News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2015 Hellcat Charger

Started by War wagon, August 13, 2014, 10:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

Quote from: UH60L on August 18, 2014, 04:48:11 PM
I've always thought that, as a way around the "no 2 2 doors" argument would be to offer a 2 door option as the SRT version.  IE, all SRT cars are 2 doors.  Use the same exterior styling and such other than any special SRT treatment (hoods/stripes etc etc).

Just a thought...

Great idea!   But, what would you be willing to pay for a special run of a few thousand 2 door cars?   :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

J.Bond

I was pulling out of Caledon Fireplace today around 2:00, across the street at the Esso station, I noticed a 2015 Challenger with dealer plates, shot across the road to pull into the gas station, and there was two, White R/T and a Slime Lime 392.... and two mopar employees, car jockey"s,  I yell, so where are the Charger Hellcats, the guy driving the green chall walks up and said the first production Charger Hellcat for public sales, was built yesterday, and the car is black, and the car being number one, is on it's way to Barret Jackson.

DC_1

Quote from: J.Bond on August 20, 2014, 03:20:26 PM
I was pulling out of Caledon Fireplace today around 2:00, across the street at the Esso station, I noticed a 2015 Challenger with dealer plates, shot across the road to pull into the gas station, and there was two, White R/T and a Slime Lime 392.... and two mopar employees, car jockey"s,  I yell, so where are the Charger Hellcats, the guy driving the green chall walks up and said the first production Charger Hellcat for public sales, was built yesterday, and the car is black, and the car being number one, is on it's way to Barret Jackson.

These were dealership employees? How would they know when the first car was built?

Ghoste

It's basically next door to the plant and dealer tags in Ontario do not necessarily mean they were from a dealership, the plant could also be using them.

DC_1

Quote from: Ghoste on August 20, 2014, 08:20:52 PM
It's basically next door to the plant and dealer tags in Ontario do not necessarily mean they were from a dealership, the plant could also be using them.

Thanks Ghoste. I am aware of the dealer plate use in Ontario but Caledon is not that close to the plant. I worked at the plant. Also, the poster said the cars were pulling into a gas station. I wouldn't expect that to be plant guys since they have pumps on site. If he saw Challengers with dealer plates at a gas station 30km north of the plant it would be very unusual to have come from the factory

Ghoste

Yes, sorry forgot you were up here.

DC_1

Quote from: Ghoste on August 20, 2014, 10:20:53 PM
Yes, sorry forgot you were up here.

No prob. Not trying to be a dick. Maybe the j.bond's report is correct but I just wondering where the source of the info comes from.

J.Bond

Sorry for the late reply.

Normally I keep a check on what is on the haulers running down hwy 410# , the past couple of weeks, no Challengers, just 300's and Chargers. I was surprised as well see two Challs where I saw them. These were plant jockey's, wearing there green safety vests, what surprised me more, was after fueling up, they headed south on hwy 10#. Caledon fireplace is at 10 and King, there has to be some sort of connection between King rd and Chrysler, sometime ago , last year maybe, I was leaving a clients location at King and Weston and had well over 10 or 12 Challengers pass me , all driven by green vested smiling people headed west :scratchchin: , so I have no Idea where they were headed. The two employee's were more than happy to chat for a moment, even more when I pointed out that I own some first gens. I stated that I was looking at the pic's of the white car here, and driver of the green chall yells to the other driver that I was looking at said pic's  of a white hellcat. The other driver ,looks at me and say's, that's a promo car, they then said, keep your eye open at the plant gates.

J.Bond

It just occurred to me that when they pulled out of the Esso, heading south, the green car pulled out wide in to the passing lane, they may have headed into the left turn lane, which put the on King road again.. I was outta site by then. With that said, I wonder if there are prescribed routes for transporting new vehicles, why hwy 410 t0 hwy 10 as apposed to running right up Airport rd to King.

Ghoste

More likely engineers doing some kind of test is my guess.  Or just joyriding because they have the authority to get away with it.  Oddly enough on the way up to New Hamburg last Friday we saw nothing but Challengers on the haulers.

War wagon

I lived 2 streets north for 15yrs on olde base line and the folks from the factory would drive by my house Regularly testing vehicles. I knew about the Challenger re introduction long before the media because they would drive by my house daily.
They come straight up Dixie rd , and many others in that area testing cars.
There are tiremarks on some streets that I can only assume have come from Hellcats..... Black as night and as long as the day!!! Not wide enough to be a old school car....

J.Bond

A little update,

Had two black Challenger Hellcats pass me in on coming traffic this morning. It was north of Mayfield on the 410, about Kennedy Rd. Still had clear plastic on the tail light lens's. I stopped into the Esso about a month ago, while, there was another crew of 6 or 7 Challengers, actually talked to the same guys I saw a month earlier, had to ask, what are you guys doing???? Oh , and when can I start..... Anyways, they have to perform three different audits on selected cars. An  EPA audit, 30 km , a NPA audit 30 km and a ROUCH audit at 50 km, the second audit is either a NPA or an RPA, anyways up to three audits could be performed on said vehicles. Burn outs ,high speed tests ,you name it. Now when a vehicle goes thru any of the above audits, a green sticker is affixed to the side window to notify the potential buyer. Don't know if they are at a discounted price or not.