News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What kind of car is this?

Started by Drache, November 16, 2014, 11:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

try again

The tail lights almost look like a dart, the gas cap looks like a charger, and the back window looks like a coronet.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

I don't see anything there yet Drache.

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on November 16, 2014, 12:22:11 PM
I don't see anything there yet Drache.

Ok this time I just attached the picture
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

DAY CLONA

South American made Chrysler Do Brasil, Polara ....only engine IIRC was a /6

Ghoste

I wish there someone would write a good authoritative text on the Mopars from Latin America. (in English)

Drache

Quote from: DAY CLONA on November 16, 2014, 12:44:08 PM

Danke!

Noticed the Dodge GTX was the same car except without the "R/T" badging and came with a 318.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JB400

If I remember correctly, South Africa got similar cars until the Aussie Valiant Charger came out.

Lucas

Is a 1973 Dodge Polara from Argentina.

Mytur Binsdirti

Fortunately, when Chrysler created those Frankencars from all their piles of spare parts, they sold them to people in countries who didn't care about tastes.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Drache on November 16, 2014, 12:56:58 PM

Danke!

Noticed the Dodge GTX was the same car except without the "R/T" badging and came with a 318.

GTX came with 273 or 318

70s Style

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 17, 2014, 06:51:22 AM
Fortunately, when Chrysler created those Frankencars from all their piles of spare parts, they sold them to people in countries who didn't care about tastes.

They sold them in the USA too, did you forget the names "Omni", "Shadow", "Aspen", "Volare", "Rampage".....and the list goes...

Drache

Quote from: 70s Style on April 22, 2021, 10:57:13 PM

They sold them in the USA too, did you forget the names "Omni", "Shadow", "Aspen", "Volare", "Rampage".....and the list goes...

Holy Necro Thread Batman  :nana:

Responding to a post that was 7 years old  :cheers:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

70s Style

Mytur Binsdirti

That car pictured by the OP pre-dates the Omni, Shadow, Aspen, Volare & Rampage & was never sold in the US. I see that you are an old time lurker from the deep south, but if you're going to drag up a 7 year old post to try to make a point, at least try to make your point factual.

:2thumbs:

Nacho-RT74

The one on pic is from Argentina actually. Brasil offered Darts with body packs and changes and named them Chargers, Darts, Magnums and Lebarons

and Spain offered a similar car but just 4 doors... called 3700 with diesel engine or 3700GT if /6 and 4 speeds

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

The Argentina car was offered on Polara, RT and GTX versions depending on options

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Nacho-RT74

who says that ? you ?

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on April 26, 2021, 08:08:15 AM

who says that ? you ?

Yes I did, 6 1/2 years ago, and you're late to the party. BTW, I still stand by that comment today.    :2thumbs:

70s Style

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 26, 2021, 04:57:35 AM

That car pictured by the OP pre-dates the Omni, Shadow, Aspen, Volare & Rampage & was never sold in the US. I see that you are an old time lurker from the deep south, but if you're going to drag up a 7 year old post to try to make a point, at least try to make your point factual.

:2thumbs:

The car from the picture was obviuosly never made in the states but the other "Frankencars" like the Omni, Shadow and Aspen were.
Whats wrong with dragging up a 7 year old post? Thats what lurkers are for!!!!