News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Daytona build sheet on CL

Started by SeaninSD, December 10, 2014, 03:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

The car is in the registry but I last have it as an e-bay ad from Ohio and that the car possibly went to New Zealand.  How about it wing car collectors down under, do you folks know its whereabouts?

charger_fan_4ever

maxwellwedge

The last Daytona build sheet I sold .....I really jammed the owner of the car.

I found out who owned it, sent it to him Fed-Ex on my dime and demanded he buy me a beer if I ever bump into him at a car show.

I absolutely have no respect for anyone that wants to sell any original paperwork of any kind to the rightful owners of vehicles. Vermin in my book.

moparnation74

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 10, 2014, 09:59:55 AM

I found out who owned it, sent it to him Fed-Ex on my dime and demanded he buy me a beer if I ever bump into him at a car show.

I absolutely have no respect for anyone that wants to sell any original paperwork of any kind to the rightful owners of vehicles. Vermin in my book.
Exactly!!!! 

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparnation74 on December 10, 2014, 10:40:57 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 10, 2014, 09:59:55 AM

Exactly!!!! 

Exactly......... Nothing more than Mopar-ISIS...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Alaskan_TA

If it helps ring any bells, the full VIN would be XX29L9B383265 - R4 red, 4-speed & black interior.

nascarxx29

383265   283   nh      Chase & Avery Newport, NH   8/28/1969   
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

TUFCAT

In case it goes away....

Redbird

We have the hobby we have promoted and deserve.

It is not enough to prove a Daytona is on the list of 503 cars. We have told people your car is worth 5% more (pick your percentage) if it has a Broadcast sheet. Some people will only buy a car if it has a Broadcast sheet and Fender tag. So has the collective of Mopar collectors said there is a value? My observation is yes.

So if the car owner were to sell a car w/o a Broadcast sheet would he take a financial hit? Say the person who had the Broadcast sheet were best friends with someone who was interested in buying the car. Should the person who had the Broadcast sheet give it to the seller so they could sell for a higher price? Or should the person who had the Broadcast sheet give it to his best friend if his best friend buys the car?

TUFCAT

Broadcast sheets are document specific and shouldn't have value to anyone other than the registered owner of the vehicle.  It's like AKC paperwork for a dog.  The only real value is to its owner....unless someone's trying to pull a scam.  :eek2:

If the owner sells the dog (in this example) his paperwork should go with the sale.  Can you imagine trying to "sell back" the original AKC registry paperwork to a dog's owner?   :nono:

69_500

Pretty sure owner is a board member here. I was oh so close to getting that car. Looked at it in I think 2012. My offer was $1500 short of selling price.

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: 69_500 on December 10, 2014, 04:42:12 PM
Pretty sure owner is a board member here. I was oh so close to getting that car. Looked at it in I think 2012. My offer was $1500 short of selling price.

Yes this car:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,87485.0/all.html

Still kicking myself in the ass for not pursuing that one at the time :brickwall:

Maybe the craigslist guy put a dollar amount on the broadcast sheet to get noticed? At least it worked. Hopefully it now can get reunited with the car :popcrn:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

69_500

I spent hours trying to get a deal cut on that car. The guy who bought it had been talking to me for months about the silver Daytona that was at my house at the time.

tan top

out of order selling a Broadcast sheet  ,

I would be only to pleased to give it Free of charge to the cars owner !! :Twocents:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69_500

I have never charged anyone for a broadcast sheet. However I have seen people charge huge amounts for them. I understand someone giving the person who finds it $20-50 to cover mailing it, and such. But this asking $1000 or $1500 for a sheet blows my mind.

TUFCAT

If your selling a broadcast sheet, you're just begging for bad Karma.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

Redbird

I currently have 2 Superbirds. Both the same exterior and interior colors, same interior, same transmission. They came from the factory with different engines. They both have factory cones and internals with no rust. Both floor pans have no rust. I have owned one for over 25 years and the other for over 35 years, so I am a long term owner.

I know almost all of the history of one of them, and have all the paperwork back to 1973 for it, including the Broadcast sheets.

The second car I know a lot of the history for. I have a lot of pictures of one of the cars 1 number off in serial number from my car, identically optioned as my car and unrestored. I also have a lot of pictures of a car 4 serial numbers off from my car almost identically optioned as mine. I do not have the Broadcast sheet for mine though. I'd love to have it, but I don't. Sure it could drop in my lap, but it has not yet.

I can tell you with near certainty how both cars came from the factory.

I know the difference in how someone would view my cars. I may not agree with it, and I certainly don't like it. But I don't get to decide how the market sees things.

I have had great fun times with both cars.

Having fun with the cars has always been different than what the market for them is.

arrow

Ive got two cars that Id give that kind of money for the build sheets to them and not worry about

talkiemopar

My 69-500 had a broadcast sheet for a HEMI-500. Well about 4 years ago the 500 was found in Pennsylvania. The wife had to go there to see a doctor, so on the way we stopped and GAVE the lady the hemi broadcast sheet for her car. It only took 45 years for it to get back home. That made me feel real good. Now she knows what a broadcast sheet look like, she can look for mine. If she finds one and it is not mine, she will send it to me so we can find it a home. :2thumbs: :drool5: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  Rick.

SBBob

Sore subject for me.  The guy who brought my car to Washington state still has the window sticker.  Thinks it is worth a bunch of cash.  It is only good to one person - me.  My car is high miles and I have driven it for 30 years with out it.  Would I like it, YES.  Am I going to pay for it - HELL NO!  If it gets that important I will have one re-popped.  Just my 2 cents worth.
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

440mop

I've just emailed Robert the owner of the other Daytona in NZ to see if this is his car, the details match but I don't know his VIN.
Cheers
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

69_500

It is robert's car. I tried calling him but number must have changed.

Ghoste

And if he says he doesn't want the sheet for that kind of money, then what is it worth?

nascarxx29

There was a similar Daytona for sale on here in a old post.Car was in I think York PA
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701