News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For Sale 1969 Daytona 49,871 org miles all org sheet metal exc. condition

Started by customshop1, December 29, 2014, 10:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customshop1

the owner  just found the full detail work up  from Galen.  after looking at the papers  he says  Trans is Org to the car.
Motor has been restamped,  other wise all the other parts on the car are org to the car. he has about 25 or 30 pages of
pictures and comments on the car.
Again  I am just stating what He has written up on the car and YES  he did come to the owners House and look the
car over and do a full Inspection on the car.
Hope this helps Clear up some ? about the car. 
if you are a serious Buyer I will be happy to show you the papers  from him.

Aero426

Quote from: charger Downunder on January 07, 2015, 04:54:41 PM
You wouldn't think a 49,000 miles car would have so many things that have been changed. Must of had a hard life at one stage. If priced right it will sell.

Just to be clear, the photo below is an example of a Daytona that had a HARD LIFE.   It's all relative.   

After 45 years, some things get changed around.       The engine restamp and odd trans stamp is a bit of a disappointment given the initial claims, but these cars rarely lived in a vacuum.    I do agree on the "priced right" comment.    150 or anything close to it is not likely to happen.   Cleaned up and running well, I still think it is a low six figure car.   

69_500

Where is the shop located? I am just south of Indianapolis. Always up for checking out a Daytona. Could only come on weekend though.

customshop1

we are in il  South of Chicago about 2 hrs.   near Bloomington.
message me if you want  more info.

hemi-hampton

Why restamp a non HP motor, Wouldn't that be the biggest red flag & mistake :shruggy: :slap: 

hemi-hampton

"the owner has told me this morning he is starting at $150,000 which I feel is a fair price as the condition of the car and the fact that it has all  org. sheet
metal, org floor pans,  numbers matching motor and  trans."

Will the price be adjusted to reflect the Non Matching Motor?

customshop1

yes we are working on getting it running now, installing a bunch of the org parts the owner had for it.
org intake, valve covers, carb, coil, plug wires, alt, fuel line, and new spark plugs.
Compression test showed good compression  in 6  and a little low in the number 5 and
6 cly.   just down a little so I thin once running should seat and be fine.  primed the oil pump
seems to have oil pressure.so we hope to fire it up tomorrow.
we rebuilt the correct carb for it also.
I told the owner to come up with his new price asap.
we are taking offers.  have  a 6 figure offer already but hoping
for a better price once we are all done with it.

TUFCAT

Quote from: customshop1 on January 07, 2015, 07:46:56 PM
yes we are working on getting it running now, installing a bunch of the org parts the owner had for it.
org intake, valve covers, carb, coil, plug wires, alt, fuel line, and new spark plugs.
Compression test showed good compression  in 6  and a little low in the number 5 and
6 cly.   just down a little so I thin once running should seat and be fine.  primed the oil pump
we are taking offers.  have  a 6 figure offer already but hoping

A six figure offer right now after the minimal work you described.... and the owner still doesn't want to take it?  :-\

customshop1

It the owners call not mine.  I am just giving out the info.
I have 3 prospects coming to look at it this weekend.
that all know about this forum and have read and know all of the info on the car.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 07, 2015, 07:51:30 PM
Compression test showed good compression  in 6  and a little low in the number 5 and
6 cly.   just down a little so I thin once running should seat and be fine.  primed the oil pump
we are taking offers.  have  a 6 figure offer already but hoping

A six figure offer right now after the minimal work you described.... and the owner still doesn't want to take it?  :-\

You can't take the first offer, If it's going to best offer you gotta wait for the best offer.  :scratchchin: LEON.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: customshop1 on January 07, 2015, 06:23:40 PM
we are in il  South of Chicago about 2 hrs.   near Bloomington.
message me if you want  more info.

Is it true that the south side of Chicago is the baddest part of town?

TUFCAT

The color combo is absolutely great, so it might fetch a premium for that.

customshop1

I dont know as I am 2 hrs South of Chicago.  I'm  not In Chicago.

TUFCAT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 06, 2015, 08:14:19 PM

HP means nothing.  (except in these rare numbers matching scenarios)   All it means, that it has HP exhaust, a four barrel  carb and a Windage tray in the oil pan.  Nothing special.  Do your research.

Not exactly true...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,115495.0.html

Redbird

I still think it is a nice looking car.

I would rate it kind of average. Certainly not a "Cream Puff" and also not the "Debris Field Car".

I would observe it suffers in 3 areas, driven daily at one point in the Midwest, poor storage, and a very misleading online introduction.

The first caused the body panel rust (FWIW if the quarters have that kind of rust likely the headlight buckets have issues too), the second rears it's head as bottom side rust-plus general falling apart of the car- the interior as an example. At least it was not under a blue tarp in a field.

The online description seems to be about as bad as I have seen. We have gone from a #'s car, to one where someone knew from months ago that "Gurus" had said the motor didn't match. Both jacks really not there, is the least challenge. Neither fish or fowl car. Lots of reproduction parts it appears. After the description has fallen apart, should anyone believe it has the "highest quality" workmanship or parts? The sales price will probably reflect that. I wouldn't hold it against anyone to sell the broadcast sheet given the description.

Very nice color combination. The White interior is great!

customshop1

You can say what you want in MY opinion its a Creme Puff!
If you are  a serious buyer  come look at it. the headlights are not rusted out at all.
not sure why you would think that. any way.
the org. post is
1969 Daytona  49,871  org miles. all org sheet metal  Exc. Condition
I still state the SAME  thing......
    sorry if some of you dont see it he way I do.
    I build and work on Rusty  old beat up  Junk cars all day long  and  rebuild and customize and paint them
and make them better then new.  so to me this is an Accurate Statement.

moparnation74

As potential buyers we do not have to see it the same way you do.  In relation to "come and see it" the pictures has explained enough at that price point.

For the seller, I do not have any issues with him trying to get the most cash for that car.   At some point the car will sell but how long will he hold out for that price point?

What is odd to me is why wouldn't you wait until you have all documentation, pictures, interior, engine running etc. before even putting feelers out?  With big ticket items it does not take much to steer serious buyers away. 

hemi-hampton

I like it, & compared to some of the Michigan rust bucket junkers I have seen & worked on it looks pretty nice & solid to me.  :scratchchin: LEON.

6bblgt

Compression test showed good compression  in 6  and a little low in the number 5 and
6 cly.   just down a little so I thin once running should seat and be fine.  primed the oil pump
we are taking offers.  have  a 6 figure offer already but hoping

might I suggest you post pictures of said parts & numbers before spending time replacing wrong parts with wrong parts  :scratchchin:

hemi68charger

It's a very nice car with a very desirable color combination. Based on the pictures and detailed research offered up on this thread, the originality of the block is questionable. I would have to say it isn't. Now, if someone comes along the way that thinks it is, then that's the way the ball bounces. The proof to the pudding would be it selling at 150K. When it gets to dollars that high, most people are going to be informed buyers ( or at least they should be ). The early days of high-dollared pedigrees has faded. Is it gone? Not 100% Maybe the guy who's selling the R4 '69 Charger R/T 4speed right now on ebaymotors will get the $75,000 he's looking to get...... Ahhh, no.... He probably won't. Nice car, but not $75,000-nice.

If this Daytona sells at $150,000, it'll set a new benchmark for a car in its condition........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

gtx6970

IMO and based on information provided. It will sell comfortably in the $100-110K range ,,,, you might $120k to someone who has to have this color combo .

The project to done car price ratio is out the window on Daytonas . Anything under $100 K is to low

At the $75K mentioned earlier, it would be gone in 24 hours,,,, or less

held1823

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 08, 2015, 07:43:26 AM
Based on the pictures and detailed research offered up on this thread, the originality of the block is questionable. I would have to say it isn't.

troy, no fair taking the quiz after the answer key was already posted.

Quote from: customshop1 on January 07, 2015, 05:27:37 PM
the owner  just found the full detail work up  from Galen.  after looking at the papers  he says  Trans is Org to the car. Motor has been restamped, 
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Aero426

Quote from: gtx6970 on January 08, 2015, 08:12:47 AM
IMO and based on information provided. It will sell comfortably in the $100-110K range ,,,, you might $120k to someone who has to have this color combo .

The project to done car price ratio is out the window on Daytonas . Anything under $100 K is to low

At the $75K mentioned earlier, it would be gone in 24 hours,,,, or less

:iagree:

As I have said before, actual sale pricing on Daytonas that could use some improvement are inflated compared to the restored value.    You can't simply take the restored value, subtract your potential costs and arrive at the selling price.   It doesn't work that way. 

Aero426

The early days of high-dollared pedigrees has faded. Is it gone? Not 100%

I think that for the better grade cars, the strong money is back.     This will be reinforced in the next couple of weeks when a variety of important cars hit the auctions in AZ and FL. 

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on January 08, 2015, 09:53:29 AM
The early days of high-dollared pedigrees has faded. Is it gone? Not 100%

I think that for the better grade cars, the strong money is back.     This will be reinforced in the next couple of weeks when a variety of important cars hit the auctions in AZ and FL. 

that's the "Not" I'm talking about.. When the big Wellborn and Pratt auctions happen, there will be a LOT of higher-end pedigreed cars in a realtively short amount of time out on the market, sort of a flood of "higher-end" cars. It'll be interesting what that'll do for the tiers below them.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection