News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cheap horsepower?

Started by 68chargerboy, March 21, 2006, 10:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargerboy

i was hoping for some suggestions.  i just got $200 for my birthday.  i have a 66 monaco 383 bone stock.  what would be the best thing to buy to improve my horsepower.  Joliet motor speed way is opening up soon and i want to really dust some ricers :).  thanks

Zach

golden73

I would say go with a cam upgrade, that would be the best bang for the buck while on a low budget.

RallyeMike

This is over budget by $15, but maybe you can raid your piggy bank ?

(Summit Racing)

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Mike DC

I vote for full-length headers on the exhaust.  Maybe some 1.75" Hedmans or something.

(But beware, cheap headers can bring some annoying side effects.)

firefighter3931

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 23, 2006, 10:32:55 AM

I vote for full-length headers on the exhaust.  Maybe some 1.75" Hedmans or something.

(But beware, cheap headers can bring some annoying side effects.)

:iagree: Headers and good exhaust are your best bang for the buck !  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

70kracken

buy a drum of race fuel  ;D
RELEASE THE KRACKEN

HOTRODBAKER

SAVE THE $200 UNTIL YOU HAVE MORE MONEY TO SPEND ON A CAM, INTAKE, CARB, COMBINATION PACKAGE!! REMOVE WEIGHT!!! FREE!!! EVERY 100 LBS WILL TAKE OFF ONE TENTH OF A SECOND!! TAKE THE AIR CLEANER LID AND FLIP ,IT. (IT SOUNDS COOL) MAKE SURE IF YOU SPRAY THE ENGINE IT HAS PLENTY OF FUEL SO YOU DON'T BURN PISTONS, AND DON'T RUN OVER YOUR CRANKSHAFT!! www.bakerautoperformance.com