News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 R/t 4 Speed Charger progress. Closing in on the end of the resto! Video.

Started by Charger-Bodie, November 30, 2014, 03:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on February 13, 2015, 05:54:08 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 13, 2015, 04:41:36 PM
By the wa guys. working this diligently come with a cost. I can barely use my fingers right now from just plain abuse to them working my a$$ of on this Charger, pluss regular work in the shop. my other hand is not as bad but close.

Pic not for weak stumachs.

Brian,

I can relate.

A few weeks ago, my fingers were split and bloody from working in the cold in my new, unheated  garage.

Not quite as bad as yours, though  :eek2:

Try this stuff.

It works. :Twocents:

Wifey found some. Hopefully it will work. I shall report back.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mytur Binsdirti

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 14, 2015, 07:15:11 PM
No updates from today's work? You're slacking!  ;)

I blasted and painted the fender splash shields, and stared at it for a while. I'm probably gonna get sores on my butt instead of my hands from all the sitting around.....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 14, 2015, 07:01:41 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on February 13, 2015, 05:54:08 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 13, 2015, 04:41:36 PM
By the wa guys. working this diligently come with a cost. I can barely use my fingers right now from just plain abuse to them working my a$$ of on this Charger, pluss regular work in the shop. my other hand is not as bad but close.

Pic not for weak stumachs.

Brian,

I can relate.

A few weeks ago, my fingers were split and bloody from working in the cold in my new, unheated  garage.

Not quite as bad as yours, though  :eek2:

Try this stuff.

It works. :Twocents:

Wifey found some. Hopefully it will work. I shall report back.

It'll work.  :2thumbs:

I also forgot to mention...

You can seal up the cracks with this stuff,

It'll sting like a bitch for a minute, and you should apply several coats to build up a thick layer, but once it dries, you can actually pick stuff up without cursing like a drunken sailor. :coolgleamA:

Charger-Bodie

Hands are healing up nicely. Got a few things assembled.

One thing I thought noteworthy is that I found a glass supplier( not that it was hard they are on eBay) and received it today and as long as it fits good, I'm really happy. Not tempering marks .not wavy. It doesn't have much for markings like Ecs would, but I'm fine with that. The amd stuff I've used before was not even close to as nice. Ant it was 950. With shopping for all the glass.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

garner7555

Awesome!!  If the glass fits good let us know the supplier on ebay, I am in the market for a set as I'm sure others are too.   Thanks    :2thumbs:

Great work, car looks awesome!
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Charger-Bodie

Auto City Classic glass in Isanti Minnesota. I'm told that they are top notch and that their glass is made in Thailand not China. Word is that Thailand is the main glass suppliers to the world.and , China is new to making automotive glass and that's where the amd stuff is made.

Autocity1958 is the name on eBay.

bill440rt

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 20, 2015, 10:39:45 PM
Auto City Classic glass in Isanti Minnesota. I'm told that they are top notch and that their glass is made in Thailand not China. Word is that Thailand is the main glass suppliers to the world.and , China is new to making automotive glass and that's where the amd stuff is made.

Autocity1958 is the name on eBay.

x2
I've purchased two windshields from them. The first was a Pilkington. Several years later I bought another, but unfortunately they no longer had Pilkington. It was another brand, but the quality was very nice & it was still the proper thickness. No waves or distortion. The logo is of course different than OE original, but was not a concern.

Keep the pics coming Brian, the car is coming out fantastic!!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

472 R/T SE

That's why F8 is such a attractive color.  When it's done right, like yours, it's breath taking.   :Twocents:

Anxious to see another one of your beauties come to fruition.

Charger-Bodie

Thanks guys.

I've snuck a few things on, but for the most part I haven't done much since getting it back home.

Really hope that the vinyl top and headliner guy don't hold me up too much.

Charger-Bodie

MxRacer855

PlainfieldCharger

:2thumbs: Wish I could see that in person...Love the smell of a new paint job!

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

moparnation74

I will have to say, I have never been a fan of green on a charger.  After seeing this car.  It has definitely changed my viewpoint :scratchchin:

Beautiful :2thumbs:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Beav

Never confuse kindness for weakness...

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

72Charger-SE

hemi-hampton

Looks good. Congrats :2thumbs: Can't say the same about the Fingers though, luckily mine never got that bad. LEON.

jaak

VegasCharger

Charger-Bodie