News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

original tire valve stems

Started by FJ5WING, December 14, 2014, 09:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

anyone know if they were Dill or Schrader or?
wingless now, but still around.

Ghoste

For the most part I think either is correct.  Can be some differences when you get into extensions I think.  What wheels and what year?

FJ5WING

70 Lynch Rd. B body with 15" rally wheels. Would the 450 spare have a matching stem?

bill440rt

To the best of my knowledge they were Schrader.  :yesnod:
I've seen several variations: solid white tips, hollow white tips, and metal. They were short as well. The ones available at the dealer today are too long.
The Dill stems were identical with the exception of Dill on them.

I am fairly certain the 450 spare would have a plain black cap. The extensions were used when trim rings were installed on the wheels (rallye).

Here's a pic of Dill extensions. Let me know if you might be interested in them.  :2thumbs:   
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

RJS

Bill he asking about valve stems not extensions.
Ron

bill440rt

Ah-HAH! You're right!  :smilielol:

Well, I gave it my best answer.
I think the stems were Schrader as well.  :scratchchin:   :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

I asked about extensions because some were Schrader and some were Dill.  I do think it was somewhat random on the primary ones though.  Maybe Schrader being the primary vendor and Dill the backup?

ECS

Quote from: bill440rt on December 14, 2014, 05:09:54 PM
I've seen several variations: solid white tips, hollow white tips, and metal. They were short as well.

They were Schrader pieces.  Below are the Chrysler part numbers issued to the 2 different styles:

*The "short " ones with the hollow white tip were used on the Assembly Line.  They were listed as 1/2" Extensions but their total length was actually 7/8".  Their part number is 2660 315.

*The "long" ones were specifically offered as a Service replacement.  They were listed as a 3/4" Extensions but their total length was actually 1 & 1/8".  Their part number is 2401 840.

Different model years might show different part numbers but those were for the earlier versions.  I hope this helps. :2thumbs:
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

RJS

Quote from: bill440rt on December 14, 2014, 08:01:18 PM
Ah-HAH! You're right!  :smilielol:

Well, I gave it my best answer.
I think the stems were Schrader as well.  :scratchchin:   :yesnod:

You may have been blinded by all of your shiny paint!!! :pity:

FJ5WING

Quote from: bill440rt on December 14, 2014, 05:09:54 PM
To the best of my knowledge they were Schrader.  :yesnod:
I've seen several variations: solid white tips, hollow white tips, and metal. They were short as well. The ones available at the dealer today are too long.
The Dill stems were identical with the exception of Dill on them.

I am fairly certain the 450 spare would have a plain black cap. The extensions were used when trim rings were installed on the wheels (rallye).

Here's a pic of Dill extensions. Let me know if you might be interested in them.  :2thumbs:  

Thanks Bill!
I guess you nipped a future question in the bud. I have a set of the white hollowed tip extensions and with Daves input Im comfortable with using them.
Thanks to everyone for their help! I have both the Schrader and Dill stems, so now I know which set to use.

THANKS

bill440rt

:2thumbs:

I have a correct set of hollow Schraders on my car as well.  :yesnod:  :cheers: