated). They did a "flash back" in F&F6 where they rolled a real Roadrunner then lit it on fire. This was that car.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Daytona R/T SE

So...

This car was damaged in the filming of a forgotten scene in a shitty movie ?  :shruggy:

Fix the damned thing already !   :slap: :brickwall:

TUFCAT

You mean this riveting scene of unforgettable intense high drama....?  :icon_smile_big:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe5OREnWMK8

myk

Fast 4 is the best of the series, but it's not worth a Roadrunner IMO.  Fix it dude...

Drache

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 09, 2015, 02:51:41 PM
You mean this riveting scene of unforgettable intense high drama....?  :icon_smile_big:

Actually no, that one was computer generated.

The real roadrunner was destroyed in the "flash back" sequence from F&F6

At least that is how it was explained to me.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TUFCAT

Quote from: Drache on January 09, 2015, 03:04:22 PM

That makes sense to me... the scene does appear to be CGI.

Drache

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 09, 2015, 03:19:34 PM
Quote from: Drache on January 09, 2015, 03:04:22 PM

That makes sense to me... the scene does appear to be CGI.

And in F&F4 they don't light the car on fire if I remember. In F&F6 they explode the car into a ball of fire.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mike DC

I don't think that car was ever rolled at full speed.  The damage looks all wrong.

My guess is they bashed it up & turned it over just so they could shoot the actor crawling out of it. 

I recall another one of these gray F&F Plymouths turning up on Ebay a few years ago.  It looked like it was actually rolled at speed.  Still had a very beefy cage inside, etc. 

These movies are such huge operations anymore . . . it wouldn't be too surprising if they rolled one for real at some point and never even used the footage. 

TUFCAT

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 09, 2015, 04:17:06 PM

I don't think that car was ever rolled at full speed.  The damage looks all wrong.

My guess is they bashed it up & turned it over just so they could shoot the actor crawling out of it.  

Now that you mention it....I would buy that theory.  :yesnod:   The damage looks wrong for a rollover, like you said...

Btw, the heater hose is a continuous loop with no a/c parts (nor hoses) at the firewall....but it has that all important a/c compressor!  :D

bill440rt

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 09, 2015, 02:08:01 PM
So...

This car was damaged in the filming of a forgotten scene in a shitty movie ?  :shruggy:

Fix the damned thing already !   :slap: :brickwall:

X2
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mike DC

The 1960s "Batman" TV show was total crap that could not be taken seriously.  

But I wouldn't cut up an original Batsuit to make kitchen curtains.

Ghoste

Drache

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 09, 2015, 09:05:28 PM

The 1960s "Batman" TV show was total crap that could not be taken seriously.  

But I wouldn't cut up an original Batsuit to make kitchen curtains.

Now say in the show one of the original batsuits was turned into curtains as part of the story. Are you going to sew those curtains back into the Batsuit?  :nana:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

Drache

Personally I see this car really no different than the "Joe Dirt" Daytona. Sure it's a little bit better known due to having more screen time. But I've had people see pictures of it and mention how crappy it looks (and the is all movie magic) and should "restore it back to it's former glory".

The car is running and driving every day and certainly attracts a crowd at a car show when people are used to seeing perfection! Then someone walks up, reads the sign about it being in F&F and then are either ok'd or really impressed.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

Maybe they think its the original Strope one?

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on January 10, 2015, 12:35:19 AM
Maybe they think its the original Strope one?

Doubtful. It doesn't claim to be, it doesn't say Hammer across the back, and Strope's car isn't yellow under the hood  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mike DC

If they raised the Titanic off the ocean floor there would be people saying it should be restored to day-1 appearance too.  

Whatever.  The car in this thread is not THAT historic of a F&F prop.  (The '70 Charger they rolled in the first movie, now that one is historic IMO.)  But if it's going to be paraded around as the movie car then it's better left as-is. 

Taking screen-used props in original condition and restoring them to look like replicas is common practice but that doesn't make it a good idea.  Only after most of the originals are restored does everyone start realizing that the few unrestored ones left have become the most interesting & valued ones . . .