News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Few More Console Questions...

Started by csx4590, December 13, 2014, 01:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csx4590

I took my console apart years ago and am having a problem getting it back together. Does anybody have a photo (or can describe) how the hinge and top plate are attached? I know the top plate is attached to the hinge with acorn nuts or whatever they are called. How does the hinge attach to the console (ie what type of screws)? The hinge has holes that parallel the hinge on one side and holes that are 90 degrees on the other. What side goes where? I have a small box of various screws marked "console" and I am not sure which goes to what...

If anybody has photos of a console that shows how all this works, it would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks again...

Al

Dino

I don't have a picture and am not even sure I had the original screws in there but the hinge had short Phillips screws, about 1/2" long.  They go through the plastic into the thin metal strap on the back.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.