News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

True cost of a Holley Carb

Started by JB400, January 04, 2015, 12:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

In doing a cost comparison between a Holley carb, a fuel injection setup, and of the new Silverback carbs, it's come to question as to what the real cost of a tuned Holley is.  This would also apply to other Holley based carbs as well, like Proform, Willy's, Demon, etc.  By the time you buy the carb, a selection of jets, cams, power valves, any upgrade parts like metering plates and floats, plus the time you spend adjusting this carb for your particular engine, what dollar amount do you come up with?

ACUDANUT

My new Holley didn't need anything else done to it. Bolt up on and fire it up.  Summit has good priced ones !

1974dodgecharger

price of carb + jets kit the whole kit 50 bucks + nozzle kit yes whole kit 50 bucks + NOT understanind a HOLLEY carb = FAILURE WHICH =  GET EFI OR EDELBROCK and throws those away after a year use or so.

price of carb + jets kit the whole kit 50 bucks + nozzle kit yes whole kit 50 bucks + understanind a HOLLEY carb even a little = under 1k or so depending on price of carb.

Ghoste

I didn't buy my Holley (or Carter) tuning supplies in one shot, I sort of acquired them over time so I don't know the dollar amount but I know it wasn't much.  An assortment of power valves was likely the largest parts expense.

c00nhunterjoe

A master jet kit is 50 bucks, an assortment of squirters will run about the same. Accel pump cam kit is 15 bucks. The rest is just time. I see no need to buy metering blocks and floats. Just order the carb that fits your bill. Tuning them is not hard.

69wannabe

I paid $450 for my 850 DP. It was on sale, the only thing I have done to mine is jet up the primaries 2 jet sizes and that's all. They are usually very close out of the box....