News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is Hammtrack building standing?

Started by 1974dodgecharger, December 30, 2014, 07:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 SE3834V

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 12, 2015, 11:00:28 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 12, 2015, 10:15:24 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 12, 2015, 08:47:06 PM
WOW, very cool.....I wonder if I can drive there and take a quick pic in the same position this was taken.  :icon_smile_big:

If I did I'm sure you can too. LEON.

Im gonna have to get the address here for the summer when I visit.....

What brings you into town?
The train station is located in Corktown which is known for some good restaurants.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

71 SE3834V

Quote from: stripedelete on January 13, 2015, 07:23:40 PM

Chris Craft was up in your neck of the woods building go-fasters for the rum runners in one side of the plant, while building go-fasters for the authorities in the other side.

Lots of great history there.  Thanks for the photos.

Much like Nascar starting with the moonshiners racing each other, I believe boat racing got started with the bootleggers racing each other.  :shruggy: 
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 71 SE3834V on January 13, 2015, 09:44:52 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 12, 2015, 11:00:28 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 12, 2015, 10:15:24 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 12, 2015, 08:47:06 PM
WOW, very cool.....I wonder if I can drive there and take a quick pic in the same position this was taken.  :icon_smile_big:

If I did I'm sure you can too. LEON.

Im gonna have to get the address here for the summer when I visit.....

I used to live in MI the Detroit area, but not that deep where the hammtrack building is...think somerset mall area etc...then I lived in Battle creek im coming back to visit after 5 year haitus from my parents have not had time.  Im doing the MOPOWERED tour als this year for a run then heading up to carisle then to MI then back to AZ in the 68 plan to visit everyone I know along the way.

What brings you into town?
The train station is located in Corktown which is known for some good restaurants.

Ghoste

Quote from: 71 SE3834V on January 13, 2015, 09:53:29 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on January 13, 2015, 07:23:40 PM

Chris Craft was up in your neck of the woods building go-fasters for the rum runners in one side of the plant, while building go-fasters for the authorities in the other side.

Lots of great history there.  Thanks for the photos.

Much like Nascar starting with the moonshiners racing each other, I believe boat racing got started with the bootleggers racing each other.  :shruggy: 

It helped put quite a start into one family's political race as well.  Those krazy Kennedy's.

AKcharger

I was thinking of buying some surplus Armor personal carriers and having "Squalor Tours" to drive through the worst parts of the city in complete safety. I'd even give some gang bangers a couple of cases of Colt 45 to pop a few 9mm rounds at the APC as we drove by...just to make it exciting for the tourists!

odcics2

Quote from: Ghoste on December 31, 2014, 10:30:49 AM
Yeah it gets a bad rap too.  I'm  not implying for a minute that you go down every street in complete safety but it isn't like you need to avoid every one all the time either.  There are some cool places downtown but you need to use your head, just because Fishbones is a good place to eat and safe doesn't mean you should park your car in a nearby alley because you want to save a couple bucks.  You could go to the old Hamtramck site and see it in the daytime, just don't pitch a tent and expect to camp overnight on the property.

7 a.m. on a Sunday morning is  a perfect time.  :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

charger chris

So sad I seen all those building come down when I was a kid. I think there is one or two old building still standing on 8 mile. The packer plate is trashed and falling apart.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

hemi-hampton

I live on 8 mile rd. only little buildings on 8 mile rd & none that old. LEON.

P.S. Coincedently was just in front of the old Hamtramck plant Yesterday.

Gazza.fox440

Quote from: fy469rtse on January 12, 2015, 07:43:49 PM
great photo's thanks for sharing,
i too loved seeing where my cars were born  :2thumbs:
Love this post.. Every bit of it. Find it a bit difficult to comprehend not being able to go out and check out the sites to get some pics ??? I hate it when people I dont know ask me for a cigarette in the city here (need to take an extra pack) and thats as bad as I have encountered.. Far out 
2 down 1 to go... 70 Challenger please babe for Xmas

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

hemi-hampton

Quote from: charger chris on August 03, 2016, 05:05:21 PM
Hey hemi your in box is full.

That's why it's best to e-mail me. I just deleted a couple of messages. LEON.

charger chris

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 03, 2016, 06:17:27 PM
Quote from: charger chris on August 03, 2016, 05:05:21 PM
Hey hemi your in box is full.

That's why it's best to e-mail me. I just deleted a couple of messages. LEON.
. Ok cool. :2thumbs:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone