News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ghetto guages

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 09, 2015, 06:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 10, 2015, 06:52:10 AM
U know I'm jealous of u because your building a 69 Daytona and that's my next project
:icon_smile_big:

I hope you're a fortune teller because the alternative means you have me mixed up with someone else.  I don't have a Daytona on the back burner.

TUFCAT

Shawn, when you get all those millions please remember your little friends will' ya!  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

plasticman-32

:popcrn:

indreams84

1974dodgecharger,

I believe the only thing you're missing is a 3-pack of chrome port holes taped on the front fenders, dice valve caps, andddd a K&N filter sticker on the door. Oh, and maybe one of those TapouT decals in the back window  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T #s Matching

F8-4life

The man is driving a 4 sp 68 charger.
He is obviously a individual who does not care what you think about his gauges.

marshallfry01

Hey 1974 dodgecharger,
Idk if you do the Instagram thing or not but I saw a picture of your blue 68 on there. It's the very same pic as the one posted above. The last time I saw the pic it had over 3,500 likes, so there are a lot of people out there that like it!!  :2thumbs:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

TUFCAT

Here's the point...

1974dodgecharger starts out showing some of his new handy work in this thread titled "ghetto gauges".  Yes, they are ghetto.  But obviously he must already know that since he named the thread.  He must also realize the quality look and feel of this project is something most of us would not be proud of....but still, some want to make him feel good without saying anything to the contrary.  

No "news flash" here.....A guy does a half-ass job on his car when he really should have fixed his gauges.  It looks terrible, but I think he knows that.  He even uses the term "rigged-up" and admits using 2 dollar eBay pods shipped from Japan.  But the bleeding hearts still come of the woodwork to support the Op, who probably doesn't care what we think about it anyway.  :Twocents: :Twocents:  

1974dodgecharger

Ahhhh...yup.  I still enjoyed my work and guess what they are functional and now eye level I can see it.  I just wanted to share that is all....let it be pos. Or neg.   

My car was built on functionally and it gets driven more than 90 percent of the members on this board with their own cars and plus its mine car not yours  :icon_smile_big:

As for the people who understood what I was doing, thx.

If u guys ever saw my car please park very far away....I'm sure u don't want to be seen next to it because in yo eyes it might be too ghetto..... :2thumbs:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: marshallfry01 on January 10, 2015, 08:30:29 PM
Hey 1974 dodgecharger,
Idk if you do the Instagram thing or not but I saw a picture of your blue 68 on there. It's the very same pic as the one posted above. The last time I saw the pic it had over 3,500 likes, so there are a lot of people out there that like it!!  :2thumbs:

Thank you... :2thumbs:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: F8-4life on January 10, 2015, 07:33:26 PM
The man is driving a 4 sp 68 charger.
He is obviously a individual who does not care what you think about his gauges.

The F8-4life  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Yeah, yeah this is great and all.  Time for a big group hug.  I wanna know about me dammit!  You can't dangle the Daytona cookie in front of my nose and then hide it behind your back.  What kinda fortune teller are you anyway?  You're worse than those boardwalk gypsies in the phone booths and you gotta pay a quarter for their crap.  Tell me my future man, am I getting a Daytona or what?!

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on January 11, 2015, 04:01:36 PM
Yeah, yeah this is great and all.  Time for a big group hug.  I wamma know about me dammit!  You can't dangle the Daytona cookie in front of my nose and then hide it behind your back.  What kinda fortune teller are you anyway?  You're worse than those boardwalk gypsies in the phone booths and you gotta pay a quarter for their crap.  Tell me my future man, am I getting a Daytona or what?!

I swear ghoste you had a Daytona clone build up  :icon_smile_big: I was not drunk that night I typed or was I?  I know it was late  :icon_smile_big:

yes big group hug  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Ghoste

So I'm not coming into a large sum of money?  :bawling:  Another dream gone.  :flush:

1974dodgecharger

my bad ghoste  ;D

thanks tufcat for the group hug  :grouphug:

Ghoste

It's ok, I'll shuffle into the hug and swallow my sadness.

Lighthorseman

"Ghetto" or not, that's a Charger that would make me stop in mid-conversation just to watch it cruise by.   :2thumbs:

Ghoste

1974dodgecharger

:grouphug:

The car is being prepped for a 5500 mile tour this summer from AZ, texas, Alabama, north caroline, carisle, to MI then heading back to AZ through the Midwest area.  Cant wait all for the MOPOWERED tour 2015  :2thumbs:

Cooter

Quote from: myk on January 09, 2015, 06:01:25 PM
Typical old car guy snobbery and eliticism.   Instead of providing constructive criticism, guidance on improving his ' mod and being a helpful hot rodder, everyone craps on him because he didn't follow the sacred Mopar doctrine on how things should be done.  Way to treat a fellow forum member guys!   :2thumbs:

I get what you're sayin, but at some point one has to put away the "everybody gets a trophy. There are no losers" and call it like it looks. I mean, I thought it was constructive criticism.  You should see the wing guys when I call a spade a spade referring to their "vette" noses and dumbass wings.

Without someone to inform you of your stupid decisions, you might never know just how cheesy that scoop looks until pointed out later. Wouldn't you want your friends to inform you of your F&F mods before it's too late instead of strangers? Just trying to help guys.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

John_Kunkel

Wow, glad I'm not assigned to the "stupid decisions" committee here.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

1974dodgecharger

LMAO....give it a break guys its just some gauges and a hood scoop.  

As I recall when the Daytona first came out EVERYONE CALLED IT UGLY even COOTER admitted to it when he first saw the car back in the 70s, but now ALL OF A SUDDEN EVERYONE LOVES EM!

I recall also MIKE MUSTO he received so much SHIT from people online and in person about his 68 charger with 18inch rims, but now people are running me.  HELL he received negative critiscm about his DAYTONA CLONE, but guess what all of a sudden everyone LOVES IT!!!  

I do things to my car that have functionality AGAIN considering the fact MAJORITY of people who own these cars DONT EVEN DRIVE EM except to trailer it.   My car gets 10k miles per year or more....and YES even in 110 plus degree heat in AZ where most feel their cars will melt.  :icon_smile_big:

another pic of my ghetto gauges and man drove in the dark and it was great being able to read my temps to turn on my fan at night instead of looking at my feet.  :icon_smile_big:

el dub

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 12, 2015, 04:11:13 PM

Wow, glad I'm not assigned to the "stupid decisions" committee here.

:2thumbs:  there's a couple of funny committees on this forum according to some other people
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Patronus

You wanna use lag-bolts to attach your hood scoop? - go right ahead. Ya want some gauges on the A pillar, do it. Or maybe you just leave the wheel-wells over sprayed just like the leaf springs? Hey, we all got our limitations... Why not complete the look with a 2x6 douglas-fir spoiler?  :shruggy:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73