News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got my heart broken today!!

Started by moparnation74, December 06, 2014, 12:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnation74

Had the car over at the Transmission shop to get some adjustments and my new convertor from Frank Lupo installed.  The moment he pulled the car around my jaw hit the ground and my heart sunk.  He has a very reputable shop and takes care of cars to the "T".  However, I got an unfortunate shop accident.  Supposedly, and we agreed that someone squeezed by the car and smudged it and scratched it.  The deep scratch is 4"long and there are two other scratches that are just in the clear coat.  In the end he agreed to take care of it and make it right.  Now off to the painter for who knows how long.  At least it is winter and not show season.

This really f###ed up my weekend.

comet_666

That sucks!
However that is a bad pic, can't see anything.
As long as he agrees in writing to take care of it , put it back exactly the way it was you should be ok.
Would ruin my weekend too.

b5blue

CRAP!!! I know your pain! My tranny shop is they guy I bought my 70 Charger from 19 years ago. While doing a resto rebuild on the 727 one of his guys dented the new rear lower valance with the shop golf cart! (The ONLY new steel on the car was rear valance and corners before my recent put off for 18 years paint job.)
 He's been so good to me and still loves the car he was all shook up. (It was his first car ever and for 8 years "the shops" drag racer when I bought it.) He wanted to have it fixed and darn near refused payment for a total rebuild/resto on the tranny! For me it's just battle damage, there will be more coming before another paint job, mine is a driver.  :lol:

moparnation74

Quote from: comet_666 on December 06, 2014, 12:48:14 PM
That sucks!
However that is a bad pic, can't see anything.
As long as he agrees in writing to take care of it , put it back exactly the way it was you should be ok.
Would ruin my weekend too.
It is the 4" white line to the right of the flash.  The car is so shiny with a mirror finish it makes it difficult to take a clear closeup picture of it.

tan top

arrrghhh nooooo bummer  :icon_smile_blackeye:   sorry to see this  :brickwall:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TUFCAT

its hard to tell by the photo but it looks to be over the rear wheel opening. Its very sad to see this stuff happening to nice cars!

keepat

That sucks! I'm sorry to hear the paint on your beautiful black charger was damaged.
Any accidental chip, scratch, or dent is bad. But when the chip, dent or scratches is caused
by carelessness it's really irritating! It reminds me of when I just finishing restoring a
1972 Trans Am and took it out for the first Drive and some knucklehead was cutting his
grass with the mower blowing the grass out into the road and slung a rock on to my passenger door :-(
Good luck with the repair.
Pat

Drache

Quote from: keepat on December 06, 2014, 02:23:37 PM
It reminds me of when I just finishing restoring a
1972 Trans Am and took it out for the first Drive and some knucklehead was cutting his
grass with the mower blowing the grass out into the road and slung a rock on to my passenger door :-(
Good luck with the repair.
Pat

Exact same thing happened to me the first week I owned my '67 Dart.  :-\
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bill440rt

Man, these are my least favorite type of threads.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Boils down to carelessness and a complete lack of respect for the property of others.  :flame:
Hope it gets fixed right for you quickly.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

moparnation74

Thanks for all the support!

Literally, was like a hard "kick" in the nuts.

It will go to the painter in a couple weeks(his availability) and be there for who knows how long.

twodko

Damn! Ouch does even come close to covering it.
I'm very sad this happen to your gorgeous car bro.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

ODZKing

Been there.  And it is even WORSE when you do it your self!  :brickwall:

myk

As with anything painful, try to look at the positive: it could've been a lot worse.  There's a thread on here about a member whose beautiful car was hit rather severly by a truck or some other sort of vehicle in a shop and the damage was quite extensive.  Additionally, the shop gave the member the run around and the whole incident is/was a nightmare.  Again, try and be positive, it could've been much worse; you still have a beautiful car that's now only a little less than perfect...

charger Downunder

The turd that did that would know they did it. He needs to get his arse kicked.  :eek2: :icon_smile_angry:
[/quote]

don duick

know how you feel I reversed my charger into a bush and put about ten deep scratches about 2 foot long. the hard part was driving forward to get out and doing double the damage

moparnation74

Quote from: myk on December 06, 2014, 04:00:27 PM
As with anything painful, try to look at the positive: it could've been a lot worse.  There's a thread on here about a member whose beautiful car was hit rather severly by a truck or some other sort of vehicle in a shop and the damage was quite extensive.  Additionally, the shop gave the member the run around and the whole incident is/was a nightmare.  Again, try and be positive, it could've been much worse; you still have a beautiful car that's now only a little less than perfect...
That is very true and thanks for the encouragement.

oldcarnut

Sorry to hear about the bad luck.  I always see threads about coming to shows and spectators are careless.  Took my truck to a pep boys for some new tires and I'd watch most of the workers (can't really call them mechanics at that pargicularstore) walk around the cars and get in the seats with tools hanging out the pockets and chain clips with a fist full of keys dangling off belt loops and sure enough, the one with the biggest ass got my truck and scratched the paint trying to squeeze in and got his keys hung up.  I was p.o'd and more so after he denied doing it.

stripedelete

I know how you feel.  Been there too.  Two.  Once before the resoration and once after.

Makes you sick. 

You know if it were a p.o.s. 90's Chevy Cavalier it would have gone in and out without a scratch.

500Jon

Sad news there MN74!

Thats a nasty scratch and a disaster for the Trans shop.
I bet they are sick to the stomach, I know I would be!

My mates 69 Charger R/T had the roof crushed on the ramp in a bodyshop!!! :eek2:
There was an overhead pipe that pushed the roof down 3 inches, front to back.
Luckily it didn't break the windows.
And it was vinyl car too.

All's well that ends well as we say in ENGLAND!
5J
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

Dino

That sucks but at least they're taking responsibility.  I worked in body shops for a long time and saw some unfortunate accidents happen.  You have to take responsibility for it though.

I'm usually the one causing the damage to my own cars.  I backed the '69 into the garage once and did not notice the buddy seat I had put on top of some stuff.  It's normally not there so I backed the car in rather quickly as usual, and the seat got stuck between my quarter panel and the wall.  The wall was the part that didn't give.   ::)
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

MxRacer855

Like nails on a chalkboard.  :eek2:
Sorry about the news. I'm glad there is a solution that doesn't involve money out of your own pocket for something out of your control. :pity:

I hope everything comes back amazing and looks just like before!

You can only hope the shop takes different measures and precautions to prevent a traumatic event like this in the future!  :scratchchin:  :brickwall:

moparnation74

I cannot thank everyone enough for all the positive comments,  Thanks again!

In two weeks it will be in the painters hands and I will post pics after the repair.  Maybe I will call that thread, "I got my heart pieced back together."

MxRacer855

8WHEELER

Good luck with the paint repair, that sucks. My 68 is still in the body shop since June. A trany shop recked mine as well   :brickwall: :brickwall: the thread is 3-4 months back.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

RIDELIKEHELL

Happened to me last summer while my tranny was out but nevert posted on here ...I feel your pain! Silver is a bitch to match  :brickwall:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

moparnation74

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on December 11, 2014, 08:01:54 AM
Happened to me last summer while my tranny was out but nevert posted on here ...I feel your pain! Silver is a bitch to match  :brickwall:
Sorry, to hear about yours!  Your ride is absolutely beautiful.  Silver is extremely difficult to match.  Hopefully, in the end both of ours gets the treatment they deserve.

RIDELIKEHELL

Thx! They blended it it but in certain light say overcast skies I can see it!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

moparnation74

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on December 11, 2014, 08:29:57 AM
Thx! They blended it it but in certain light say overcast skies I can see it!
You are like most of us here, we know every square inch of our rides!  Thing is your car is so badazz looking only you can see that! :2thumbs:
I expressed to my painter my concerns about repairing it.  He will basically deal with that spot and clear the 1/4 and blend it in.  Always the unknown concern is the blending areas and the damage UV light can cause in the future.  

ACUDANUT

I can't see anything in that photo. Sorry it happened. Best wishes.