News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BE/A and PG Classics

Started by krigel, November 22, 2014, 08:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krigel

Hi, I was under the impression that these two companies were dealing the same parts. I talked with Mike on Friday at BE/A, and he says they aren't affiliated. Any insight?

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

It could be that they get parts from the same source?

polywideblock

pg classic parts come straight from factory in china when I order parts online    :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

All of the BEA stuff is properly licensed with Chrysler logos and part numbers on them.  PG Classics parts seem to often be the same as BEA but without logos and part numbers.

E5 Charger

Troy

Um, not sure why he'd say that exactly. Unless things have changed dramatically in the last couple of years, the parts come off the same production line (at least the large majority of them do unless there's something that BE&A has an exclusive on). They are technically different companies but have a business arrangement (PG owns the manufacturing facilities). BE&A goes through the extra step of licensing their parts with Mopar (and paying the associated fees) while PG either has no part number or grinds it off to avoid legal issues.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Maybe he was just trying to keep people from going to the cheaper source? :shruggy:

chargerperson

I am looking for a dash pad for 67 charger.  Strangely enough, BEA is cheaper by about 20% for the same part based on the above

Ghoste

So much for that theory then.

chargerperson

I just spoke to Mike, the owner of BEA, and he is very helpful.  Good knowledge/experience of first generation Chargers.

E5 Charger

Did you ask about his relationship with PG Classics?

gtx6970

Quote from: chargerperson on January 08, 2015, 10:18:57 PM
I am looking for a dash pad for 67 charger.  Strangely enough, BEA is cheaper by about 20% for the same part based on the above

Save your money,,its doesnt fit right.
I tried one in a 1967 Coronet RT ,,,gave it back to BEA last summer at Carlisle . We dyed an NOS tan one black and in the car it went

chargerperson

Quote from: E5 Charger on January 09, 2015, 10:13:45 AM

I did not, but he touched upon it.  Seemed to suggest that PG Classics and even Herb's and himself have collaborated in the past on production runs.  I didn't get into it as he was cheaper for PG classics for the same part.  He asked where I had bought some parts - believe a dash bezel which I had bought from Herb's and he said that he likely drop shipped the part.

chargerperson

Quote from: gtx6970 on January 09, 2015, 11:29:55 AM

I tried one in a 1967 Coronet RT ,,,gave it back to BEA last summer at Carlisle . We dyed an NOS tan one black and in the car it went

Thank you.  but yikes, I already ordered it this morning.  How bad did it fit?  I figure I can give it a shot since it is already on the way.  Should the Charger one not fit as well I presume I will have a reason to go to Carlisle

E5 Charger

Quote from: chargerperson on January 09, 2015, 02:48:38 PM
Quote from: E5 Charger on January 09, 2015, 10:13:45 AM

I did not, but he touched upon it.  Seemed to suggest that PG Classics and even Herb's and himself have collaborated in the past on production runs.  I didn't get into it as he was cheaper for PG classics for the same part.  He asked where I had bought some parts - believe a dash bezel which I had bought from Herb's and he said that he likely drop shipped the part.

That totally makes sense. They are separate companies but join forces to bring down the production costs by ordering larger numbers.

gtx6970

Quote from: chargerperson on January 09, 2015, 03:04:58 PM

Thank you.  but yikes, I already ordered it this morning.  How bad did it fit? 

It bolts up fine across the top edge. The issue shows up when you go to attach the ends where they roll down the ft of the frame.
When you attach the ends , its pulls the top away from the frame causing a major gap between the pad and the metal frame. Not easly seen,until you look thru the windshield then it sticks out in a bad way

chargerperson

GTX6970 thanks for your note.  We'll see soon enough as my car comes back together as it is currently being restored and just finished paint. The old dash frame will probably be replaced so we thought we could/should consider a new pad. Will possibly recycle the old one as it was in fair shape though it has been so long (10 months) since i saw the car together i can't fully remember

6bblgt

'66-'67 Charger dash pad is different than other b-bodies  :scratchchin: hopefully the Charger pad has a more accurate fit.

Ghoste

The frame and shape and basic mounting dimensions are the same though, its just the depth of it thats different I think?  The Charger pad sticks out much further.  Yet one more example of why 66-67 Charger is a Coronet with a fastback thinking is goofy.

A383Wing

Everyone that I know that ordered a dash pad for the first gen Charger had no issues at all with fit and finish

chargerperson

Thank you.  but yikes, I already ordered it this morning.  How bad did it fit?  I figure I can give it a shot since it is already on the way.  Should the Charger one not fit as well I presume I will have a reason to go to Carlisle

To close this out, at least for my car, the dash pad did fit for my 67 Charger

chargerperson

Quote from: chargerperson on February 08, 2015, 07:46:59 PM

To close this out, at least for my car, the dash pad did fit for my 67 Charger

Here is a picture of the dash pad on the car

Mopar Nut

Quote from: chargerperson on February 10, 2015, 06:07:38 PM
Here is a picture of the dash pad on the car
I sure like that color on your car!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

chargerperson