News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Street legal slicks w/ white lettering on side walls

Started by MxRacer855, December 13, 2014, 04:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armudster

Quote from: MxRacer855 on December 14, 2014, 01:54:25 AM
So... would I run the same Avon Cr6zz tire front and back then? Do you know the speed rating on it?

Exactly! I think 245/60 on the front with 15x8 and 295/50 on the back on 15x10 will look killer! The speed rating is V, the highest on a 15 tire, it should work till 150 mph aprox.

oldcarnut

I tried to search for it but couldnt locate it but somebody listed on the Aero? forum about a company that made the Goodyear logos that were rubber letters using adhesive for putting on the sidewalls.   He installed a set and I wanted to see how they held up.   They may make different logos too.  Maybe you'll get better search results than I did.  Just another option instead of paint that will need redoing frequently.

Armudster

Quote from: oldcarnut on December 14, 2014, 11:39:54 AM
I tried to search for it but couldnt locate it but somebody listed on the Aero? forum about a company that made the Goodyear logos that were rubber letters using adhesive for putting on the sidewalls.   He installed a set and I wanted to see how they held up.   They may make different logos too.  Maybe you'll get better search results than I did.  Just another option instead of paint that will need redoing frequently.

I believe that´s the site, it is a rubber decal that emulates a raised white letter design, and you can do whatever logo or design you want to. It´s def an option too!!!
https://www.tredwearletters.com/
:cheers:

MxRacer855

I like that adhesive idea. I'm going to check that out.  :cheers:

Armudster - That's definitely a perfect tire for me and you hit the dimensions on the head.  :2thumbs:that's the setup I would love to run in the front and back. Speed rating is perfect. Any idea where I can find them for sale? They're a little tricky to locate... I keep finding the same tread pattern getting brought up on motorcycle tires!  :lol:

Jeff

Armudster

Quote from: MxRacer855 on December 14, 2014, 11:55:25 AM
I like that adhesive idea. I'm going to check that out.  :cheers:

Armudster - That's definitely a perfect tire for me and you hit the dimensions on the head.  :2thumbs:that's the setup I would love to run in the front and back. Speed rating is perfect. Any idea where I can find them for sale? They're a little tricky to locate... I keep finding the same tread pattern getting brought up on motorcycle tires!  :lol:

Jeff

Hey Jeff, in the US, I know of Roger Kraus Racing http://rogerkrausracing.com/pages/location.html in the site he has a full list of pricing for the tires also there. I will also use the same tires when I get my next car, lol

oldcarnut

Quote from: Armudster on December 14, 2014, 11:52:41 AM
Quote from: oldcarnut on December 14, 2014, 11:39:54 AM

I believe that´s the site, it is a rubber decal that emulates a raised white letter design, and you can do whatever logo or design you want to. It´s def an option too!!!
https://www.tredwearletters.com/
Beat me to it lol .  :2thumbs: I think that's it http://www.tredwearletters.com/factory-matched-white-letter-tires-kits/

MxRacer855

$1740 for F/R tires,  :pity:  :lol:. If it's what we've gotta do, then we gotta do it! :rofl: That's a lot of money though! Do you know the wear rate on these? It's probably pretty fast, right? If they wore out from street use in less than 10K miles, there's no way I could justify running tose awesome tires no matter how badly I wanted/need them.

P.s. I really want them though!  :lol:

After your link.. here's as close as I can get to the tech sheet with all of the other info. After you open it, the next file is a PDF (for anyone interested).
http://rogerkrausracing.com/pages/pricing.html

Armudster

Quote from: MxRacer855 on December 14, 2014, 12:33:32 PM
$1740 for F/R tires,  :pity:  :lol:. If it's what we've gotta do, then we gotta do it! :rofl: That's a lot of money though! Do you know the wear rate on these? It's probably pretty fast, right? If they wore out from street use in less than 10K miles, there's no way I could justify running tose awesome tires no matter how badly I wanted/need them.

P.s. I really want them though!  :lol:

After your link.. here's as close as I can get to the tech sheet with all of the other info. After you open it, the next file is a PDF (for anyone interested).
http://rogerkrausracing.com/pages/pricing.html

From user experiences related on GT40 and Cobra boards, the general consensus is they last from 15k to 20k miles on some cases, on mainly street use, which seem like a standard for a tire of this caliper, but the most important fact is they are not slicks, so they are also very good on the rain, so it is a set it and use it kind of tire. If you do purchase them, I will have to see pics of them in your car!!!!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

MxRacer855

You got it! That will be shortly if I go that route! I'll definitely make sure to get all angles!  :2thumbs:

Thanks for the knowledge and all of the help!  :cheers:

Armudster

Quote from: MxRacer855 on December 14, 2014, 02:00:48 PM
You got it! That will be shortly if I go that route! I'll definitely make sure to get all angles!  :2thumbs:

Glad to be of help, whatever route you take, I´m sure you will have a killer ride, if you need anything, I´m at your disposal.

:2thumbs:

MxRacer855

Quote from: Armudster on December 14, 2014, 03:55:06 PM
Quote from: MxRacer855 on December 14, 2014, 02:00:48 PM

Glad to be of help, whatever route you take, I´m sure you will have a killer ride, if you need anything, I´m at your disposal.

:2thumbs: