News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 RT Early Production

Started by jww426, January 06, 2015, 11:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Wow, what a beauty!

I absolutely love that burgundy.

Bill Wiemann owned a '70 Charger R/T painted in *Special Order* 999 code burgundy with what I thought was a tan-ish colored top.  Not positive, it's been a while since I remember seeing it.

hatersaurusrex

Mine's also a Sept 67 build - looks like we're only 6 days apart  It has the RWB emblems AND the chrome map pockets though.   Still has a ways to go to be in anywhere near as clean as yours though.  Here's a couple of pics from when I drug it home.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

triple_green

That is an awesome car! I think I have only ever seen one other RR1 68.

"blueskydark" on this website has one and it is original paint. I think it is a 383 car. Maybe she'll chime in.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

squeakfinder

Quote from: triple_green on January 07, 2015, 06:20:33 PM
That is an awesome car! I think I have only ever seen one other RR1 68.

"blueskydark" on this website has one and it is original paint. I think it is a 383 car. Maybe she'll chime in.

That one is hard to forget....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89224.25.html
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

TUFCAT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 06, 2015, 03:24:22 PM
Very, very nice!    :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

The biggest flaw that I see is that it doesn't have air conditioning. ;)

Looks very nice!  One obvious flaw I can see is the front sway bar should be painted black.

MxRacer855

69rtse4spd

Very, very nice car, nice color, whites not realy doing it for me either. But then I have a 69 A4, with green guts & green top,  :eek2:, but all original. Only flaw is no split in the grill, & the springs didn't taste like bacon.  :2thumbs:.

fc7_plumcrazy

very nice Charger.
I would remove the 15" wheels and install correct 14"

Carsten

70 Charger X2

Quote from: jww426 on January 06, 2015, 02:59:04 PM
Perhaps Ill yank the engine and put in on a stand for display. Then Ill put in a small block Chevy with eight Strombergs, that plus cut a hole in the hood so they can stick out.
Perhaps a green interior.
Maybe a bright green stripe kit.
LED's underneath so it'll light up at night.
Whip antenna, and a marine VHF radio.
Hmmm...

Oh God Please don't !!! I think we all have to seriously consider taking it away from you till you came to your senses,  All kidding aside I would not change anything. I think the color is great and works very well with the black and white interior. My first 68 was bright red with the black and white interior in it and I thought that worked pretty well but this burgundy really gives the car distinctive lines and good contrast of the white tail strips. To me it all ties together quite nicely.
Paulie

\