News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I hate....

Started by 1974dodgecharger, December 16, 2014, 01:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

wingcar

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 17, 2014, 02:29:29 PM
I'll trump your Detroit with a Merlin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKAOGCElH94

Rolls-Royce Merlin Engine!....end of discussion...
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Roctania

Ghoste

What were the details on the Hemi head aircraft engine Chrysler was developing near wars end?

JR

New cars have the engine sound piped in because they've gotten so good at insulating outside wind and road noises from the cabin, they've managed to block out engine sounds too. German performance cars like the M5 and Audi equivalents play it over the stereo or there would be next to no engine noise at all in the cabin.

American cars like the new Mustang and (maybe) the camaro pipe in the noise thru a hollow plastic tube than runs thru the firewall.

Again, because the cabins are so well insulated from noise and vibration.

A "problem" I wish the old cars had. Its nice to finish an hour drive without your ears bleeding.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Mike DC

These days I usually wear earplugs on long car rides, old vehicle or new.  Plug my ears, turn the radio up a bit, and it ends up muffling out most of the road noise but the radio is still listenable.   

Ghoste

At the other end of the spectrum I almost never turn the radio on and leave at least the drivers window down in all but the very coldest weather (and rain of course when I get caught in it). :lol:

Roctania

Quote from: Ghoste on December 21, 2014, 09:55:13 AM
At the other end of the spectrum I almost never turn the radio on and leave at least the drivers window down in all but the very coldest weather (and rain of course when I get caught in it). :lol:

Well, yeah, but is that with the car shown in the avatar? Sounds good?

"American cars like the new Mustang and (maybe) the camaro pipe in the noise thru a hollow plastic tube than runs thru the firewall."
===================
If you pipe it in for the occupants, that's not "noise" right?  That's "music". Or, at least "sound".

Ghoste

Not too disimilar, it's a stock 69 RT.