News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 R/t 4 Speed Charger progress. Closing in on the end of the resto! Video.

Started by Charger-Bodie, November 30, 2014, 03:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

VegasCharger

Man you sure do know how to make a green Charger look stunning :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Props for your helper :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: VegasCharger on March 07, 2015, 10:37:08 PM
Man you sure do know how to make a green Charger look stunning :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Props for your helper :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yep. When he's with me helping or even just hanging around the garage doing his own thing,the time is that much more enjoyable. I enjoy working on these cars ,but when's Seth enjoys it with me it like I've got the whole world.

MxRacer855

Wow Brian!!

Incredible!!

I agree with everyone else, this green looks amazing on your car!  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

Jeff

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

jessejames

Charger-Bodie

Thanks guys I'm really happy with how it's looking too. Didn't do a lot today but one thing that did do is lube up the rear regulaters for the quarter glass. I had planned to take them apart while the quarters were off,but ended up not wanting to take the time that weekend. So, I then planned to take them apart clean them up and reinstall.well I got to looking at them and they were pretty clean so I decide to give it a try to limber them up right where they were. I sparayed them quite liberally with wd 40 and just kinda rocked the crank back and forth until I was fairly sure that they weren't too bound up from sand. They loose nd up decent, but not 100% where I wanted them to be. When I take them all apart I like to use bearing grease. It would have been hard to get that to all places need without a huge mess so I decided to use my favorite spray lube. It worked awesome. The regulators roll up and down with hardly any effort. Here is a pic of the stuff. The thing I really like about this stuff for latches and stuff is that when you spray it, it kinda foams up, spreading the lube nicely.

Steve P.

Damn sure look gorgeous!!!!!!   

Glad to see the little one out there taking tips from dad... Gotta start them young!!!!!   :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

VegasCharger

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 08, 2015, 09:10:34 PM
Thanks guys I'm really happy with how it's looking too. Didn't do a lot today but one thing that did do is lube up the rear regulaters for the quarter glass. I had planned to take them apart while the quarters were off,but ended up not wanting to take the time that weekend. So, I then planned to take them apart clean them up and reinstall.well I got to looking at them and they were pretty clean so I decide to give it a try to limber them up right where they were. I sparayed them quite liberally with wd 40 and just kinda rocked the crank back and forth until I was fairly sure that they weren't too bound up from sand. They loose nd up decent, but not 100% where I wanted them to be. When I take them all apart I like to use bearing grease. It would have been hard to get that to all places need without a huge mess so I decided to use my favorite spray lube. It worked awesome. The regulators roll up and down with hardly any effort. Here is a pic of the stuff. The thing I really like about this stuff for latches and stuff is that when you spray iy it kinda foams up spreading the lube nicely.

Nice to know, I'm actually doing my rear RH quarter window because I had to replace some failed pieces & parts. Anyway I was going to get some spray silicone to treat the tracks and pivot points. Maybe I'll give this stuff a try. I'm sure it's available locally or did you have to order it?

Thanks Brian :cheers:

Bryan

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: VegasCharger on March 09, 2015, 08:01:20 AM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 08, 2015, 09:10:34 PM
Thanks guys I'm really happy with how it's looking too. Didn't do a lot today but one thing that did do is lube up the rear regulaters for the quarter glass. I had planned to take them apart while the quarters were off,but ended up not wanting to take the time that weekend. So, I then planned to take them apart clean them up and reinstall.well I got to looking at them and they were pretty clean so I decide to give it a try to limber them up right where they were. I sparayed them quite liberally with wd 40 and just kinda rocked the crank back and forth until I was fairly sure that they weren't too bound up from sand. They loose nd up decent, but not 100% where I wanted them to be. When I take them all apart I like to use bearing grease. It would have been hard to get that to all places need without a huge mess so I decided to use my favorite spray lube. It worked awesome. The regulators roll up and down with hardly any effort. Here is a pic of the stuff. The thing I really like about this stuff for latches and stuff is that when you spray iy it kinda foams up spreading the lube nicely.

Nice to know, I'm actually doing my rear RH quarter window because I had to replace some failed pieces & parts. Anyway I was going to get some spray silicone to treat the tracks and pivot points. Maybe I'll give this stuff a try. I'm sure it's available locally or did you have to order it?

Thanks Brian :cheers:

Bryan

I wouldnt think it would be hard to find. I found it at napa.

jaak

Looking good Brian, where did you send your bumpers to for rechroming??

Jason

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jaak on March 09, 2015, 03:34:44 PM
Looking good Brian, where did you send your bumpers to for rechroming??

Jason

Sorry it too so long to reply . I had the bumpers done by Keystone. They do awesome show chrome, but they are not cheap. 1300. for bumpers and all four guards.

Charger-Bodie

Got a set of the newly repoped vent window parts on the way. Hopefully get those in this weekend. then back to waiting for the top and headliner.

PlainfieldCharger

:o :o You know..if the chrome looks that good in a picture..It must be incredible in person.  :drool5:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on March 12, 2015, 08:19:21 AM
:o :o You know..if the chrome looks that good in a picture..It must be incredible in person.  :drool5:

The chrome is nice. they do a great job.And , its lifetime warrantied.

Ghoste

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Ghoste on March 12, 2015, 11:08:14 AM
Where are they at Brian?

They have branches all over as they are owned by the lkq group. But these were done at the brainard mn. They may or may not have other plants doing it though.  

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 12, 2015, 08:10:57 AM
Got a set of the newly repoped vent window parts on the way. Hopefully get those in this weekend. then back to waiting for the top and headliner.

We need an in depth review of these please.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Sure do because I had some used ones to unload and I need to know if they're worthless now.  :lol:

WHITE AND RED 69

Looking real good!  :2thumbs:

Where did you get the new vent windows? I heard someone was repopping them but didn't know anyone had them in stock? My car needs a new set.   :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on March 12, 2015, 08:11:27 PM

Where did you get the new vent windows? I heard someone was repopping them but didn't know anyone had them in stock? My car needs a new set.   :cheers:

Tony's parts is who is doing them. They just became available the other day. Should be in tommorow.

66FBCharger

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 12, 2015, 08:52:21 PM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on March 12, 2015, 08:11:27 PM

Tony's parts is who is doing them. They just became available the other day. Should be in tommorow.
I saw those vent window parts advertised by Tony's.
Please provide your feedback when you get them and when you install them. I'm considering buying a set.
Thanks,
John
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body