News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ford guy

Started by F8-4life, December 11, 2014, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECS

Quote from: F8-4life on December 13, 2014, 06:12:43 PM
I thought 15k is about right for this one?

I was offered 10 times that amount (literally) and I wouldn't sell mine.  I think they are one of the nicest looking Muscle Cars ever built.

TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

ACUDANUT

IYO. But, I think the 69's is the best year fastback.. Nice car though.  :cheers:
If you were offered 150K and did not take it, you must be loaded.

ECS

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 15, 2014, 02:56:29 PM
If you were offered 150K and did not take it....

I wouldn't take a million for it.  It was the car that prompted & started ECS 17 years ago!  :2thumbs:
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

73rallye440magnum

Quote from: Troy on December 14, 2014, 05:02:06 PM
It seems most Mopar people assume every Camaro or Mustang is cheap. Bad assumption! A Boss 302 is neither common nor cheap - especially not a low mileage car with (hopefully) all the original parts. Heck, my 70 Mach 1 has a book value higher than every single one of my Mopars except the 68 Charger R/T 4-speed. As for restoration costs, you can build 2-3 Mustangs with NOS or very good repro parts for what it costs to do a 68-70 Charger. That car is still overpriced but not by nearly as much as you may think.

As an aside, one of the largest collectors/builders of 69 "R" Code (428 CJ Shaker) Mustangs is just up the road from me. Last time I took dad for a visit there were 14 finished cars plus a 69 Shelby, a 70 Boss 302 4-speed project and a 69 Torino Cobra. My dad spent most of his time looking at the Boss 302. Must be where I get my love for twisty roads...

Troy

Sell me your Charger so your Mach 1 can have the highest book value of your collection!
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Troy

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on December 15, 2014, 09:03:26 PM
Quote from: Troy on December 14, 2014, 05:02:06 PM
It seems most Mopar people assume every Camaro or Mustang is cheap. Bad assumption! A Boss 302 is neither common nor cheap - especially not a low mileage car with (hopefully) all the original parts. Heck, my 70 Mach 1 has a book value higher than every single one of my Mopars except the 68 Charger R/T 4-speed. As for restoration costs, you can build 2-3 Mustangs with NOS or very good repro parts for what it costs to do a 68-70 Charger. That car is still overpriced but not by nearly as much as you may think.

As an aside, one of the largest collectors/builders of 69 "R" Code (428 CJ Shaker) Mustangs is just up the road from me. Last time I took dad for a visit there were 14 finished cars plus a 69 Shelby, a 70 Boss 302 4-speed project and a 69 Torino Cobra. My dad spent most of his time looking at the Boss 302. Must be where I get my love for twisty roads...

Troy

Sell me your Charger so your Mach 1 can have the highest book value of your collection!
That would work if I was more concerned about value than anything else! ;) They match (both are blue/white) so if I sell one I don't have bookends any more. Then my books will fall over and that would make a mess.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

6spd68

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 15, 2014, 02:56:29 PM
IYO. But, I think the 69's is the best year fastback.. Nice car though.  :cheers:
If you were offered 150K and did not take it, you must be loaded.

I'd have to agree.  Personally, the 69 fastback would be the stang for me.  Don't let that detract from the fact your 70 is absolutely stunning though.  :cheers:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."