News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

challanged to a race!

Started by Drache, December 07, 2014, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

So a cousin of mine just bought himself a new car! Another cousin and my father started playing my Dart up against his new car and eventually we agreed to a friendly drag race in the spring  :2thumbs:

Here he is with his new '34 Ford Coupe Hot Rod:

The engine started off a plain 350 crate motor with 290 horsepower. The regular 8.0:1 compression was changed to 11:1 compression. Then aluminum heads, a new cam, the highrise with twin 390 carbs, Currie Ford 9" rearend with 3.73 gears and a 5spd transmission.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Daytona R/T SE

Hmmmm.... :scratchchin:

I'm seeing a plastic body with a Chevy engine stuck in it...

Where's the Ford ?  :shruggy:

Drache

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 08, 2014, 12:06:35 AM

It's the body style I guess
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Drache on December 08, 2014, 12:10:59 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 08, 2014, 12:06:35 AM

It's the body style I guess

;)

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Drache

Quote from: Patronus on December 08, 2014, 11:26:53 AM
What you running in the dart?

440 Magnum, 430hp, 500ft-lbs torque, Moser 8-3/4 with 3.91, 727 auto with 2800 stall converter
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Patronus

Give him a chance and pull a plug wire
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Drache

Quote from: Patronus on December 08, 2014, 11:36:36 AM
Give him a chance and pull a plug wire

It will be a close race. His engine is running about the same horsepower output as mine, maybe a little less. He's also a lot lighter than the dart as well. It will be a fun time this spring!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

rt green

can you hook yours up better than him? or will this be a spin match.
third string oil changer

Drache

Quote from: rt green on December 08, 2014, 11:49:03 AM
can you hook yours up better than him? or will this be a spin match.

What is this "hook up" that you speak off? My Dart is still sitting on the line spinning from a race two months ago  :nana:

If I pick up a set of 15" wheels for my Dart and put some slicks on the back then I can hook up. With my 18" low profile tires, no way.  Or if I put a set of traction bars on the car that would also help.

My cousins car being so light will probably have the same traction problem.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TUFCAT

Quote from: Drache on December 08, 2014, 11:52:30 AM

What is this "hook up" that you speak off? My Dart is still sitting on the line spinning from a race two months ago  :nana:

If I pick up a set of 15" wheels for my Dart and put some slicks on the back then I can hook up. With my 18" low profile tires, no way.  Or if I put a set of traction bars on the car that would also help.

You're correct about traction....its everything in your case.

That 440 Dart could be making 800hp and 1,000ft. lbs. of torque and it wouldn't make one bit of difference.  If you don't get traction dialed in, you'll be coming in second.... a lot

69wannabe

Be smart and go from a 20 mph roll!!!! My car doesn't do nothing but spin in 1 st gear and halfway through 2nd. Got smoked off the line by a BMW a few years ago cause his car grabbed and went and I was still spinning. We went from a roll the second time and I dusted him by a car and a half!!!  Some good ET streets will help get you moving and the torque of the 440 will put you ahead of the chevy or was it a ford??? Off brand should cover it!!!  :yesnod:

Drache

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 08, 2014, 05:20:42 PM
Quote from: Drache on December 08, 2014, 11:52:30 AM

What is this "hook up" that you speak off? My Dart is still sitting on the line spinning from a race two months ago  :nana:

If I pick up a set of 15" wheels for my Dart and put some slicks on the back then I can hook up. With my 18" low profile tires, no way.  Or if I put a set of traction bars on the car that would also help.

You're correct about traction....its everything in your case.

That 440 Dart could be making 800hp and 1,000ft. lbs. of torque and it wouldn't make one bit of difference.  If you don't get traction dialed in, you'll be coming in second.... a lot

Thus I plan on switching to 15" slicks for racing.

The previous owner of my car said he did a 11.3 or 11.4 pass with this car. Can't remember which. But that is if I can hook up at the strip.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TUFCAT

:2thumbs: ...make sure you kick some ass!

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

RJS

Damm your family has no respect for factory hoods!! :brickwall:

Drache

Quote from: RJS on December 16, 2014, 09:16:43 AM
Damm your family has no respect for factory hoods!! :brickwall:

We both bought them that way. Not to mention my cousin's car is a Fiberglass kit car  :nana:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire