News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GL Ad for Movie Car

Started by maxwellwedge, November 17, 2014, 12:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

QuoteWe must apologize as due to an internal error the price on this vehicle was listed incorrectly at $54,900. The correct for the vehicle is listed above as $89,900, once again we do apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused

Probably didn't get any more "bites" at $54,900.00 than they did at $89,900.00   :pity:

wingcar

*What they say, and what they mean.......

We must apologize as due to an internal error (Car was priced by someone more familiar with Chevy's, than Mopars) the price on this vehicle was listed incorrectly at $54,900 (Car was priced at a somewhat reasonable price...our mistake). The correct price for the vehicle is listed above as $89,900, (Since we can't sell it, let's raise the price, after all it is orange) once again we do apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused (Unless of course the confusion makes you want to get out your checkbook)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

chargerperson

I don't think even Boss Hogg would pay $89,900

keith88

Its a car dealer they always think they are worth more than they are!! :slap:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

bill440rt

Same dealer that bought my friend's GL for $45K and slapped a $75K price tag on it.  ::)
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

VegasCharger

Quote from: bill440rt on November 17, 2014, 04:40:26 PM
Same dealer that bought my friend's GL for $45K and slapped a $75K price tag on it.  ::)

Bill, any knowledge of it selling at that price?

bill440rt

Quote from: VegasCharger on November 17, 2014, 09:06:38 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on November 17, 2014, 04:40:26 PM
Same dealer that bought my friend's GL for $45K and slapped a $75K price tag on it.  ::)

Bill, any knowledge of it selling at that price?

That I do not know, but I no longer see it listed in their inventory.  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Stegs

what might have happened is they were getting a lot of interested in the car at 54k, and they thought "hey, we can get more money for this car" so then raised the prices as there is a "demand" for it

either way, it is what it is.......will they get it....maybe....

will it be me, not at all...

im happy with my charger...that's all that matters  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

They may also have a time machine in the showroom and when you walk in to look at the car you are instantly transported back to the price bubble of 2007 and for reasons you can't explain you find yourself willing to pay whatever it takes to own the car.