News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gravyard carZ show

Started by keith88, January 03, 2015, 07:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

Hi i was wounding what people think and if they have watched Graveyard carZ on Velocity. Its a show on this shop that restores nothing but Mopars been watching it a lot lately and it pretty good. Just started a restoration on the General Lee that jumped on to the highway from the Dukes of Hazzard movie.  They have restored some very rear Mopars on that show, wish i had the money for them to do mine. :2thumbs: :popcrn:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

jaak

Yeah, there have been several threads about the show, and about Mark. The Red Daytona they restored a couple of years ago, belongs to a member here.
Mark posts on here from time to time.

Jason

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: jaak on January 03, 2015, 07:20:44 PM

Mark posts here once in a great while, but only to promote the show.

Fixed.

2592 creston

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 03, 2015, 08:06:13 PM
Quote from: jaak on January 03, 2015, 07:20:44 PM

Mark posts here once in a great while, but only to promote the show.

Fixed.

What's wrong with that? Some people just post here to complain !!

keith88

I did search graveyard cars and found that there are posts here which i did not know about most good some bad. The 70 Charger rear end crash repair i think is a special case and i can see both sides of that argument and agree its not his best work but he did elude to that in the episode, it wasn't a restoration, but a repair he was doing the guy a favor and wasn't going to fix everything that was wrong with it.. over all i do think it is informative. :popcrn: :popcrn:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

GordonGriggs

The only thing I don't like about the show is when they cut up restorable cars to repair rare cars. I think that aftermarket parts should always be used instead of cutting up a restorable car.

Stegs

I love the show!

I know the play fighting and arguing can get old, but i love old mopars, i love that he does everything to stock (no 20" spinners on these cars)

I like the fact he is a mopar genius and the show IMO is very informative.

He rattles off codes and build sheet numbers like its no big deal.....

I dvr every episode and i can honestly say that i have learned alot about old mopars that i never new before

One thing i dont like, Everytime i watch the show it makes me want to send my charger to him for a full resto!  :yesnod: And thats not in the budget for some time!

nvrbdn

yep, a good, informative, car show about mopar restorations. that alone will keep my attention.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

comet_666

I love the show, I was at a show last year at Legendary interiors and met the guy with the red Daytona, at the time I had no idea about the show at all but he seemed like a good guy.

moparnation74

I really enjoy the cars being restored and the restoration information provided.

However, the constant bickering and boxing antics take away from it.  Reality shows try to find a niche for humor and entertainment but the avenue GYC takes is rather annoying/embarrassing. 

69bronzeT5

Quote from: GordonGriggs on January 03, 2015, 09:19:35 PM

The only thing I don't like about the show is when they cut up restorable cars to repair rare cars. I think that aftermarket parts should always be used instead of cutting up a restorable car.

:iagree:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: GordonGriggs on January 03, 2015, 09:19:35 PM

What restorable cars have they cut up? All I see out in their junk yard is organ donors.

fy469rtse

Nah , over that show, made up drama , we have enough real issues when working on these cars
Been watching , muscle car and horsepower ,
Very good shows with out the dramas

2592 creston

Quote from: fy469rtse on January 05, 2015, 11:13:13 PM
Nah , over that show, made up drama , we have enough real issues when working on these cars

I agree that there are "real issues" with our cars and with the rest of our lives. That's why I think the show is good because it gets you away from all that for awhile, you watch some friends mess with each other and get to see some cool cars. Sometimes you gotta get away from reality for awhile.

moparnation74

Quote from: 2592 creston on January 06, 2015, 05:43:48 AM

I agree that there are "real issues" with our cars and with the rest of our lives. That's why I think the show is good because it gets you away from all that for awhile, you watch some friends mess with each other and get to see some cool cars. Sometimes you gotta get away from reality for awhile.
Really, who talks to their friends in that manner.  Name calling, belittling, and the arrogance.  One of my friends would have already clocked him in the mouth.

2592 creston

Quote from: moparnation74 on January 06, 2015, 08:33:20 AM

Really, who talks to their friends in that manner.  Name calling, belittling, and the arrogance.  One of my friends would have already clocked him in the mouth.

First of all its just a show!!!! They have all been friends for years, and if you can't mess with your friends like that...maybe it's time to get new friends.....bottom line is It's a show...just for entertainment, don't like it don't watch it!!!

Paul G

Really, who talks to their friends in that manner.  Name calling, belittling, and the arrogance.

That is Marks character. He might have that type of personality in real life? I probably would not have lasted a week working in that shop. A person like Mark would get back two fold from me what he dishes out. Since he is the boss, I dont think I would be employed by him very long. But, I have not seen him treat Derrick that way. I think that is his name? The guy who does all the work. 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

lukedukem

i really liked the episode when they showed the restored 1972 Dodge Top Banana Yellow Charger Rallye
to its original glory and the tears flow when the owners see it. and they showed it from start to finish. the whole show was dedicated to the car.
they need more episodes like that one.

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

66FBCharger

I just got Velocity so I just started watching Graveyard Carz. I DVRed all the episodes. I am through watching the majority of them.
I love the show. I know the banter can be annoying but it is all about MOPARS! It has inspired me to get working on getting my road runner put back together and on the road.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

moparnation74

Quote from: 2592 creston on January 06, 2015, 10:38:42 AM

Really, who talks to their friends in that manner.  Name calling, belittling, and the arrogance.  One of my friends would have already clocked him in the mouth.

First of all its just a show!!!! They have all been friends for years, and if you can't mess with your friends like that...maybe it's time to get new friends.....bottom line is It's a show...just for entertainment, don't like it don't watch it!!!

So you would rather me trade friends with class for people that act classless?  I think not!

As I said earlier, great cars and Resto info but the entertainment is pathetic.  The same goes for your posts, creston!  

66FBCharger

I believe I read it on this site, years ago. When Mark was peddling the pilot to the different TV networks, they said they liked the show but wanted more "drama". I believe that's why they act like idiots. If it was just a show of them working on the cars, no network was interested in picking it up.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

2592 creston

Quote from: moparnation74 on January 06, 2015, 12:12:01 PM

So you would rather me trade friends with class for people that act classless?  I think not!

As I said earlier, great cars and Resto info but the entertainment is pathetic.  The same goes for your posts, creston!  

take it easy sweetness...don't get your panties in a bunch....

moparnation74

Quote from: 2592 creston on January 06, 2015, 12:46:46 PM

Support your show elsewhere!

2592 creston

Quote from: moparnation74 on January 06, 2015, 01:30:59 PM
Quote from: 2592 creston on January 06, 2015, 12:46:46 PM

Support your show elsewhere!

Not sure what you are talking about?  but your buttons are to easy to push,no challenge....Later!!!!

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Stegs on January 05, 2015, 07:34:18 AM
I love the show!

I know the play fighting and arguing can get old, but i love old mopars, i love that he does everything to stock (no 20" spinners on these cars)

I like the fact he is a mopar genius and the show IMO is very informative.

He rattles off codes and build sheet numbers like its no big deal.....I dvr every episode and i can honestly say that i have learned alot about old mopars that i never new before

One thing i dont like, Everytime i watch the show it makes me want to send my charger to him for a full resto!  :yesnod: And thats not in the budget for some time!

Well....that might be going a little too far.    :scratchchin:     :lol:

You know that the show isn't live, right?  I'm sure there's research done on the facts that he blurts out.

I'm with you the cars are great, and you can learn a few things.  I can't watch the show......the characters make my stomach turn.

Quote from: Paul G on January 06, 2015, 10:47:49 AM
Really, who talks to their friends in that manner.  Name calling, belittling, and the arrogance.

That is Marks character. He might have that type of personality in real life? I probably would not have lasted a week working in that shop. A person like Mark would get back two fold from me what he dishes out. Since he is the boss, I dont think I would be employed by him very long. But, I have not seen him treat Derrick that way. I think that is his name? The guy who does all the work

I have never....for one second....thought that any of the guys featured on the show were actually doing the work on the cars.   'Shocked', would be a good description of my emotions if the truth proved otherwise.

The show is still on the air for the same reason this female gets hired......and it's not because they stimilate your brain.