News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fast N Loud Gas Monkey Garage error

Started by VegasCharger, January 06, 2015, 09:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Check out time marks at 14:09 and 15:08. They claim the car being a 1978 Dodge Satellite :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
They were wrong twice. The make, Plymouth not Dodge and the year, 1972 (I think) and not 1978.
And they claim that they know their cars LMAO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCvFAXj39tQ

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

UFO

Counting cars Danny ran across a dodge duster on one of the drive arounds.

polywideblock

don't forget "misfit garage" and the "71  charger " that was really a 73  but they called it a 71 right through the episode  :rotz:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

Give 'em a break, they're just actors with a technical background.  They can only go with whatever the script "suggesters" give them.  (I don't think they spend time and money on actual written lines)

charger Downunder

Pisses me off to see a so called car guy jumping on a car like that. No respect at all. :flame:
[/quote]

Ponch ®

Quote from: polywideblock on January 06, 2015, 10:45:23 PM
don't forget "misfit garage" and the "71  charger " that was really a 73  but they called it a 71 right through the episode  :rotz:

haha...beat me to it.

I was simultaneously ROFL'ing and cringing every time it was brought up during the episode.

I mean, I get it..an average person could get them confused. But the premise of this show is that these guys - especially Thomas "the money guy" - are supposed to know a lot about cars, what they are or could be worth, and make decisions on whether a car is a good buy for a fix n flip or not based on that "expertise". If he got that wrong (and it was in fact a legit scene and not staged) then he ain't gonna stay in business very long.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ACUDANUT

jaak

With all non-Mopar guys all Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouths are Dodges. Remember Al Bundy drove a "Dodge" Duster on Married With Children :lol:

I actually saw an ad on Craigslist the other day for a "Dodge Chrysler 300" for sale.  :smilielol:

Jason

UFO

Quote from: jaak on January 07, 2015, 05:21:04 PM
With all non-Mopar guys all Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouths are Dodges. Remember Al Bundy drove a "Dodge" Duster on Married With Children :lol:

Was a great step up when he became "viper man".

polywideblock

Quote from: jaak on January 07, 2015, 05:21:04 PMRemember Al Bundy drove a "Dodge" Duster on Married With Children :lol:
Jason

it was supposed to be a 74 dart so at least they got the body style sort of right  :scratchchin:

Ghoste

Hmm, maybe we should call all BOP Chevies, all Chevies GTO's and all Fords Mustangs unless it is a Mustang and then we could call it a Camaro.

lukedukem

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 07, 2015, 05:15:13 PM
That link is for a Mustang.  :shruggy:

fast foward to the 14:09 mark and look at the bottom left of the screen. they call it a 1978 Dodge Satellite but it isn't.
and at the 15:08 mark, richard calls it a 1978 Dodge Satellite too.

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

polywideblock

Quote from: Ghoste on January 08, 2015, 06:33:41 AM
Hmm, maybe we should call all BOP Chevies, all Chevies GTO's and all Fords Mustangs unless it is a Mustang and then we could call it a Camaro.

:2thumbs:       planning a new comedy show ,    people forget it was supposed to be(out there ) funny  :yesnod: not factual

VegasCharger

Quote from: lukedukem on January 08, 2015, 10:12:04 AM

fast foward to the 14:09 mark and look at the bottom left of the screen. they call it a 1978 Dodge Satellite but it isn't.

Thanks for doing my dirty work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I could understand replies like that if I didn't post the time marks. How much more clearer could I be :shruggy:

lukedukem

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 08, 2015, 07:38:33 PM
Quote from: lukedukem on January 08, 2015, 10:12:04 AM

Thanks for doing my dirty work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I could understand replies like that if I didn't post the time marks. How much more clearer could I be :shruggy:

Lol. I don't have an answer for that

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

RallyeMike

Whatever year it is, for $100 and beer in the trunk it was a helluva deal.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

myk

Pff.  It's television.  I expect the same amount of intelligence and accuracy from that show as I would CNN or the Tom and Jerry show...

John_Kunkel

A TV show about cars with inaccurate info...........say it isn't so.  ::)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ACUDANUT

I like this show better than "Buzzard Beak" and his all mopar show.  Plus Fast N loud is on a high dollar channel.

lukedukem

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 10, 2015, 10:05:24 AM
I like this show better than "Buzzard Beak" and his all mopar show.  Plus Fast N loud is on a high dollar channel.

That makes no sense. They are on the same channel

http://www.velocity.com/tv-shows/fast-n-loud
http://www.velocity.com/tv-shows/graveyard-carz
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

ACUDANUT

Fast and loud is on discovery channel. I don't even get the velocity channel.  :shruggy:

lukedukem

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 11, 2015, 10:46:07 AM
Fast and loud is on discovery channel. I don't even get the velocity channel.  :shruggy:

Well, they are both owned by discovery. Velocity is a secondary channel that just mainly does car stuff.
But fast and loud is now on velocity as well.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Ponch ®

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 07, 2015, 04:51:10 PM
Quote from: polywideblock on January 06, 2015, 10:45:23 PM

haha...beat me to it.

I was simultaneously ROFL'ing and cringing every time it was brought up during the episode.

I mean, I get it..an average person could get them confused. But the premise of this show is that these guys - especially Thomas "the money guy" - are supposed to know a lot about cars, what they are or could be worth, and make decisions on whether a car is a good buy for a fix n flip or not based on that "expertise". If he got that wrong (and it was in fact a legit scene and not staged) then he ain't gonna stay in business very long.

So I'm watching another Discovery "reality" show -the one with the old fat guys (Fat N' Furious). So they get a call about a "72 Charger" and they go check it out. It's totally a 73. They ask the owner what year it is...he says "its a 72-ish...73 rear end, tail lights)" Meanhwile I'm looking at the front bumpers, the quarter windows, etc and its clearly a 73. Goes without saying that these shows arent exactly accurate....but again, these guys should be able to know what they're buying.

Oh, and to pour lemon juice on the paper cut, they start talking about how Chargers are the most desirable muscle cars, but not the 71-74's because they're "not the the ones that Steve McQueen drove in movies"
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Cooter

See, the real problem is like shady sellers....from the sound of it, we still watch the shows.
All it takes is a bunch of "first time, last time" to make a scammer a ass load of money.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"