News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gauges on my 68

Started by John G, March 26, 2006, 12:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John G

I have had some problems last summer with my voltage regulator. Botton line is that I got that corrected but now my fuel and oil gauge appear to be working only half way. My temp gauge doesn't work at all. Do I need to change the voltage limiter that's on the back of the dash or could it be something else.

Thanks for any help.  John G

squeakfinder

I'm just chiming in to have an email link to this thread. I'm having a similar problem. Fuel gauge works but I'm not sure how accurate. Oil pressure gauge works some of the time but only shows about half the oil pressure my aftermarket mech. gauge shows. I do have a brass T fitting under the stock electric oil pressure sending unit and there is NO plumbers tape involved witch would insulate the ground. I'm getting current to the water temp sending unit but the gauge doesn't work. I tried a used voltage limiter from an A body but it doesn't make a difference.

Thanks Larry.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Plumcrazy

I would start with a new voltage limiter.  Then you can make some test wire to check the gauge calibration.
Here's how to make them.http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=2803&highlight=calibrate+gauges

There are also other links in that thread that should help you out.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.