News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need pics or advice on hooking up heater control valve on 73-74 w/a/c

Started by WH23G3G, November 26, 2014, 06:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I've got my new self-adjusting heater control valve clip for my 73 Charger. It's an a/c car and I've got an nos heater control valve on. It's the zinc plated replacement. I've also installed an NOS heater control cable making sure it was for an a/c car. I'm wondering how does this clip stay on the heater control valve? I'm reading the 73 chassis service manual for installing the cable and all it says is to position the self adjust clip 2.0 inches from the loop at the water valve end. Then place clip with cable on the water valve cam and snap cable housing into the retaining clip so that the housing projects 5/8 inch beyond the clip. I've got retaining clip in but I don't see how this self adjust clip goes on the water valve cam and stays on the water valve. Anyone have pictures how theirs is on?
This is the clip that I can't figure out how to install. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Charger+heater+control+valve+clip&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X73+Charger+heater+clip&_nkw=73+Charger+heater+clip&_sacat=0

1973rallye

Just noticed this now so I don't have an opportunity to send a picture at this moment. The NOS water control valve was the one with the red bakelite bottom. The replacement was the all metal type that looks nothing like the original. Regardless, the clip slips over the stem that protrudes up, on the pivoted arm on top of the valve. Then you will need to slide the cable into the grooves on the clip. Hope this is of some help. If not I can send you a picture tomorrow evening when I get home. Ray
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

ODZKing

I have the replacement AVAC valve on mine and I don't know how "self adjusting" it is but here is a pic of how mine is.

1973rallye

1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker