News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Apples to apples or no?

Started by marshallfry01, December 21, 2014, 06:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshallfry01

Hey gang.

I found a 69 coronet super bee close to my home that I would like to get. 383-4 speed car. No engine or tranny. Floors and trunk completely gone. Passenger side has been side swiped/wrecked. On the good side it has very solid unibody with no rot or damage. I want it just for parts. The wood grain wheel, 4 speed pedals, 4 speed hump, the thumb wheel radio, the tic toc tach and prolly the rest of the dash. (It's the same as the charger dash, not the grandma sweeper style). Are these cars the same value as a charger? If they had identical options, rust and rot, would they be the same value? I just kinda hate to part out a car that could be restored.... But it would take lots of money. if it was a charger I would never ask such a question. But anyway what do you guys think? Oh and sorry for being so long winded.

Thanks,
Marshall
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Ghoste

They run a little less than Chargers just because of the recognition factor but they are still valuable cars to those in the know.

Homerr

Your motto is

QuoteDon't crush em, restore em!

::)

A 383 4spd Super Bee is a cool car restored.

moparnation74

Quote from: Homerr on December 21, 2014, 07:30:18 PM
Your motto is

QuoteDon't crush em, restore em!

::)

A 383 4spd Super Bee is a cool car restored.
Standard 69 Super Bee is less valuable than a 69 Charger.  However, it does have some value and are beautiful cars restored.

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

marshallfry01

Quote from: Patronus on December 21, 2014, 07:53:56 PM
What color is it?

It's that brownish copper color. With a tan interior.... Or what's left of it anyway.
1969 Charger 383/auto

69bronzeT5

It deserves to be fixed....not parted out! :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jaak

When it comes to me, I look at things from a financial standpoint for ME. I caught hell a few years back (by a few) for parting a 69 Charger RT. That was 13-14 years ago, before AMD, it was pretty rusty in the rear it would have needed floor pans, trunk floor, rear quarters, wheel housings, rear valance, tail panel, etc. Well I could have decided to restore it, or I could part it, keep what I needed, and sell off the rest. I could have had 2-69 RT projects that would probably never get done, or part one, to do the other one. That's what I did, I keep several parts that are on my Green RT, and parted out the rest and made back approximately 2/3rds what I purchased the car for, and used that money to buy other stuff I needed. Could it have been restored? Yeah I guess, but it was worth more to ME as a parts car. A 383 4 Speed Bee is a cool car, but it's pretty much a typical Super Bee... Now if it was an A12 car that's a totally different scenario!

Jason

marshallfry01

I'll try to snag some pictures of it tomorrow. It's rough guys. I'm not saying it couldn't be restored, but you would have 40k in it easily. And I am not spending that kind of money on a restoration unless it's a 68 or 69 charger. And I do not have that kind of money to spend anyway. Being a student pilot and college student drains the funds for any muscle car.  :brickwall:
1969 Charger 383/auto

myk

Then I would leave it alone in the hopes that someone else will resurrect it.  Good luck with your schooling...

Ghoste

Daytona R/T SE

Buy it.

Strip off what you need.

Sell or crush the rest.

marshallfry01

Quote from: Ghoste on December 22, 2014, 06:38:32 AM
Ramcharger hood?

I'm not sure exactly what that is.... It does have the small scoop looking things on each side though I think.  :scratchchin:
1969 Charger 383/auto

Troy

They aren't worth the same as a Charger but they are cool cars. I prefer the 68 over the 69. Any 4-speed Mopar is reasonably rare though. It sounds like that one is pretty rough. Yes, the dash is the same as a Charger. There's a Z-bar bracket on the frame rail that you probably want too.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Quote from: marshallfry01 on December 22, 2014, 12:02:34 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 22, 2014, 06:38:32 AM
Ramcharger hood?

I'm not sure exactly what that is.... It does have the small scoop looking things on each side though I think.  :scratchchin:

The ram air hood.  If it has the two small scoops on each side of the hood then it adds value too if its an original one.

FJ6N96

I would need to know more about the Super Bee.  Pictures would help.  Is the fender tag still there?  Regardless, Charger or Super Bee they have their own value to certain crowds.  Color combination comes into play also.  Bench seat or Bucket?  More questions than answers. 

To be fair, the Charger would have to be an R/T to be equal value of a Super Bee.

I'd agree with several others here to purchase the car and go from there.

:Twocents:
FJ6N96   

Ghoste

I would put a base Charger properly equipped in with a Bee.  A base Super Bee or a Charger with 383 four barrel.  :Twocents:

marshallfry01

It's a bench seat 4 speed car. I never opened the hood. It was sitting at some little run down used car dealer.  I didn't have the owners permission to open the hood so I didn't look to see if the fender tag was there or not.
1969 Charger 383/auto

Cncguy

It's a vicious cycle that will one day leave us withe only a few surviving examples.