News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Attention NY classic car owners

Started by derailed, March 29, 2006, 09:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derailed

I found this info on another forum and thought I would post it here because it would benefit anyone living in NY with a classic car of any type.

URGENT NEW YORK LEGISLATIVE ALERT

New York Bill to Provide for One-Time Historic Vehicle Registration Fee

A bill (A.B. 7413) introduced in the New York Legislature last year to allow historical vehicle owners to pay a one-time registration fee of $23 rather than a yearly fee has been held over for 2006. The bill has been in the New York Assembly Transportation Committee since 2005.

Please Contact Assembly Transportation Committee Members (List Below) Immediately to Support Action on A.B. A05175

The reduced registration fee would be available to owners of historical vehicles owned and operated as an exhibition piece or collector's item and used for club activities, exhibits, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar uses.

Under current New York law, a historical motor vehicle is either a vehicle manufactured more than 25 years ago or one which has unique characteristics and which is determined to be of historical, classic or exhibition value.

The $23 one-time fee would replace the current annual fee.
Please contact members of the New York Assembly Transportation Committee immediately by phone or e-mail to request their support for A.B.05175 .

New York Assembly Transportation Committee

Chairman
David F. Gantt

518-455-5606

Darrel J. Aubertine
aubertd@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5545

Jim Bacalles
bacallj@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5791

Michael Cusick
518-455-5526

Francine DelMonte
delmonf@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5284

Sam Hoyt
hoyts@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-4886

Ivan C. Lafayette
lafayei@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-4545

George S. Latimer
latimeg@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-4897

John W. Lavelle
lavellj@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-4677

Charles D. Lavine
lavinec@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5456

Donna Lupardo
lupardd@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5431

Pat Manning
manninp@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5177

David G. McDonough
McDonoD@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-4633

Brian M. McLaughlin
mclaugb@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5172

Jimmy Meng
mengj@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5411

Joan L. Millman
millmaj@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5426

Matthew Mirones
mironem@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5716

Chris Ortloff
ortlofc@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5943

N. Nick Perry
perryn@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-4166

Jack Quinn
quinnj@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-4462

Frank R. Seddio
seddiof@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5211

Robert K. Sweeney
sweeney@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5787

Paul D. Tonko
tonkop@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-5197

Harvey Weisenberg
weisenh@assembly.state.ny.us
518-455-3028

rt green

whish they had that going on i south dakota...
third string oil changer

Old Moparz

Interesting. I called DMV a couple of years ago asking what the benefit of historic plates would be, & they said absolutely none. No discount on registration or other fees, no discount or requirement from my insurance company, & no choice of personalized plates. The one time fee of $23 is good, but considering what most people, including myself spend on these old cars, I find it ironic that anyone gets uptight over a DMV fee. My plates are only about $56 for 2 years, & no big deal since I like the personalized ones best.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Dave22443

We have a simular program here in Virginia.  I paid $13.00 for my registration (providing my own plates) and never have to register it again.  Other benefits also include no more annual county tax stickers and no annual inspections (both are required on regular cars here). (Inspections are $20. Tax stickers are $30.)

In Virginia (and most other states I think), they used to stamp you new plates for every year you owned your car.  Starting in 1974, they started going with annual stickers and you kept your old plates.  Now, if you have a matching set of original plates (we require front and rear plates here) that have the same year on them as the year of your car, you can register them for the above mentioned $13.00.  If you don't have a set, they will issue you an ugly generic plate for another $10.00 or so.

There are some restrictions here when you run antique plates (2500 miles or less a year, within 250 miles of your home, etc...) but they don't inforce it.  They don't know how many miles you put on in a year and you can go more than 250 miles from home if its to a show or for repairs so why bother checking?   ;D

All in all, not a bad deal, and you always have the option of using regular plates that you renew every year or two and that removes all restrictions plus allows you to get personalized, but I opted for the antiques on my car for two reasons.  1) They look cool with the retro look. 2) They cost a lot less!

-d.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

adauto

Wi. has a "Collector" Plate I think my last one was in the $150 Range. But once you own it it's yours forever and is transferrable.
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Just 6T9 CHGR

Im sure that will never pass.......NY is strapped for cash....every little bit helps.

I use the old original blue & yellow plates on the car
Chris' '69 Charger R/T