News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 R/t 4 Speed Charger progress. Closing in on the end of the resto! Video.

Started by Charger-Bodie, November 30, 2014, 03:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Thanks guys.

If these cars were crack Id be dead. I have a very addictive personality.......

Buffed polished and panels back on. also painted the tail panel black.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mytur Binsdirti

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Charger-Bodie

got it up to the house. tiptoed the 8 blocks.....

TUFCAT

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 13, 2015, 12:31:00 PM
Thanks guys.

If these cars were crack Id be dead. I have a very addictive personality.......

Buffed polished and panels back on. also painted the tail panel black.

Looks very nice...and the assembly usually proves to be the best job of all!  Have you ever thought of doing Mopar only restorations at your shop and venture away from modern cars?   That might keep you happy for a long time.  :D :yesnod: :icon_smile_cool:

tan top

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 13, 2015, 03:35:03 PM
got it up to the house. tiptoed the 8 blocks.....

:scope: :dance: :dance: :dance: :faint:  looks awesome  already  :yesnod:  nice job !!  , bet its a relief now all painted & car back  home  ,   remember when I use to take my resto / paint jobs to work  , would work all night & holidays & or weekends  to get them done etc  :icon_smile_blackeye:   

looking forward to the build up pictures & stuff  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger-Bodie

By the wa guys. working this diligently come with a cost. I can barely use my fingers right now from just plain abuse to them working my a$$ of on this Charger, pluss regular work in the shop. my other hand is not as bad but close.

Pic not for weak stumachs.

Mytur Binsdirti

I think that most of us can relate, but what's going on with your thumb?  :o

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 13, 2015, 04:43:51 PM
I think that most of us can relate, but what's going on with your thumb?  :o

Same thing as all six that are in bad shape. Cut,cracked and like they went thru a meat grinder. And cuntinuing to beat them up hasn't helped them heal.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 13, 2015, 04:41:36 PM
By the wa guys. working this diligently come with a cost. I can barely use my fingers right now from just plain abuse to them working my a$$ of on this Charger, pluss regular work in the shop. my other hand is not as bad but close.

Brian,

I can relate.

A few weeks ago, my fingers were split and bloody from working in the cold in my new, unheated  garage.

Not quite as bad as yours, though  :eek2:

Try this stuff.

It works. :Twocents:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Crikies!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

:o :o  :puke:
Man, those are some gnarly fingers!  :cheers:
I've had some split, beat up fingers before but those take the cake for sure.  :yesnod:

VERY impressed once again, Brian. I am certainly amazed how you do these one after the other, each one coming out perfect. Can't wait to see this one as assembly progresses.
Get some rest and soak those hands!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TUFCAT

Get that O'Keefes working hands.

Its available at Walgreens I think.

My brother had split finger tips at Thanksgiving....(just like yours)..and this stuff made his hands looks like he was a banker in about two weeks with out changing anything.

It works!!

jessejames

Charger-Bodie

Thanks again! My wife is on the look out for some "working hands" today.

Meanwhile, I had to see what it looked like with the keystones and repop eagles.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Looks great!  Love the Keystones.  They're reproducing eagle GT's now?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 14, 2015, 11:07:44 AM
Looks great!  Love the Keystones.  They're reproducing eagle GT's now?

Yep . Kelsey tire. these are 255/60/15. they are basically repoped for vettes, but ive always liked the look of them.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 14, 2015, 11:15:38 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 14, 2015, 11:07:44 AM
Looks great!  Love the Keystones.  They're reproducing eagle GT's now?

Yep . Kelsey tire. these are 255/60/15. they are basically repoped for vettes, but ive always liked the look of them.

:2thumbs:

Great to see another 15" raised white letter tire available.  :coolgleamA:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 14, 2015, 10:14:58 AM
My wife is on the look out for some "working hands" today.

It will do the trick.

It fixed me right up.

No more saying "Son-of-a-bitch !" every time I bump my fingers or try to do something.

The70RT

Great and damned Brian. I need to pick me some up, between washing my hands 25 times day and working alot too but not like that. Earlier in the year mine started splitting and I started carrying a Chapstick in my pocket all the time and that has really helped.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 72Charger-SE on February 13, 2015, 09:14:24 AM
November 30th - Tear down begins...
February 11th - Finish Paint...
Total days = 73

Actual working days is probably less than 15... as you do have another 'job'... 

Impressive as always Brian!

Your diligence and attention to detail are second to none.

It's more like 20 something days. I also have a family that mixes in there too.

72Charger-SE

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 14, 2015, 04:05:46 PM
Quote from: 72Charger-SE on February 13, 2015, 09:14:24 AM
November 30th - Tear down begins...
February 11th - Finish Paint...
Total days = 73

Actual working days is probably less than 15... as you do have another 'job'... 

Impressive as always Brian!

Your diligence and attention to detail are second to none.

It's more like 20 something days. I also have a family that mixes in there too.

Even 20+ Days is simply amazing!  Wow...  We do have to remember those were probably 18+ hour days...    :o