News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

holley carb leaking booster

Started by don duick, December 07, 2014, 05:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don duick

I have a 750 hp series double pumper on my 440. had problems with this carb pulled it to bits reassembled it and finally got it running good. Then out of the blue it started playing up again it would not idle and had problems starting. I looked into the carb and noticed the left side primary booster leaking fuel and when I turn off the motor it continues to drip. Anyone experienced this ? Will pull it apart again but don't really know what to look for. I tried lowering the float level but that did not work. Another problem I have is the idle mixture screws are not responsive and I have the transfer slots in the correct position. Have 75 jets in front and 80 in back and 4.5 power valve idle vacumn is 11. car is manual. Previous had 72 jets in front and 75 in the back but did not go as well. This is first time I have this problem with leaking booster.

Dmichels

Maybe an internal issue. Leaking gasket? I would pull it down again.
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

justcruisin

Check your air circuits on that barrel, could be a blocked high speed bleed.

Dino

Exactly what my Thermoquad is doing.  Rebuilt the damn thing and it's still doing it.  Changing float ettings didn't help either.  What fuel pressure are you getting to the carb?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

69wannabe

Like Dino says, check for excessive fuel pressure. If it is above 8 psi it maybe pushing the fuel past the needles and what kind of carb kit did you use. If you didn't use a holley kit with holley needle and seat assembly's it will not work properly!!

c00nhunterjoe

If it is also doing it while running, 1st verify float level, next fuel pressure. 3rd, could be primary blades open too far. 4th, check needle and seat for wear/debris. If it has a different cam in the motor be sure to verify the proper power valve is used to match engine vaccum.

don duick

thanks for all your replies. It is fixed special thanks to Justcruisin  you are correct it was a blocked air bleed. Also had to change my oil as it was contaminated with fuel. Dino this is something you may want to check as fuel in the oil does serious damage to your bearings.

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.