News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ghetto guages

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 09, 2015, 06:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Got tired of looking at the floor for my guages so I rigged up a pillar version.  Forgot how I even wired up my car many years ago....

Mytur Binsdirti

When are the 22"s going on?

Cooter

Ida put that Vin Diesel tac up on the dash pimpin.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

VegasCharger

What's wrong with the OEM gauges that stare at you in the face? I dunno maybe it's just me but I would focus on using the ones the factory offered.  :Twocents:

1974dodgecharger

They dont work......I'm too lazy to work on each individual one.....I make vin diesel proud.   20s are for sissys I have 30s right now.

Daytona R/T SE

I see a wasted opportunity here.  :scratchchin:

You could have mounted each of your individual gauges to one of those giant lag bolt/washer combos that you have securing that tastefully designed and artfully executed hood scoop.  :2thumbs:

1974dodgecharger

Meh, im happy where are......my car is not nice like everyones on this board, but I work with what I have.  :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 09, 2015, 07:43:52 AM
What's wrong with the OEM gauges that stare at you in the face? I dunno maybe it's just me but I would focus on using the ones the factory offered.  :Twocents:

Electric and not accurate comes to mind.....

That is a big honking hood scoop. Anthony Springs would be very proud...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

John_Kunkel

Accuracy of electric gauges is directly proportional to the price but the subject of accuracy always brings to mind the old saw "a man with a watch knows what time it is, a man with two watches is never sure".
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Yatzee

I don't know weather to laugh or cry when I see such poor workmanship. I don't pull
teeth cause I'm not a dentist and you should have let someone else do this mod. I
have a lot of respect for chargers of this vintage, you should too.

el dub

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

myk

Typical old car guy snobbery and eliticism.   Instead of providing constructive criticism, guidance on improving his ' mod and being a helpful hot rodder, everyone craps on him because he didn't follow the sacred Mopar doctrine on how things should be done.  Way to treat a fellow forum member guys!   :2thumbs:

JB400

What did you use for the gauge pods? :popcrn:

69wannabe

Many opinion's shared, if you like the aftermarket gauges and you like where you have them in your car then that should be the end of the story.... I like the factory gauges myself and was lucky that they all worked when I bought my charger. Have had some work done on them recently and it is expensive as is everything on these cars but that's just me. Alot of people are doing the black wheels on their cars these days and I just don't like them at all!! Some wheel's actually are tasteful that are darker and much as I kinda hate to admit the vector wheel's are one of my favorite type's of wheel's ever but these just black and flat looking with whatever design is on them. I just like a chrome wheel on cars or a polished aluminium wheel,something shiny really makes the car to me instead of solid black wheels. Just my opinion tho of course, I see alot of solid black cars with black wheels and it's just too much black. A black car with chrome or aluminum wheels looks awesome to me and of course the general lee looked good with the black vector's on it but it was bright orange so it looked good with the darker colored wheels. Let's face it tho the vector's look good on about any color charger!!! :yesnod:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Cooter on January 09, 2015, 12:42:28 PM
Quote from: VegasCharger on January 09, 2015, 07:43:52 AM

Electric and not accurate comes to mind.....

That is a big honking hood scoop. Anthony Springs would be very proud...

Lmao.....Anthony springs hates looking at my car because he wants one built up like mine.  :icon_smile_big:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: myk on January 09, 2015, 06:01:25 PM
Typical old car guy snobbery and eliticism.   Instead of providing constructive criticism, guidance on improving his ' mod and being a helpful hot rodder, everyone craps on him because he didn't follow the sacred Mopar doctrine on how things should be done.  Way to treat a fellow forum member guys!   :2thumbs:

You know myk I can tell who is old and who is young by the responses lol.  I personally don't give two shits because its my car i don't have cash flow like our turbine member, old school sense like cooter, or cash flow like ghoste, etc.....trust me when I say I been received many critiscms from my front disc brakes, rim size, alternator not correct, wrong radiator, etc.....and end of the day I drive it and they don't.  Saw a old fart criticy my car and I saw his ass get in a fckin Prius.....I looked at him and laughed.

1965gp

Seriously, sometimes you have to look at it like that- your driving the car and enjoying it.

Cars are expensive to build (especially these!) and I realized I was not going to be able to build a 'correct' Charger so I just made it to my liking. It's a GL clone so most mopar guys don't like it before they see it.

I would personally try to clean up the wiring by looming it and zip tying everything so it looks a little cleaner.

1974dodgecharger

Ghoste

Cash flow like Ghoste?  A) I never said anything bad about your gauges or your car so don't bring me in, and B) cash flow like me? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

JB400

Maybe he's from an alternate parallel universe where you're rich :lol:

I hope you know I'm joking. :cheers:

Ghoste

Drache

Who cares what his car looks like or how he did the work. At least he's enjoying HIS car HIS way and it's not sitting in some garage or a field somewhere.  :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

1974dodgecharger

U know I'm jealous of u because your building a 69 Daytona and that's my next project
:icon_smile_big:

Quote from: Ghoste on January 10, 2015, 12:22:47 AM
Cash flow like Ghoste?  A) I never said anything bad about your gauges or your car so don't bring me in, and B) cash flow like me? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: JB400 on January 09, 2015, 06:14:30 PM
What did you use for the gauge pods? :popcrn:

Stroke I bought some cheap pods off eBay to hack up they cost 2 bucks shipped from Japan.  Better than autometer they wanted 35 bucks a single pod.