News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lower Ball Joints

Started by btracer, November 21, 2014, 01:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btracer

First time poster here. 

I'm doing a disc conversion on my '69 and want to get feedback on lower ball joint selection:

PST, Hotchkis, Moog..................any others I should consider and why?

thanks

Canadian1968

I am currently replacing/ overhaul my entire front suspension . Since I am doing the whole thing I am goin with the kit from PST. If I was only doing a few parts I would go with moog.

Moog is top notch and can be found at most local auto part stores , but if you are doing all your bushing and bll joints it will get expensive buying all the individual parts threw moog . For the package you cant bea PST from what I see / heard .

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

HPP

I've used PST parts in the past without any ill results. Moog is always a good choice as well, but I think some of their parts are being made offshore these days, so their name isn't a guarantee of being bullet proof anymore.

rt green

I agree. some moog stuff aint what it used to be. TRW stuff used to be good stuff.
third string oil changer

1974dodgecharger

Ill take Moog over stock oem any day.  with the ball joint cover it snaps in to play instead of, 'laying' there like stock oems do so its at least semi sealed.

Hard Charger

Moog is mostly from China now.

in 3-4 years have had 2 ball joints, 1 hub bearing and 2 front stabilizers fail. 3 with in the warranty period.

btracer

I got the Moog, hoping they work out.  Thanks for all the input.