News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jay Leno Donates to a deserving soldier!! Very cool!

Started by mrsskip68, November 19, 2014, 04:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

wingcar

1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Lennard

Awesome thing to do from Jay Leno of course, but it's an easy thing to do when you have $350 million on your bank account and about the same amount worth in vehicles in your hangar in L.A. :thumbs:

RJS

That was/is absolutely spectacular!!!!  That soldier has been through so much that just the day with Jay would have been enough butt...     Jay Leno did something that these self righteous actors should learn from!!!
God Bless America

Ron

hemi-hampton

Jay has his own Hellcat. A black one. Seen it today at work. At least thats what I was told. I'd like one of those too. LEON.

moparnation74

Class Act!! Leno just displayed.  No matter how much money/cars he has, It is the Act of Giving that is more important!

charge69

I always thought Jay Leno was a class act and this gesture was a wonderful thing to do.

Mike DC

There's a lot of guys who could afford to do this.  How many others have done it? 

Leno is also retired, has a nice image, and no scandals brewing - no big ulterior motives for this.

Ghoste

I think there are more doing it than we know, a lot of wealthy people make their donations to whatever cause quietly in order to keep the "me too's" from overwhelming them.  Leno is a class act though and doing it publicly like this raises awareness for the issue which is a bonus in this case.  :Twocents:

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Lennard

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

myk

Quote from: Lennard on November 21, 2014, 03:56:14 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on November 21, 2014, 02:05:11 PM

Always liked Leno but he lost a couple of admiration points with me because of this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-dreier/jay-leno-gun-lobby_b_6186418.html

After reading this, he just gained points in my book.

Jay Leno made his fortune by pandering to the masses, working as a media whore.  Therefore, his behavior shouldn't surprise anyone; he'll shake hands and grin his teeth with whatever side of the public is the more favorable one, even if it means betraying your own personal belief in the 2nd Amendment.  Going back on your word is inexcusable, though...

Ghoste

I agree with you Myk but having met Leno a few times I will say this, he is a 100% genuine car guy and he is also a very genuine sort of person.  He's certainly entitled to other opinions even if I (and others) don't agree with it.  I don't support that one view but he really is a car guy. :Twocents:

1974dodgecharger

We all done bad things in the past......thats why we give back it justifys our past. 

Leno did a awesome job giving away a hellcat.....all he has to do is pay the taxes or sell the hellcat to purchase a new home for his family.... :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 22, 2014, 05:58:04 AM
We all done bad things in the past......thats why we give back it justifys our past. 

Leno did a awesome job giving away a hellcat.....all he has to do is pay the taxes or sell the hellcat to purchase a new home for his family.... :2thumbs:

Maybe a down payment on a home. 58,295 does not buy much of a house.

moparnation74

Quote from: Ghoste on November 21, 2014, 11:05:29 PM
I agree with you Myk but having met Leno a few times I will say this, he is a 100% genuine car guy and he is also a very genuine sort of person.  He's certainly entitled to other opinions even if I (and others) don't agree with it.  I don't support that one view but he really is a car guy. :Twocents:
:iagree:

We are all imperfect, we have made mistakes in some way.  If anyone had the option to make the financial gains he made they would be all over it. To say that's untrue is a falsehood.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Lennard on November 21, 2014, 03:56:14 PM
After reading this, he just gained points in my book.

Wait 'til they quash the 1st Amendment and you can no longer voice that opinion.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 22, 2014, 09:48:27 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 22, 2014, 05:58:04 AM

Maybe a down payment on a home. 58,295 does not buy much of a house.

in MI it will, lol, but yea a down payment  :icon_smile_big: that's large too.

hemi-hampton