News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wrecked Dart

Started by Drache, November 16, 2014, 01:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

looks like everyone was ok at least
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

John_Kunkel

Typical....traffic jam in opposite divided lane caused by "looky loo's".  ::)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

six-tee-nine

the guy in the car was probably yelling "where the h*ll did that bag of grass go!"
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Mytur Binsdirti

The girl looks like she's scratching her crabs.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 17, 2014, 07:55:14 AM

or she broke something..... Nah that can't be it  ::)

Drache

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on November 17, 2014, 12:44:00 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 17, 2014, 07:55:14 AM

or she broke something..... Nah that can't be it  ::)

She broke her wrist says the photographer
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mytur Binsdirti

Since there is no caption in the picture, I still say she's scratching her crabs.

Drache

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 17, 2014, 02:02:55 PM
Since there is no caption in the picture, I still say she's scratching her crabs.

Another post by the troll  ::)
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mytur Binsdirti

6spd68

If I'm not mistaken; I remember reading an article in a magazine maybe 12 years ago about that had this picture in it.   :scratchchin:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

472 R/T SE

That's Hwy. 26 coming out of the tunnel heading west out of Portland, Oregon, it's a stretch going up hill with truck lanes.  The traffic going the other way is like that most of the time, they're getting ready to enter said tunnel with downtown Portland on the other end.

Back when I was able bodied/working I'd pull that hill with one of our old cranes doing about 10 mph.  One of those old cranes only ran 42 mph top speed.  During rush hour was the best.  All kinds of people telling me I'm #1, swerving at me (this one always had me shaking my head).
I would just laugh & wave.  I'm crawling through traffic making $36 an hour...15 years ago, honk all you want.   :nana:

The crane I had when I was paralyzed, I had just got brand new that year, 2.6 million$$.  It pulled that hill a little bit faster.   :insertsarcasm:

ws23rt

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 17, 2014, 06:02:58 PM
That's Hwy. 26 coming out of the tunnel heading west out of Portland, Oregon, it's a stretch going up hill with truck lanes.  The traffic going the other way is like that most of the time, they're getting ready to enter said tunnel with downtown Portland on the other end.

Back when I was able bodied/working I'd pull that hill with one of our old cranes doing about 10 mph.  One of those old cranes only ran 42 mph top speed.  During rush hour was the best.  All kinds of people telling me I'm #1, swerving at me (this one always had me shaking my head).
I would just laugh & wave.  I'm crawling through traffic making $36 an hour...15 years ago, honk all you want.   :nana:

The crane I had when I was paralyzed, I had just got brand new that year, 2.6 million$$.  It pulled that hill a little bit faster.   :insertsarcasm:

You are right about it being hwy 26 in Portland but it is looking east toward skyline. just passed there is down hill to the tunnels. The wreck is on an overpass that goes to canyon rd.
What would be the guess as to the year this was taken?   I say it's at least 25 years old :shruggy:

TUFCAT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 17, 2014, 02:02:55 PM

....or she's hiding a bag of weed.  Whatever the case, I have to assume the guy (who's legs are hanging outside the car) had to go inside to "retrieve something"......, que the "bag of weed" reference again.  :smoke:

There's an awful lot of fluid leaking underneath that car....so he'd better be quick about it! :scared: :P

472 R/T SE

Yep, good eye.  I'm a Washitonian (sp?) is my excuse.

There's an overpass that was built right past that accident that I was a part of.  

That intersection is all different now.  There's a truck (slow) lane that completely separates from the freeway on westbound side.

TUFCAT

Quote from: ws23rt on November 17, 2014, 06:11:21 PM

What would be the guess as to the year this was taken?   I say it's at least 25 years old :shruggy:

I clearly remember those "B.F. Goodrich Belted T/A" tires.

The tread design and white letter font was the final swan song for the "Belted T/A" and were last made around 1984-1985 if I recall.  Basing on that, I'm guessing this picture has to be nearly 30 years old.

472 R/T SE

Same age as you huh Tuffy?   ;)

I can't remember **** from when I was 30 let alone 30 years ago.   :lol:

ws23rt

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 17, 2014, 07:13:20 PM

What would be the guess as to the year this was taken?   I say it's at least 25 years old :shruggy:

The tread design and white letter font was the final swan song for the "Belted T/A" and were last made around 1984-1985 if I recall.  Basing on that, I'm guessing this picture has to be nearly 30 years old.

:2thumbs:---I was looking at the cars and what would be the newest as an indicator. In those days all I saw on the road were little boxes from japan and they were not into styling for year change like cars were in the 60s and before.
As for the girl---the wreck maybe wasn't bad enough to scare the piss out of her. She looks like she has to go.
However it could have scared the crabs enough for them hang on extra tight.  :D

ws23rt

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 17, 2014, 07:26:27 PM
Same age as you huh Tuffy?   ;)

I can't remember **** from when I was 30 let alone 30 years ago.   :lol:

I'm like you---Some things from the past are clear as a bell and others are waiting to be remembered.
My memory is great-- the problem I have is accessing it when I want to.  :lol:

TUFCAT

Quote from: ws23rt on November 17, 2014, 07:29:08 PM

^^^  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Same age as you huh Tuffy?   ;)

I can't remember **** from when I was 30 let alone 30 years ago.   :lol:

I ONLY remember car related stuff...and women.  :D

moparnation74

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 17, 2014, 07:36:44 PM
Quote from: ws23rt on November 17, 2014, 07:29:08 PM

^^^  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Same age as you huh Tuffy?   ;)

I can't remember **** from when I was 30 let alone 30 years ago.   :lol:

I ONLY remember car related stuff...and women.  :D
My kind of priorities!!!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 17, 2014, 07:13:20 PM

That is the exact tires that I had on my very first charger back in 1985. Love those tires.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ws23rt

Those are also the same tires I just tossed with only 100 miles on them. I bought them early in my project and the years went by.
I now have new ones and expect to run some of the rubber off before they are too old to be safe.
BTW the new ones look better than the old ones.---new tec. I guess---

RallyeMike

QuoteThere's an awful lot of fluid leaking underneath that car...

Keeping with the theme.... my assumption is bong water  :shruggy:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Kern Dog

1970 or 71 Swinger with a 7 1/4" axle. Probably a slanty. 9" drum brakes ?

Ghoste

Big Nike swoops on the weed divers shoes and a concert jersey on the squatting retrieval coach ("hurry up man theres someone out here with a camera") so that must put it around 1980?