News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you actually use your Charger for?

Started by JR, December 29, 2014, 11:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: twodko on December 30, 2014, 12:16:08 PM
I delight in revving it's 440 next to the ultralib green weenies
in their Prious's

Prius + Pious = Prious

I see what you did there, very clever :)

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

68blue

Just like driving in the good weather and going to some local shows. Car sounds great with the cam lope and Magnaflow exhaust rumble when you at a stop light.

Stegs

Quote from: white on January 03, 2015, 05:49:36 PM
Stress reliever, cheaper than a therapist  :icon_smile_big:

exactly, hope in and worries/stress seem to be gone for the time

I drive mine on the weekends only during the nice warm months....

its sitting in my barn now under a cover b/c its a balmy 8 degrees outside now  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Dreamcar

I currently use my Charger for helping me think of the future.

Currently, my car is completely dismantled and under a tarp in my garage. The temperature with wind chill is -11F (-24C) right now, so my desire to work on it (even in my insulated garage) is not really high at the moment. However the time off from working on it helps me save cash for all the sheet metal I'll need to buy this year. 2015 will be expensive.

However, every time I open the garage I look at it and often daydream of the day I'll be able to put the key in, start it and hear that rumble, and go driving with the windows down on a nice sunny warm day. Having already rebuilt another classic car and experience those wonderful sunny day drives, I absolutely love the feeling of just forgetting everything and enjoying the drive in something other than a modern car (like a previous poster said...it's cheaper than therapy, and I couldn't agree more).

I already know that once my car gets sorted out in a few years, one of my first longer trips with the Charger will be to 70SUBLIME's place about 4 hours away (It's a nice drive there and a beautiful area in the country). He sold me the car as some of you know (see my profile pic), so I really want to drive the car back to where I got it from. Sounds cheesy, but I'm so looking forward to it already.

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

70 sublime

Quote from: Dreamcar on January 05, 2015, 12:27:22 PM
I currently use my Charger for helping me think of the future.

Currently, my car is completely dismantled and under a tarp in my garage. The temperature with wind chill is -11F (-24C) right now, so my desire to work on it (even in my insulated garage) is not really high at the moment. However the time off from working on it helps me save cash for all the sheet metal I'll need to buy this year. 2015 will be expensive.

However, every time I open the garage I look at it and often daydream of the day I'll be able to put the key in, start it and hear that rumble, and go driving with the windows down on a nice sunny warm day. Having already rebuilt another classic car and experience those wonderful sunny day drives, I absolutely love the feeling of just forgetting everything and enjoying the drive in something other than a modern car (like a previous poster said...it's cheaper than therapy, and I couldn't agree more).

I already know that once my car gets sorted out in a few years, one of my first longer trips with the Charger will be to 70SUBLIME's place about 4 hours away (It's a nice drive there and a beautiful area in the country). He sold me the car as some of you know (see my profile pic), so I really want to drive the car back to where I got it from. Sounds cheesy, but I'm so looking forward to it already.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Hopefully they look better than the last time they sat together and we can both go for a spin
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Dreamcar

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Bob T

Another 120 miles today coming right up , washed, polished and going on a shed run  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

rick

Weekend cruiser get trying to be young again. Owned them sense I was 16 now 47 still love those mopars owned 22 in my day love the thumbs up. Chicks dig it :drool5:

The70RT

When I first got mine like over 35 years ago I mainly used it to out run the cops  :rofl: Actually I got it as my driver in high school and only drove it for like 3-4 years. I didn't get a lot of tickets but ended up parking it after getting married when the mother inlaw always called the wife when a blue and white car was being chased  :rotz: I rebuilt the motor in about 82, I only drove it like 2K since then and it was mostly always drivable. The last time it went any distance was 1994, I went to the Superbowl of Rock & Roll concert at Arrowhead stadium featuring Pink Floyd. I have always had classics to drive so I have let it sit. So what do I use it for? I feel like I haven't really used it yet all since it's been so long, It is being restored now and I can't wait just to drive it again!!!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dmichels

stress
NOTHING beats a nice drive in an old car. You feel the road, the power and hear the noise. It is an experience that is hard to explain.
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

HOTROD

A catch all have not worked on it in 2 years!  :brickwall: :shruggy:
What the Hell-Dumass !

69wannabe

Quote from: Dmichels on January 05, 2015, 08:13:23 PM
stress
NOTHING beats a nice drive in an old car. You feel the road, the power and hear the noise. It is an experience that is hard to explain.
Dave

Amen brother!!!!!! :yesnod:

Bob T

Quote from: HOTROD on January 06, 2015, 02:06:50 AM
A catch all have not worked on it in 2 years!  :brickwall: :shruggy:

Get on it then, what's the holdup  :shruggy:

:cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

ACUDANUT

qwick68

Honestly I just look at it and drive it sparingly.....1-2 shows a year, maybe take it to work once a year other than that I just look at it in the garage.....after owning it since 1995 and a 50k concours restoration I don't really wanna drive it......
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

myk

Quote from: qwick68 on January 08, 2015, 08:12:33 PM
..after owning it since 1995 and a 50k concours restoration I don't really wanna drive it......

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.  It's like saying you're married to a Playboy playmate but you don't want to make love to her because it might mess up her hair.  

You have my deepest sympathies.

Brass

Quote from: myk on January 08, 2015, 09:36:45 PM
..after owning it since 1995 and a 50k concours restoration I don't really wanna drive it......

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.  It's like saying you're married to a Playboy playmate but you don't want to make love to her because it might mess up her hair.  You have my deepest sympathies.

Freedom!  : )

F8-4life

I will propose that the 68-70 charger is the best car for looking at while drinking or getting high.

UH60L

I used mine as a daily driver, grocery getter, cruise in/car show car from the day I bought it until it went into the body shop.  I would make up excuses to drive it.  "Hey honey, I need a slurpee, I'm taking the charger to 7/11!"... "the kids want burger king, be back later"...

Now I use it to collect dust in my garage and attract money from my wallet, when there IS money in my wallet...

Things are finally looking up money wise for us, so hoping to start putting some serious effort into getting it drivable again this year.

stripedelete

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.  It's like saying you're married to a Playboy playmate but you don't want to make love to her because it might mess up her hair.  

Wow, truer words have never been spoken.

ACUDANUT

His car. It's also like having money in the bank.  Nice to look at.

myk

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 09, 2015, 01:47:51 PM
His car. It's also like having money in the bank.  Nice to look at.

The man's post clearly indicates that he desires to enjoy his car but he won't on the count of how much money is involved in the car.  We all have choices to make, but...

LIFE IS TOO SHORT.  Money is nothing compared to the few joys you can experience during the blink of an eye that is your life on this planet.  

Drive your car, make love to your Playboy wife, die with no regrets and a smile on your face...

bill440rt

You have my deepest sympathies.

I disagree.
I don't think another member should be ridiculed on how they enjoy THEIR car.  :rotz:
The OP asked what you use your Charger for, qwick68 gave his answer.
If someone plunked down a sh*tload of money restoring their dream car (that has sentimental value to boot), they can do whatever they want with it. Maybe just looking at the damn thing is what they really enjoy. So what?
I'd much prefer that than the guy that stares out his back window watching it rot & sink back into the earth.

Looks like you've got a nice car there, qwick68.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

b5blue

I'm with ya on that Bill!  :2thumbs: My car was a mess.....it will never be real nice but it's getting better. I count myself lucky to have a car that suits me for what I want to do. (Drive it.) I fully get why after ALL the work to really restore car you may just enjoy owning it!  :coolgleamA: