News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bullitt Charger or General Lee?

Started by RT DAVE, March 23, 2006, 11:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Charger is Cooler?  The Bullitt Charger or General Lee?  

Bullitt Charger
86 (65.6%)
General Lee
45 (34.4%)

Total Members Voted: 131

bull

Quote from: RD on March 23, 2006, 06:32:41 PM
Quote from: bull on March 23, 2006, 06:28:18 PM
General Lee Charger =
Bullitt Charger =

fix your links!!! hehee  ;D

Ok, well give me more than 15 seconds next time. ;)

blade trinity

Oh sure, don't include MY CAR!!!!! Yer off my christmas list:)

TruckDriver

Quote from: rotsparts on March 23, 2006, 01:00:47 PM
The Bullet car. The General has been done to death. Go to cardomain.com and look up 68 69 70 chargers you'll see what I mean.  :icon_smile_cool:
:iagree:

Besides, Black is cooler then orange :drool5: But then again, I'd sooner have the Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Charger
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

wLc

I love them both equally. They have both been huge influences in my love of the 2nd gen. Charger.
In the depths of a mind insane
Fantasy and reality are the same

Sinister68

[sarcasm] Hmm, I wonder which one I'm going to choose...Hmm [/sarcasm]   ;D ;D
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

rare69

pretty easy answer here, a beutiful brand new 68 R/T with bad guys or a thrown together bondo buggy with hicks.

THE COLONEL

I had to vote for the General Lee, just because that's what I grew up with.  Bullitt is an awesome movie, and I love the Charger, but it was 8 years before my time, and the General Lee was what got me started on cars.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Lostsheep

I wouldnt kick either one out of the garage, but my love for the Charger started with the General. I also think the Blade car is wicked.

Mike DC

If you were from the generation that fell hard for Bullitt, then you probably don't HATE the General Lee, but you're annoyed that it overshadowed the Charger's original image as a "musclecar with class" to some extent.

If you're from the slightly younger generation that fell hard for the "General Lee," then it's easy to like the Bullitt car too.  (Although few DOH diehards will ever make the switch to preferring the Bullitt car over the GL.)

69fourspd

Grew up with the General.  In process of making my 69 a General too.   ;)

SeattleCharger

Quote from: haueter66 on March 23, 2006, 04:01:31 PM
i like the daytona from joe dirt  ;D

But the Bullit car is my favorite.   Stock sleeper triple black.     :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brock Samson

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Lostsheep on March 23, 2006, 10:02:15 PM
I wouldnt kick either one out of the garage, but my love for the Charger started with the General. I also think the Blade car is wicked.

Ok, ya man, the Blade car was prob. my favorite even over the Bullit car, mostly because of the way it sounded, the lumpy cam.    That scene where it pulls into their hideout garage rolling in real slow in the first movie.

BB1

Lets seeeee,

An orange clunker car with one of the uglyest colors to be put on a Charger, probably though up by a Warner Bros executive.

Or a triple black R/T.

Boy that's a hard one.  :P
Delete my profile

Crazy Larry

That sure is a briliant article - very well written.
There is nothing more pure muscle - with minimum brightwork (as he put it) than the 1968 Dodge Charger.

I love how he described his elbow instinctivly finding the window ledge and his longing for a cigarette even though he doesn't smoke.
The car just makes you feel cool. And low and behold, when you are driving one - you ARE cool!

"Bullitt" Charger for me all the way!

RT DAVE

I'm 30 years old and watched the DOH every Friday night without fail and I still voted for the Bullitt car.   My main intention with this poll was to see how strong the GL contention vs. the best (IMO) stock movie charger was.   With all the votes for the 68, I'm wondering why I see so many GL clones as opposed to triple black 68s?   Must be the extra amount of bodywork you need to do to paint a car black and not have it look like poop.   That's the only reason mine isn't black.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

hemihead

I don't care for either Thank You.And the crack about the 3rd Gen? Well, what does an Englishman know about AMERICAN muscle away?
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Brock Samson

Mine was 3 x black till '99,.. and i just got tired of keeping the finish up and seeing all these other black chargers so i decided to try something new..

and so,.. Jenny Lees aren't   cool...
  like the Classy '68.
  Jennys are more hot and spicy... all souped up, in a supercar costume..  :icon_smile_wink: it IS the worlds' magic flying car...
  the thing about a Bullett clone is, it's just missing eight hubcaps...  :icon_smile_wink:

limey

Quote from: hemihead on March 24, 2006, 10:59:20 AM
Well, what does an Englishman know about AMERICAN muscle away?

We don't all do too badly on that front, old chap! ;D
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

SeattleCharger

Aww bullocks.   No nationality pond battle, heh?      :icon_smile_cool:   :icon_smile_blackeye:    That guy that put down the 3rd gen was just an idiot, I don't care where he was from.   If you English guys have American Mopars over there that is cool.

Chris G.

This is one funny thread if you read it all the way through.

Strat- Although I needed the decoder book to figure out what you were saying, you do have a point. Once someone goes over to the GL board and mentions this thread, it's all over for the Bullitt.

RD- Steve Queen's movies may have been manly, but Bullitt is one of the most boring movies to ever hit the big screen. You have to admit?

Punk- First Charger to be the main car in a movie?  :rotz: It was in the entire flick for what...5 minutes? The Mustang was the main car.

Golden73- You think 3rd gens get no respect? Ask the 66/67 guys about that. No offense to anyone, I like the first gen Chargers.

Blade Trinity- Do you own the car from the original movie?

DCGuy, Black is not cooler than Orange...just ask those guys when summer hits what gets hotter.  :P

A quick interjection....how can anyone honesty sit in front of their computers and say Bullitt was a good movie? C'mon, it's all about the chase seen and that it. Ok, sorry for the rant (IE: Truth).

I think the '70 F&F car was badder than both, but because it was in such a lame movie (although successful), we all frown on it. The Bullitt car looked very plain to me. I know it's got the all business look or whatever, but hubcaps? I wouldn't be caught dead driving a GL. The very thought of being seen in one gives me the creeps. No offense...

That my  :Twocents: Fire away boys, I can take it.  :boxing_smiley:

Oh and I voted for the '68.  :icon_smile_wink:

BigBlockSam

QuoteI wouldn't be caught dead driving a GL 

i think it's a southern thing
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

adauto

I voted bullit but blade's so cool!
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

General_01

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 24, 2006, 06:46:44 PM
Quote    I wouldn't be caught dead driving a GL 

i think it's a southern thing

I must be a dead southerner then. ??? :icon_smile_big:

I didn't vote. Truth be told, driving the General is pretty fun. My kids like it alot and people get a kick out of seeing the General at car shows. When the kids get older, I may change the paint scheme. Maybe go DMCL or just come up with something else. I like purple and black and also yellow and black paint schemes. It's all about having fun with your car.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

RD

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on March 24, 2006, 05:19:48 PM

RD- Steve Queen's movies may have been manly, but Bullitt is one of the most boring movies to ever hit the big screen. You have to admit?

for real!!!!!!!!!!! lol, you know i said that in jest right? hehehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander