News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you actually use your Charger for?

Started by JR, December 29, 2014, 11:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

I use it for holding my overpriced-never-did-get-what-I-ordered-after-they-sent-me-three-different-ones-piece-of-shit-California-car-cover off the concrete floor of my garage.

I also use it to suck the last few hopes and dreams from the darkest inner reaches of my withering soul...

And to keep any chances of actually having any excess cash to a bare minimum.

1973rallye

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 30, 2014, 05:25:54 PM
I use it for holding my overpriced-never-did-get-what-I-ordered-after-they-sent-me-three-different-ones-piece-of-shit-California-car-cover off the concrete floor of my garage.

I also use it to suck the last few hopes and dreams from the darkest inner reaches of my withering soul...

And to keep any chances of actually having any excess cash to a bare minimum.

I love it!  :smilielol:
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

Ghoste

All of it, anything I can do with the car then I'm usually thrilled to do it.  If I was forced to pick one thing, just driving it.

hawkeye

Time travel.  It can instantly take me back 40 years when I was smarter, taller, thinner, stronger, better looking and had more hair.   :lol:

RallyeMike

The 69 and 73 are grocery-getters, hardware store trippers, and general sunny day general transportation.

The 72.... well ....its just sitting there holding down the concrete floor 5 years and counting since it's last road race, though I did drive it around the block a couple of months ago.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Paul G

Quote from: JR on December 29, 2014, 11:37:27 PM
What's your "thing"? Car shows? The build itself? The constant wrenching? The restoration process? Crusing? Racing?

All of that. A weekly Friday night cruise night, occasional car show, drags, autocross, trips out of town with the club. But mostly, spending money, it is a constant drain on finances. Better tires, better seats, better suspension, better trans, better sound system, bigger engine.............  It never ends!

It is the car I wanted when I was 20, but back then I could only afford the wife and kids.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

el dub

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 30, 2014, 04:34:44 AM
What do I use mine for?
Burnouts.
Drifting.
Annoying people in slow, ugly economy cars.
Hanging corners.
Feeding the economy via parts and gasoline taxes.
Impressing chicks that can appreciate fine Detroit iron.
Scaring the wife.
Impressing the wife.
Impressing myself.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

el dub

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 30, 2014, 04:34:44 AM
What do I use mine for?
Burnouts.
Drifting.
Annoying people in slow, ugly economy cars.
Hanging corners.
Feeding the economy via parts and gasoline taxes.
Impressing chicks that can appreciate fine Detroit iron.
Scaring the wife.
Impressing the wife.
Impressing myself.

Go Kern Dog, you know what those chargers are for. :cheers:
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

MxRacer855

Quote from: moparnation74 on December 29, 2014, 11:59:18 PM
Sometimes,  I just sit in my garage and gaze at my mopars, drinking a beer or two and watching TV.  I restored 90%+ of my rides myself.  My muscle car free time consists of cruising and shows.

The tick, well I was born and raised into Mother Mopar! I bleed Mopar and Piss Chevy!

:rofl: Guilty of the lawn chair setup myself!

XH29N0G

This year, I like driving it around.  It was out of commission for so long (1987-2013) that it is just nice to have it running and driving again.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

67Charger440

My '67...  Silver State Classic

My '68...  Holding the trailer down and emptying my wallet.

squeakfinder

I use it to occupy space in my shop. That way, I don't drag anymore stupid money draining projects in to work on during the winter. Occasionally when the weather permits I drive it to the hardware store when I work on smaller projects that can share space with the Charger.

I plan on putting a carport on the shop.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Kern Dog

Its sorta funny....
I "restored" mine in 2000 to 2003. I use the term "restore" sorta loosely since the car was built as a F8 Green 318 car with a white vinyl top. I wish there were a word that sounds right and feels correct to describe the situation where a neglected car is fixed up to look new, yet has many changes that make it faster, handle better and more comfortable than before. Restify doesn't work for me.
I thought that once I had finished the car, I'd be bored with it. I really enjoy the build of a car. Hunting for parts, haggling at swap meets, ordering parts from resto stores is fun to me. I had this impression that once the car was done, while I'd enjoy driving it, I thought I'd still miss the build process.
Lucky for me I made a few mistakes in the build that keep me in a constant state of correction... :lol:
I built an engine with TOO much compression and spent lots of time and money trying to make it work. I seem to have a handle on it now, but it was a lesson that I learned through experience rather than by example.
I learned that a big cam may sound cool and make great top end power but it isn't much fun for cruising. High stall converters suck with a Gear Vendors overdrive. Gear Vendors are great but can have driveline vibration problems. A 2 1/2" exhaust is too small for a 493 that revs to 6000 rpms. Sound deadening is a MUST if you like to cruise your car OR want to hear your stereo.

jww426

Running from State Troopers with a load of shine.
JWW
JWWIV

Kern Dog

NHCharger

Personal time machine. When I turn the key and take off I'm 30 years younger... No wife, no kids, no worries, a full head of hair, oh yeah and no money  :lol:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

bill440rt

Great question, and great topic!  :2thumbs:

Over the years my answer to that question might have changed at any given time. These cars have played a huge role in my life. Little did I know back then how much of an impact they would really have as I got older.

Looking back, these cars did the unexpected: MAKE MEMORIES.
Memories with my dad & mom, memories with friends, my wife, my children.
They somehow taught valuable lessons, such as perseverance, appreciation, and the ability to believe in yourself.

Lifelong memories, from "just a car".  
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Fred

EUPHORIA
The instant I switch on the ignition.......it washes over me.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

don duick

squeakfinder

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 30, 2014, 08:54:16 PM
Its sorta funny....
I "restored" mine in 2000 to 2003. I use the term "restore" sorta loosely since the car was built as a F8 Green 318 car with a white vinyl top. I wish there were a word that sounds right and feels correct to describe the situation where a neglected car is fixed up to look new, yet has many changes that make it faster, handle better and more comfortable than before. Restify doesn't work for me.
I thought that once I had finished the car, I'd be bored with it. I really enjoy the build of a car. Hunting for parts, haggling at swap meets, ordering parts from resto stores is fun to me. I had this impression that once the car was done, while I'd enjoy driving it, I thought I'd still miss the build process.
Lucky for me I made a few mistakes in the build that keep me in a constant state of correction... :lol:
I built an engine with TOO much compression and spent lots of time and money trying to make it work. I seem to have a handle on it now, but it was a lesson that I learned through experience rather than by example.
I learned that a big cam may sound cool and make great top end power but it isn't much fun for cruising. High stall converters suck with a Gear Vendors overdrive. Gear Vendors are great but can have driveline vibration problems. A 2 1/2" exhaust is too small for a 493 that revs to 6000 rpms. Sound deadening is a MUST if you like to cruise your car OR want to hear your stereo.

Evan the word "Modified" might be to extreme.   :scratchchin:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

TUFCAT

Quote from: bill440rt on December 30, 2014, 11:29:46 PM

Looking back, these cars did the unexpected: MAKE MEMORIES.

Memories with my dad & mom, memories with friends, my wife, my children.

They somehow taught valuable lessons, such as perseverance, appreciation, and the ability to believe in yourself.

:iagree:   Bill's right......that's why we do this.   :2thumbs:

Bob T

Quote from: hawkeye on December 30, 2014, 06:15:53 PM
Time travel.  It can instantly take me back 40 years when I was smarter, taller, thinner, stronger, better looking and had more hair.   :lol:

:smilielol: Nice one.

Mines a cruiser not a bruiser, makes 420 at the crank and I've put on 9500 miles since May 2012
Happy with that.  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

triple_green

It's allowed me to meet and talk to people, who otherwise would never have talked to me.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

white

Stress reliever, cheaper than a therapist  :icon_smile_big: