News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Clutch fork bushing

Started by Dmichels, October 22, 2013, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmichels

I found my issue with the my clutch not always releasing completely. The nylon bushing in the clutch fork would distort when it got hot from the manifolds, plus it started tearing and deterating with use. Does anyone make a brass or aluminum bushing for this?
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Dmichels

Year One now has a heavy duty clutch rod with a steel bushing. EXACTLY what I was looking for I would recommend this product to anyone.
Dave
It did not solve my clutch issue but it is much better then stock
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Charger-Bodie

You talking about the z bar bushings?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dmichels

No This is the short rod that goes from the z bar to the clutch bearing lever. The stock ones had a nylon washer bushing thing that always failed. This one has a nice machined steel bushing ball that works great
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dmichels on November 27, 2014, 10:10:44 PM
No This is the short rod that goes from the z bar to the clutch bearing lever. The stock ones had a nylon washer bushing thing that always failed. This one has a nice machined steel bushing ball that works great
Dave

Ah sure. Wasn't sure which you meant.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............