News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 R/t 4 Speed Charger progress. Closing in on the end of the resto! Video.

Started by Charger-Bodie, November 30, 2014, 03:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

histoy

Brian, I've really enjoyed reading this post.  You do amazing work and you have a good reason for doing each step in the process that you follow.  This is an excellent tutorial for those of us who aren't professional body repairmen and painters.  I hope that you'll bring the Charger R/T to Mopars on the Mississippi this year.  I would love to see it in person.

bill440rt

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 12, 2015, 04:02:52 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 12, 2015, 08:10:57 AM
Got a set of the newly repoped vent window parts on the way. Hopefully get those in this weekend. then back to waiting for the top and headliner.

We need an in depth review of these please.....

Hear, hear. x2
Yes, down to the last detail. I was going to have a set rechromed but if Tony's are that good I would definitely consider them.
Can't wait for the play by play write-up on them, Brian!  :2thumbs:
Car is looking great!  :drool5:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bill440rt on March 14, 2015, 06:25:01 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 12, 2015, 04:02:52 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 12, 2015, 08:10:57 AM
Got a set of the newly repoped vent window parts on the way. Hopefully get those in this weekend. then back to waiting for the top and headliner.

We need an in depth review of these please.....

Hear, hear. x2
Yes, down to the last detail. I was going to have a set rechromed but if Tony's are that good I would definitely consider them.
Can't wait for the play by play write-up on them, Brian!  :2thumbs:
Car is looking great!  :drool5:

Well for some reason the ups guy didn't produce vent window beauty. :2thumbs:

So I decided to get the undercoating touch up done and the drums painted red.

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Charger-Bodie

Okay, the new vwnt window parts came today from Tonys Parts. They are very nicely made quality parts and the chrome is really nice I would reccommend them for sure. They also came with all of the parts , screws and roll pins.

I used panel bonding glue to fasten them to the original freshly polished stainless steel parts.

Ghoste

So they come as a sort of "kit" for want of a better word then? 

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Ghoste on March 18, 2015, 11:23:19 AM
So they come as a sort of "kit" for want of a better word then? 

Yes basically all of the pot metal parts and they are shipping a form fitting styrofoam.

lukedukem

I can't tell from that pic but are your front brakes drums

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

tan top

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 18, 2015, 11:21:25 AM
Okay, the new vwnt window parts came today from Tonys Parts. They are very nicely made quality parts and the chrome is really nice I would reccommend them for sure. They also came with all of the parts , screws and roll pins.

I used panel bonding glue to fasten them to the original freshly polished stainless steel parts.

:2thumbs:  looks good !!  :yesnod:     :coolgleamA: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

fy469rtse

yeh Luke ,
was thinking the same thing , ? drum brakes and a hemi,  :o
beautiful job Brian , that car and paint just looks stunning

Charger-Bodie

Yes guys it has drums all the way around and it stops awesome. I used the musclecarbrakes.com shoes and wheel cylinder kits on all four and it stops and recovers very well.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Looks good Brian.  The character lines seem to be nice & crisp.  Mine were rounded off from the crappy rechroming company that did mine years ago.  ya get what you pay for!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Daytona R/T SE

:popcrn:

lukedukem

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 18, 2015, 04:29:54 PM
Yes guys it has drums all the way around and it stops awesome. I used the musclecarbrakes.com shoes and wheel cylinder kits on all four and it stops and recovers very well.

:2thumbs:

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

PlainfieldCharger

Price works...and looks great!!

bill440rt

EXCELLENT!  :cheers:
Yes, they do look nice in the pics. The line looks nice on them, too. Not rounded off.
When will you be fitting them in the car, Brian?  :popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 18, 2015, 05:06:37 PM
Looks good Brian.  The character lines seem to be nice & crisp.  Mine were rounded off from the crappy rechroming company that did mine years ago.  ya get what you pay for!
Quote from: bill440rt on March 18, 2015, 09:49:14 PM

EXCELLENT!  :cheers:
Yes, they do look nice in the pics. The line looks nice on them, too. Not rounded off.
When will you be fitting them in the car, Brian?  :popcrn:

The line is nice. Way better than the set I had re chromed for my Daytona. Those lines were gone. Don't get me wrong those still looked great,they just lost that line. I think as a plater ther would have to copper and block them a lot to get that line back.

Charger-Bodie

And I went out to the garage today with intentions of picking up and organizing a little. And install the vent glass into the frames. Low and behold I broke a cardinal rule and threw away the box on Friday that all my glass came in . The vent glass was never taken out! Dumb dumb move. Now I have to hope the place I got the glass from will give me a deal on a replacement set.

keepat

DixieRestoParts

Thanks for posting on the vent frames. I'm doing a car now, and need to either send my old ones off or get the repros. Would like to know how they fit and seal. The 70mph test is the only way to know for sure!  :2thumbs:
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: DixieRestoParts on March 29, 2015, 08:41:23 PM
Thanks for posting on the vent frames. I'm doing a car now, and need to either send my old ones off or get the repros. Would like to know how they fit and seal. The 70mph test is the only way to know for sure!  :2thumbs:

No problem!

Got the replacement glass and installed it last night. . also here is a pic of the plate.

MxRacer855

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on April 01, 2015, 09:54:58 AM
Quote from: DixieRestoParts on March 29, 2015, 08:41:23 PM

No problem!

Got the replacement glass and installed it last night. . also here is a pic of the plate.

I'm 40 miles south of Chicago.

My aunt, uncle, and cousins live just outside of Ankeny, Iowa. How far are you from that??

Great progress BTW!  :2thumbs:

Jeff

Charger-Bodie

Ankeny is about three hours from here. Thanks by the way.

Charger-Bodie

Ok. things may get back on track again soon. Top and headliner are supposed to get installed  tommorow.

Ive got it sitting there ready for him.......

JB400

May we have a few of the specs of the Cuda while we wait? :popcrn: