News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoring Strato Vent Heater box

Started by E5 Charger, November 29, 2014, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E5 Charger

I'm starting to wrap up the restoration of my 1974 Strato Vent Heater box, and came across a part that I don't think belongs. It is bent to fit in a hole and loops to screw it to something. The other end is an open circle that looks to hold a cable in place. It was sitting in the box of heater parts, but I'm thinking it just fell in. Any idea if this is part of the heater box, or belongs somewhere else, or doesn't belong to the Charger at all. Maybe snowblower or lawnmower? :shruggy:

daytona71

Just completed my 73 Strato Vent heater box, and if the same as 74 this part is not for yours

E5 Charger

Thanks for the reply. I finished restoring mine and didn't see where it could possibly belong. I'm happy with how it turned out. I didn't realize mine was a Strato Vent until I emailed Jim from Detroit Muscle Technologies that I had a seal that didn't fit. He mentioned I must have a Strato Vent and would need different foam pieces. He mailed out the ones I needed right away no charge. Great guy to deal with, I will definitely do business with him again.
Here is a quick pic I took of the finished box.