News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

First dead Hellcat

Started by Drache, December 21, 2014, 03:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

BEFORE:

1 HOUR AFTER LEAVING THE LOT:

Both occupants of the vehicle are ok. Car is supposedly being written off as "Totaled"

Appears to be a case of going too fast around a corner right into a tree:

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

charger Downunder

[/quote]

DC_1

Ouch!

Too much car for the average person to handle.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

War wagon

:'( it's only a matter of time and there will be a LOT more of them. 700hp RWD demands respect from the driver , that car was using summer only tires below their operating temperature which is dangerous IMHO on any car.

Mytur Binsdirti

Being from Colorado, I wonder if he was he playing varnishing point?

War wagon

There was another one that was taken out first by a deer, or so the story goes LOL :smilielol: I'll see if I can find the pics. Was granite crystal iirc

J.Bond

Seeing this infuriates me to NO END, ONE HOUR, and they wrote it off. Well I hope that Fiat incorporates the Ferrari sales attitude into Dodge. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that they check your driving record, and if you have damaged a Ferrari in the past, NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!!!

As for the idiot who was checking bark depth on the trees, they should, NOT be rewarded with a new one by the insurance company, they should have their car returned repaired, lets face it, I'm sure if you give them another hour or two, it will be back for more repair

Keep in mind, if they give them a new one, someone else, who has not damaged one will have to wait longer.... not fair.....

JR

Meh, the factory is building new ones everyday.

Just think of it as the first potential hellcat motor swap has now become available. :icon_smile_big:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

b5blue

Insurance is what killed the muscle car, I was there and remember. I was 18 in 73 and with gas going up muscle was everywhere but mandatory yearly insurance cost as much as the car cost to buy. (Then, like now I didn't care about fuel costs.)

stripedelete

Wow, retro right down to the crash.

Just 6T9 CHGR

More important question is who put that tree right in that spot!!  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

dual fours

I bet they weren't going as fast as everybody thinks.
Is there a "Black Box" on board the Hellcat?
New cars look bad when crashed, it's the way there built, to crush on impact.
Skid marks, with Anti lock?  :scratchchin:
I don't know how these cars handle yet, but was the car coming over the hill and lifted the weight off the wheels and then the weight came down on the right hand curve? Picture this, your in a right hand turn, and just coming off of a hump, you feel the car lift off the road, your still in the right hand turn, and when you feel the tires grab the road, your still in that right hand turn and over correct the steering and fishtail right in to the trees.
Good thing they are  OK, and did not take anyone out.
A dash camera would have been cool to had on, although self incriminating.
If any one knows the road / curve and can get a fix on the location, that would be interesting to see.
People will be testing these cars in a non controlled environment, it's the nature of the Beast.

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/hellcat-carnage-this-one-left-the-lot-an-hour-later-it-is-totaled/

1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

el dub

Look at the good side. There's a motor for sale for someones charger. :D
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

SRT-440

Anyone buying a HC or a 392 SRT like mine...the F1 Supercar tires are dangerous at temps 50 degrees and below. They make the car completely unstable and like its on ice...very scary.
Just the other day it was 40 degrees and I gunned my 392 at 55 mph and the car fish tailed. In summer, it sticks and hooks....I cant imagine 600+ RWHP with these tires in the winter. Expect a lot more horror stories...
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

RJS

Maybe he's a member in the more money than brains club?? :shruggy:

moparnation74

Sad site to see with inexperienced and careless drivers.

Glad to hear no one was significanly injured and no fatalities.

Charger-Bodie

I'm guessing that will be the end of his hellcat career. Insurance was probably high before and likely close to impossible now.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TUFCAT

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 21, 2014, 03:26:18 PM
I'm guessing that will be the end of his hellcat career. Insurance was probably high before and likely close to impossible now.

Not only that....it's gotta' be embarrassing!  

Mike DC

There will be plenty more of this coming.

The Viper crowd is probably tickled pink that some other car might finally produce a worse record than theirs.  At least Vipers are 1/3rd-ton lighter than Hellcats and require owners who can drive a stick.    

-------------------------------

The onboard black box thing is scary.  We REALLY need a firm legal ruling about who gets to used that info & what circumstances. 

If we don't fight about it then it's a matter of time before the situation ends up rigged totally against us.  The dealers & insurance corps will get to optionally use the info against car owners when it convicts us, but we won't be given access to use it to defend ourselves when it exonerates us.

myk

I'm all about freedom and individual rights, but IMO making a 700 horsepower car available to the reckless, incompetent and careless driving masses that can't handle 120 horsepower Hondas is just asking for disaster.  Personally, "I" will never oppose the existence of the car, but I wonder if the pending string of casualties  (it's going to come, we all know it is) that are destined to happen will create some sort of national backlash with the over-bearing nanny state that this country now lives in...

rt green

that didn't take john q public long. 
third string oil changer

472 R/T SE

It won't be long now.  What's the saying about history repeating itself?   :no:

ws23rt

Quote from: myk on December 21, 2014, 04:38:52 PM
I'm all about freedom and individual rights, but IMO making a 700 horsepower car available to the reckless, incompetent and careless driving masses that can't handle 120 horsepower Hondas is just asking for disaster.  Personally, "I" will never oppose the existence of the car, but I wonder if the pending string of casualties  (it's going to come, we all know it is) that are destined to happen will create some sort of national backlash with the over-bearing nanny state that this country now lives in...

I feel the same way :cheers:    This car is in the news for now and that brings extra attention to it.
The backlash we may see will come from those same kind of folks that want to take away guns because of a big news item that involves them.

The incompetent and careless driving masses do what they do in what ever they are "driving". That will never change.

chargerman69