News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

door pads

Started by tiki, November 18, 2014, 07:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiki

when i bought my 69 charger there was only one door pad for the left side so i bought one on e bay for the right fast forward 5 months to today I laid the pad on the door and the hole where the lock rod goes is in the wrong spot,it should be near the corner, the hole on the pad is about 10 inches from the corner now i need just the right side pad with the hole near the corner and i dont know what i would do with the other pad,any ideas where to get the right pad? thanks :coolgleamA:

Back N Black

You have a 68 pad,the 69 has the lock in a different location. PG classics sells new pads, but not cheap.

bill440rt

You have bigger problems.
Sounds like you have the wrong door also ('68). In '68 the lock buttons were further back, they were moved about 10" forward for '69 - '70. The latch/linkages inside the door are also different due to the difference in the lock rod placement.
You could drill a hole in the door up top for the correct linkage, you may have to drill/fill holes on the backside of the door as well for the hardware for the different linkage setup. Linkage is not available new AFAIK, so it's used only.

Where is the hole on your driver's side pad?  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

tiki

6spd68

A moderator should put this thread in the Parts Wanted section, I'm sure a member here has a used one they can sell you.  All my marbles are on MoparSal, he's great for parts, has came through for me good a couple times now.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Back N Black

moparnation74

68 door, 69 pad.  Not a major loss you can convert what you have.  Or buy a 68 pad and deal with the difference.

tiki

thanks back in black where can i get the new rod? :cheers:

moparnation74

How quick do you need it?

tiki

moparnation are you talking about the right upper
door pad in black or lock rod?

moparnation74

tiki

i just put the request in parts wanted thanks

bill440rt

Quote from: tiki on November 18, 2014, 08:39:01 AM
near the corner

Sounds like you have '68 doors on your '69.
If you have the door internals already, you should be good to go then with just the pad.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce