News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cup holder ideas and Pic for a 3rd Gen Charger

Started by 71chargerrtclone, November 18, 2014, 09:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

isn't that what the passenger/girlfriend/wife is for    :icon_smile_big:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

RDC

Quote from: polywideblock on November 18, 2014, 09:54:31 PM
isn't that what the passenger/girlfriend/wife is for    :icon_smile_big:
That's exactly what I do, my wife has asked more than once if the only reason shes come along for the ride is :icon_smile_wink: to hold the coffee during turns and shifts

Ghoste

I just have on of those generic Autozone plastic ones that drops over the trans tunnel but no console to get in the way of it.

Dino

I have one of those plastic thingies that slides between the console and seats.  It works great, doesn't marr the console, and slips under the seat when I don't need it.  Can't beat that!

I had all these big plans to incorporate a cup holder somewhere hidden but then I gave up coffee so those plans went bye bye.   :icon_smile_big:
The console holder is just fine for my water bottle.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bordin34

I found that putting a cup between the door and seat works better than my cupholders.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Ghoste

Before the minivan taught us that we should always have places for beverage containers, do you wonder what they did in the dark primitive days of yore?  At least the single guys? ;)

Shakey

Quote from: Ghoste on November 21, 2014, 06:42:27 AM
Before the minivan taught us that we should always have places for beverage containers, do you wonder what they did in the dark primitive days of yore?  At least the single guys? ;)

The first time I ever recall any type of position for a coffee/cup in a car was a 1984 Cadillac ElDorado.  Open the glove box and the door rested in a horizontal position and there were two indentations for a coffee mug or cup.  It wasn't long after that that we started seeing interiors designed around cup holders.

Personally, I don't get it.  Can we as humans not go for a few hours without having something to sip on?   :shruggy:

archie360

To the credit of 71 b-bodies the glovebox kind of doubled as a cup holder.  I remember my folks using it when they would stop at Micky D's before they had an eat in seating.  Of course I was a kid so I was in the back and had to hold my own cup  :shruggy:

Wouldn't recommend it when moving though!
1971 SE 383HP     1972 Rallye 340

Ghoste

The 1st gens had that too.  I assume the 70 models do?  The 68 and 69 lids look cool with the flip up feature but it does come short on the cup holding.  I suppose they figured the 68 and 69 Chargers were so good looking that there was no possible way a guy driving one wouldn't have some chick to hold his drink?