News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Yet another new member, check out my Mopar?

Started by 1974Mopar, December 11, 2014, 07:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974Mopar

Hey guys, iv been browsing this site for awhile now and i like what i see so i decided to make an account. Two years ago when I turned 15, i came upon a 1974 Dodge Charger. This car means the world to me, as it's the first thing i think of when i wake up and the last thing i think of when i go to sleep. My father definitely steered me in the correct direction when it comes to cars. Anyways, what do you guys think of my Mopar?

SE model, 400 Magnum paired with a 727 Torqueflight 3-speed.
Has a Holley 4-barrel, bigger cam, true duels that could scare away children :lol:
Also, lets see them third gen chargers.
When in doubt, power it out.

1973rallye

Welcome fellow Manitoba third generation owner. If I am not mistaken your pictures are from the original kijijji for sale ad, from about 2 years ago. In my opinion that silver was one of the best colors for the 73 74 Charger. Hope you enjoy your ride as much others will.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

1974Mopar

Quote from: 1973rallye on December 11, 2014, 07:57:20 PM
Welcome fellow Manitoba third generation owner. If I am not mistaken your pictures are from the original kijijji for sale ad, from about 2 years ago. In my opinion that silver was one of the best colors for the 73 74 Charger. Hope you enjoy your ride as much others will.

Thanks, i bought it from Manitoba. Drove from Saskatchewan to get it. It's been garaged since as i haven't found the parts needed to fix it

1974Mopar

Thus i couldn't really get any good pictures of my own, sadly

Kern Dog

Godsmack635

Car looks great dude!  I wish I had hung onto my first car back when I was 15.  I bought a '63 Nova for $800 and found every excuse to go out into the garage and turn a wrench.  I sold it a few years later and caught the Mopar bug soon after.  hang on to that car and pass it on to your kids some day.   :2thumbs:

1974Mopar

Quote from: Godsmack635 on December 11, 2014, 08:10:14 PM
Car looks great dude!  I wish I had hung onto my first car back when I was 15.  I bought a '63 Nova for $800 and found every excuse to go out into the garage and turn a wrench.  I sold it a few years later and caught the Mopar bug soon after.  hang on to that car and pass it on to your kids some day.   :2thumbs:
Damn straight, this car will be with me until the day im an old man, in which id love to pass it down when the time comes

1973rallye

Quote from: 1974Mopar on December 11, 2014, 08:03:54 PM

Thanks, i bought it from Manitoba. Drove from Saskatchewan to get it. It's been garaged since as i haven't found the parts needed to fix it

What parts are you referring to?
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed

VegasCharger

Nice ride!!! My first car was a 1974 Charger as well but it was a coupe and not an SE. But I've own two 73 SE's with recently just have parted one out. These are one of my favorite MoPars especially the triple black SE's. Let me know if you need any help plus there are many members on here that are very educated on Chargers.

Also welcome aboard :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

1974Mopar

Quote from: 1973rallye on December 11, 2014, 08:47:48 PM
Quote from: 1974Mopar on December 11, 2014, 08:03:54 PM

What parts are you referring to?

Well at first the original owner claimed the master break cylinder and oil pan had to be replaced. the oil leak turned out to be the rear engine seal which i just havent ordered yet, and the breaks still don't work after changing the master cylinder  :flame: so i have yet to determine what the issue is

1974Mopar

Quote from: VegasCharger on December 11, 2014, 08:49:36 PM
Nice ride!!! My first car was a 1974 Charger as well but it was a coupe and not an SE. But I've own two 73 SE's with recently just have parted one out. These are one of my favorite MoPars especially the triple black SE's. Let me know if you need any help plus there are many members on here that are very educated on Chargers.

Also welcome aboard :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

thanks alot, its my pride and joy :yesnod: and im sure ill be coming to ask questions once the snow is off the ground, when its time to wake up the ol' Mopar

1973rallye

You have come to the right place. There is a wealth of mechanical expertise on this site.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed

1974Mopar

As iv come to notice. This site will be a useful asset in my Mopar filled future, that's forsure

Charger4404spd

1974Mopar

Quote from: Charger4404spd on December 11, 2014, 09:16:58 PM
Welcome and nice ride. Problem with mice? :icon_smile_big:

Picture was from the original kijiji add, the guy just didn't want mice in it.
I assure you there's no mice in this car :2thumbs:

moparnation74

Welcome to the forum!

Nice looking 74!  As someone else stated here, silver looks great on that year!

1974Mopar

Thanks!

I'm almost surprised nobody brought up the "Pegasus" written on the side to be honest.

Also, has anybody ever done a hideaway headlight conversion from a 1973 car to a 1974? I know it can be done, and very interested in doing so...

polywideblock

welcome to another third gen owner  :cheers: 

so is there or was there  a winged horse mural  somewhere on the car   :scratchchin:   

relax and enjoy the ride to mopar madness     :yesnod:  you've got all winter to fix her    :2thumbs: 

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

1974Mopar

Quote from: polywideblock on December 11, 2014, 09:53:22 PM
welcome to another third gen owner  :cheers: 

so is there or was there  a winged horse mural  somewhere on the car   :scratchchin:   

relax and enjoy the ride to mopar madness     :yesnod:  you've got all winter to fix her    :2thumbs: 

It's still there, behind the windows :yesnod: i don't know whether or not there's some sort of story behind it, and i truly can't decide if i want to remove it or keep it there

1974Mopar

I also wouldn't necessarily call it a mural, it's literally just the word "Pegasus" in brackets on both sides

myk

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MxRacer855

Welcome to the site! Nice 3rd gen! Happy to hear there's no lice in it!  :2thumbs:

polywideblock

Quote from: 1974Mopar on December 11, 2014, 10:09:04 PM
I also wouldn't necessarily call it a mural, it's literally just the word "Pegasus" in brackets on both sides

maybe it was on the original hood   :scratchchin:     with a name on it like that , there should have been   a matching 70's  mural on the hood or trunk  :shruggy:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

1974Mopar

Quote from: myk on December 11, 2014, 10:09:42 PM
What are your plans for the car?

Looking forward towards disc brakes all around, has em in the front but not the back. Paint, as its bubbled in places and peeling where the vinyl meets metal on the roof. Various engine mods such as headers, crank, pistons, etc... And most important of all, rust treatment. The firewall is beginning to rust, as are the corners of the doors. I'm sure more will come down the road, this is just the short list i can pull from the top of my head :2thumbs: id like to clean up that engine bay and engine when its out of the car aswell