News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Silver paint on 3rd Gen gauges

Started by E5 Charger, January 07, 2015, 06:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E5 Charger

I've read that members have used a silver Sharpie, or model paint, etc. to repaint the ring around the gauges and the vent insert on the dash. I'm just curious how they have been holding up through the years. I think the Sharpie would be the easiest, but wonder how long it will look good. Does it wear off easily or fade in the sun? I don't really want to do this twice.

jaak

On the rallye cluster in the 73 I had, I used a silver paint pen to paint the rings around the gauges, it had a broader tip than a sharpie. On the bezel in my 69, I used a silver sharper on all the lettering. I had the 73 for a couple of years before I sold it, it still looked good after a couple of years. I did the 69 bezel about 3 years ago, looks as good as the day I did it.

Jason

ODZKing

Yes, I used a silver paint pen (Testors I believe it was) and the "color" was chrome.  It wasn't really chrome but it left no brush marks and dried very smooth.
I did all of it so it matched.

E5 Charger

Thanks guys! Good to hear that they last. I'm guessing the paint pen would be easier on the wider lines.