News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gravyard carZ show

Started by keith88, January 03, 2015, 07:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Homerr

Quote from: keith88 on January 16, 2015, 04:33:56 PM
Bull wrote:
Where I work it's very common for guys to mess with each other. I have worked in a lot of different kinds of businesses and the more blue collar the job the thicker your skin has to be. If I took the same habits I've learned at my current job to some office setting I could have everyone crying by noon.

I worked in a body shop and it was the same none of it was ever meant to be little...i think some people here haven't been in that environment and dont understand it.

employee to employee stuff is expected

employer to employee is not cool  (and depending on type of work can be high employee turnover, lawsuit, passive-aggressive behavior, sabotage, slowdown; i.e. it's not good management)

employer to employee at Mark's level is just plain abusive at times, though they have lessened it a bit

putting Mark belittling his guys on TV = asinine

I get that they each have their 'roles' they play, but choosing this low road approach has been not entertaining to watch at times.  It's just more of the spiral downward in the race to the bottom of reality tv.  Modeling this BS on TV as being ok is just like showing that a faked '70 6pack/AC/CC car is ok to sell for $65k (as long as it is on TV).

2592 creston

Quote from: Homerr on January 18, 2015, 09:09:13 AM
Quote from: keith88 on January 16, 2015, 04:33:56 PM
Bull wrote:
Where I work it's very common for guys to mess with each other. I have worked in a lot of different kinds of businesses and the more blue collar the job the thicker your skin has to be. If I took the same habits I've learned at my current job to some office setting I could have everyone crying by noon.

I worked in a body shop and it was the same none of it was ever meant to be little...i think some people here haven't been in that environment and dont understand it.

employee to employee stuff is expected

employer to employee is not cool  (and depending on type of work can be high employee turnover, lawsuit, passive-aggressive behavior, sabotagslowdown; i.e. it's not good management)

employer to employee at Mark's level is just plain abusive at times, though they have lessened it a bit

putting Mark belittling his guys on TV = asinine

I get that they each have their 'roles' they play, but choosing this low road approach has been not entertaining to watch at times.  It's just more of the spiral downward in the race to the bottom of reality tv.  Modeling this BS on TV as being ok is just like showing that a faked '70 6pack/AC/CC car is ok to sell for $65k (as long as it is on TV).

Not sure why some of you guys can't grasp that Mark only talks like that to his friends or relatives. Do you see him talking to Derek or Lucky like that? As far as the spiral down to the bottom of reality T.V. apparently there are a lot of people that would argue that point because their ratings are better than ever!!!

JR

Ratings don't equal quality. Real Housewives, Duck Dynasty, and Big Brother all have fantastic ratings that dwarf GYC. That doesn't change them from being crap reality TV shows.

Its fine he talks to his friends that way. I really don't care and I'm not offended by it. I do however, find it annoyingly dim witted and uncreative. I enjoy watching friends rib each other so long as it's actually funny or entertaining. The Counting Cars guys, Top Gear (Both UK and US), and even the gas monkey guys are actually funny and entertaining (in my opinion).  The filler material in GYC is so bad I just can't stand to watch it.

Watching Mark try to be entertaining for an entire episode is like watching a new, not really talented yet ambitious new stand up comedian bomb at an open mike night. Every episode. Its so bad and akward I almost feel sorry for him.  

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

2592 creston

Quote from: JR on January 18, 2015, 03:47:15 PM
Ratings don't equal quality. Real Housewives, Duck Dynasty, and Big Brother all have fantastic ratings that dwarf GYC. That doesn't change them from being crap reality TV shows.

Its fine he talks to his friends that way. I really don't care and I'm not offended by it. I do however, find it annoyingly dim witted and uncreative. I enjoy watching friends rib each other so long as it's actually funny or entertaining. The Counting Cars guys, Top Gear (Both UK and US), and even the gas monkey guys are actually funny and entertaining (in my opinion).  The filler material in GYC is so bad I just can't stand to watch it.

Watching Mark try to be entertaining for an entire episode is like watching a new, not really talented yet ambitious new stand up comedian bomb at an open mike night. Every episode. Its so bad and akward I almost feel sorry for him.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but ratings do make a difference,you may think its crap but a heck of a lot of people love the show. All reality T.V is scripted and mostly bullshit.(in my opinion) At least GYC is trying to spread Mopar to the masses,not like Counting Cars, which finds a car on every street he drives down or GMG who would take an original Mopar lower it to the ground slap a 350 in it and try to make a few bucks off it! Im sorry you feel its so bad that its hard for you to watch....your gonna miss some great Mopars!!!!

polywideblock

maybe its a difference in cultures, aussies are always having a dig at each other   :yesnod:

but not like on this show  it is just NOT COOL to belittle and humiliate people,   ESPECIALY your friends   :shruggy:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Sublime/Sixpack

I've watched the program a few times. I like the projects they work on, but I find the show more annoying than entertaining. There's just too much low brow nonsense and disrespect for co-workers displayed for my taste.
I realize it's TV and much of it is choreographed but still, just not to my liking so I rarely watch it. :Twocents:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Ghoste

I'm not sure I've seen a single episode yet.  It can't be any worse than the other surreality shows can it?

ramit

I love everything about the show.   I love the fact that my family can actually sit down and watch this show and it isn't a 100% technical  snoozefest.   They have just the right amount of tech info with entertainment built it also. Let's face it...there isn't a very large market for a tv show where a bunch of guys work on a car for the entire show with no other "story" taking place. The guys in the shop are giving each other crap and that's all there is to it and it's fun to watch...for me anyways.  I feel pretty safe saying the guys that Mark is teasing aren't feeling emotionally abused and they probably realize its all part of the show.   I can't even imagine the shit storm and bitching about Mark that will start once the recent news about the show gets around.    :popcrn:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ramit on January 20, 2015, 04:58:24 PM
I love everything about the show.   I love the fact that my family can actually sit down and watch this show and it isn't a 100% technical  snoozefest.   They have just the right amount of tech info with entertainment built it also. Let's face it...there isn't a very large market for a tv show where a bunch of guys work on a car for the entire show with no other "story" taking place. The guys in the shop are giving each other crap and that's all there is to it and it's fun to watch...for me anyways.  I feel pretty safe saying the guys that Mark is teasing aren't feeling emotionally abused and they probably realize its all part of the show.   I can't even imagine the shit storm and bitching about Mark that will start once the recent news about the show gets around.    :popcrn:

What news is that?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparnation74

Quote from: ramit on January 20, 2015, 04:58:24 PM
Care to explain?

polywideblock

fy469rtse

At least now we know what happened to bobby off the Brady bunch
He changed he's name
And opened up a restoration shop, still on t v and a different toe of type cast  :lol:

UH60L

A quick google search found no recent news about the show, good or bad.  Unless the fact they are doing a "General Lee" this season is what the "recent news" is...but that's been in their commercials for months...

About the only thing that could make people complain more about the show would be if they started showing non-mopar restorations...

I think they have the market cornered on mopar-only tv...

polywideblock

that's what I was thinking "other " brands  :scratchchin:  but likewise nothing new out there  :yesnod:

bristol

I think he means when the episodes start to air that were filmed while he was going through everything with that 70 charger and the facebook page.  :shruggy:

ramit

I don't know the exact story but I do know that there will be one less cast member on the show.

Paul G

Is Derrick leaving? He is the only one who does any decent work. The good ones always move on. Or maybe Holly? What happened to her?

The show is slapstick comedy. Just like the "three stooges". The show is what they do on the weekends. I believe they all have regular jobs. Or at least that's how they started out. That may have changed now that they are "TV Stars".   
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Ghoste

Yeah, when it first started was there not someone posting here about how this guy or group of guys were going to try and do this?  They had pitched the idea to a tv specialty channel or something and hoped they would get the support from Mopar people in order to keep it flying?  Not like they were already doing it and someone discovered their shop?

TheAutoArchaeologist

Holly did leave, she mentioned something on her twitter feed.

Paul G

I would bet it will Be Josh.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

HANDM

I'm betting Holly left because her and Mark were.........doing more than research.
Josh is a son in law and as we all know, marriages end, especially when you're young.

Pure speculation, accourse,  but probably closer to the truth than anything........

Hard Charger

there is never a mention of Mark having a wife. is their one?

TUFCAT

Quote from: Hard Charger on January 24, 2015, 05:19:42 PM
there is never a mention of Mark having a wife. is their one?

He has one....or at least he "had" one when the season started.

lukedukem

Anyone else watch tonight's episode? They had the Daytona that was pushed off the cliff. Is there a thread on it somewhere? He decided it was too far gone and didn't want to do it. Said it would be a rebody and they don't do those there.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC