News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why spend 12K on a stroker

Started by ACUDANUT, December 28, 2014, 12:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

I agree with cooter on this subject 99%. The title of this post is "why spend 12K on a stroker" Well in short the answer is a 12K stroker will eat a 12K hemi and spit out it's remain's!!! That is really the answer here. 12K is one badass wedge that I would hate to pull up beside at a stop light with my charger!! On the cheap "yes money" I built my 493 stroker for less than 7K and I was able to do it over a 10 to 12 month period that kept my head above water while I was building it and buying up parts and paying for machine work. And if I need to do any work to the engine or if I decide to make any changes I can actually do so without emptying my bank account. Parts for the hemi are three times more expensive than parts for the wedge. If I was dead set on having a hemi in my charger it would most likely still be sitting waiting for it. If you have the cash for the hemi that's great and i'm happy that there are the one's that can fulfill their dream of having the legenday hemi in their car but for most of us it will just be a dream that doesn't never come true. I ran a 383 for years and I was very excited just to swap a 440 into my old car. It was something that wasn't out of reach like a hemi. The thing about many (not all) hemi owners is that just like the guy at the tire store I ran up on was basically looking down his nose at my charger because it had a wedge in it and not a hemi like his road runner. When I offered to take him for a quick run up the road and back he changed is attitude and was much more interested in what I was running under the hood. After I backed it out of the stall and was letting it idle before I drove off I could see him checking out how it sounded. I would have loved to have heard what he had to say if he would've took a ride. I bet he would be avoiding me like I had a bad disease if he saw me on the road with his hemi!!! Not everybody is this way though so i'm not pointing any fingers. Basically if you have a 12K hemi all you have is the name and the wow factor when the hood is up but don't expect to be in front of everything on the road....