News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For Sale 1969 Daytona 49,871 org miles all org sheet metal exc. condition

Started by customshop1, December 29, 2014, 10:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customshop1

sorry guys  this is all im doing to it.  I got it running  and driving and looking as good as I can with th parts and time I was allowed. I think it came
along way in only 8 days of work.  it runs great and looks pretty dam good for a  car that was sitting in a barn for 13 years, was repainted 20 plus years ago
and has no Int. in it when I got it.

customshop1

Well I talked with the owner of the Daytona.
the car is running and driving now  45 lbs oil pressure, radio works, trunk light works, heater and defroster work, Ect.
Hes has dropped his price to $130,000 since the motor is only date coded correct and was not born to the car.
If he does not get this or close it will be put away until next spring.  After the BJ and Mecum auction there are a couple
Daytons selling  there that  will effect the price of this car.  I think these cars will bring up the value of this car.
If you would like to make an offer  LMK  other wise Fred Leaves on Tuesday  for Florida and the car goes back into storage.

Mytur Binsdirti

If there is a legit 6 figure offer on the table, I think that it should be seriously considered. As I stated previously, I bought mine for 100 large and the condition was probably slightly better than the green one, but it was numbers matching.

customshop1

pettybird

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: customshop1 on January 09, 2015, 09:31:11 PM
I think it came along way in only 8 days of work.  it runs great and looks pretty dam good for a  car that was sitting in a barn for 13 years, was repainted 20 plus years ago
and has no Int. in it when I got it.

Very true!  That is a lot of hustle, and including and providing a bunch of "feedback" from this site!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

A383Wing

Quote from: customshop1 on January 10, 2015, 12:56:10 PM
  After the BJ and Mecum auction there are a couple Daytona's selling  there that  will effect the price of this car.  I think these cars will bring up the value of this car.

doubt it, you are comparing apples to oranges here...

6bblgt

Quote from: A383Wing on January 10, 2015, 07:15:38 PM
  After the BJ and Mecum auction there are a couple Daytona's selling  there that  will effect the price of this car.  I think these cars will bring up the value of this car.

A 1 of 1 "Omaha orange" numbers 440 4-spd Daytona w/a 6-figure Gibson restoration
&
A numbers 426 HEMI 4-spd Daytona w/a 6-figure Gibson restoration

don't you see the connection  :brickwall:

held1823

how do you guys NOT see the connection with the auction prices on the wellborn cars?

as doug stated, a rising tide usually floats all boats.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

customshop1

I feel the same way  if these cars  bring big money all car at all  quality will go up in Value.  Ive been building cars for 26 years and have seen it many many times.
but I guess we will see  soon.

Davtona

Quote from: held1823 on January 11, 2015, 12:47:42 AM
how do you guys NOT see the connection with the auction prices on the wellborn cars?

Exactly! May be apples to oranges but the price of fruit in general will go up. Its not like there is an over supply of these cars.

A383Wing

the green car may go up, but not at the price he's thinking of after the other 2 "done" cars go through the block

comparing the green one to the other 2 is like night & day....everyone waits for BJ or Mecum cars to sell then they think theirs is worth those prices....

betting the green one goes back in storage for more years to come

TUFCAT

Quote from: held1823 on January 11, 2015, 12:47:42 AM

Quote from: A383Wing on January 11, 2015, 11:48:16 AM
the green car may go up, but not at the price he's thinking of after the other 2 "done" cars go through the block

comparing the green one to the other 2 is like night & day....everyone waits for BJ or Mecum cars to sell then they think theirs is worth those prices....

betting the green one goes back in storage for more years to come

:iagree:  I agree that good strong sales could help create pricing boosts across all lines and wing cars in particular. But probably not a boost this owner's looking for imo.   The price for exceptional high level cars will go up....and of course all other Daytona's will follow suit.  Very doubtful there's going to be a 30-35% overnight boost by waiting...

I think the first real "overnight" boost could come with 1971 HEMI Chargers....previously undervalued IMHO.. .  :scratchchin:

held1823

interesting math, given that only a "six figure" offer is your starting point. you assume it was 100k. what if it was 115 or 120? if so, his game plan isn't so far fetched after all.

it's the dead of winter; spring time is selling time. bear in mind it doesn't appear the car has been marketed anywhere other than here. not every potential buyer knows of this forum. someone will want it bad enough to pony up the georges.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

customshop1

Thnx I'm glad someone sees it our way. 
I  have not even found another F6 Green with white int.  for sale anywhere.   they might be  but I have not found one.
The Owner is Holding out for $130,000 we got another offer bumping the 6 ix figures higher.  we are getting close. I have  2 more people going to call tomorrow and make there final offers.
I would really like to see it make   sale and move it on to an owner that can enjoy it and give it a good home.

TUFCAT

Quote from: customshop1 on January 11, 2015, 12:14:35 PM
Thnx I'm glad someone sees it our way.  
I  have not even found another F6 Green with white int.  for sale anywhere.   they might be  but I have not found one.
The Owner is Holding out for $130,000 we got another offer bumping the 6 ix figures higher.  we are getting close. I have  2 more people going to call tomorrow and make there final offers.
I would really like to see it make   sale and move it on to an owner that can enjoy it and give it a good home.

Always a jokster... :silly:  I found this article to be a very interesting read!  Good luck with the sale. :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5140713_read-crystal-ball-accurately.html

Redbird

As I have said before, I want this car to sell for a bunch.

I bought my last winged car over 26 years ago, still have that plus one I bought a decade before that. So I am not a buyer for anything for sale today. Besides my cars, I want my parts to be worth more.

From the description I have seen on this thread, good marketing by the way, this is how I see the car presented:

Real Daytona, less than 50,000 miles.
#3 car, fluff and buff done on it recently.
Some rust repairs 15 years ago.
Re-paint 15 years ago, condition appropriate with that.
Original Sheet Metal.
Non-matching motor.
No Broadcast sheet.
Has fender tag.
Missing front jack.
440 Auto car.
Uncommon color combination.

I think it is a good time to market it!

Mopar John

IMO If the Welborn HEMI Daytona brings big money at auction the one thing that WILL
go up in price for sure is every conceivable part that would go on that car!
  So if your restoring one and need parts be prepared for a price hike!
It may bring some rare parts to market to see if some big money could be made?
MJ

Moparpoolman

customshop1

not advertised anywhere else  other then word of mouth and on here.

F6Bee

I think Custom is doing a fine job bringing a cool car to market.  Found the right spot to learn about the aero cars.

Answering all questions and posting some good pics with a good attitude, have seen plenty worse.   I have enjoyed this post.

Rick. :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: customshop1 on January 11, 2015, 09:34:30 PM
not advertised anywhere else  other then word of mouth and on here.
Not everyone knows about DC.com.  Wouldn't someone advertise a car if they really wanted to sell it?? Carsonline.com, ebay, hemmings.   This sounds more like a WIW thread :Twocents:

ACUDANUT

customshop1

Well Good News  to all  The Daytona is SOLD!!!!  going to a New Home.   I will ask the new owner if hes wants us to expose who he is and how much they gave.
Ill post more  when I know.  but YES  it did sell today!!! :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: